Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
cocks fighting over bowls and smashed 8 eggs Emptyby oldstrain Today at 2:00 pm

» Good Morning
cocks fighting over bowls and smashed 8 eggs Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:17 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
cocks fighting over bowls and smashed 8 eggs Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:49 pm

» good luck weekend
cocks fighting over bowls and smashed 8 eggs Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:30 pm

» escaped birds return
cocks fighting over bowls and smashed 8 eggs Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:24 pm

» Scandalous .......
cocks fighting over bowls and smashed 8 eggs Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
cocks fighting over bowls and smashed 8 eggs Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
cocks fighting over bowls and smashed 8 eggs Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
cocks fighting over bowls and smashed 8 eggs Emptyby David Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:25 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) cocks fighting over bowls and smashed 8 eggs 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 95 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 94 Guests :: 2 Bots

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.cocks fighting over bowls and smashed 8 eggs Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
cocks fighting over bowls and smashed 8 eggs Vote_lcapcocks fighting over bowls and smashed 8 eggs Voting_barcocks fighting over bowls and smashed 8 eggs Vote_rcap 
David
cocks fighting over bowls and smashed 8 eggs Vote_lcapcocks fighting over bowls and smashed 8 eggs Voting_barcocks fighting over bowls and smashed 8 eggs Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222607 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
cocks fighting over bowls and smashed 8 eggs Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
cocks fighting over bowls and smashed 8 eggs Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

cocks fighting over bowls and smashed 8 eggs

Go down 
+2
George & Morgan
joe wheelo
6 posters
AuthorMessage
joe wheelo
Hatchling
Hatchling
joe wheelo

cocks fighting over bowls and smashed 8 eggs Empty
PostSubject: cocks fighting over bowls and smashed 8 eggs   cocks fighting over bowls and smashed 8 eggs EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 10:34 am

Hi lads its been a while. Im gutted I let me birds go down early this year to try get ahead of the pack as ive only a small set up comparing to others, I thought I was doing well untill I went out this morning only to find the nests of four birds wrecked and four cocks at logger heads, all was fine untill now but it seems these two cocks want two nests each as they are in fighting other cocks. As ive said small loft and stuck for room so I know this could be my problem. Anyway I guess its back to drawing board for me Embarassed has anyone else had this and what was the solution cheers lads.
Back to top Go down
http://joe081177@live.ie
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: cocks fighting over bowls and smashed 8 eggs   cocks fighting over bowls and smashed 8 eggs EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:43 am

lock the fighting cock in the nest box with a furry toy don't think he will go back in it

Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: cocks fighting over bowls and smashed 8 eggs   cocks fighting over bowls and smashed 8 eggs EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:51 am

or put a bit of string around the legs of the troublesome cock and put him in the nest box he is raiding with the cock who is resident to that box and let the raiding cock take a bit of stick from the resident cock ...bet he don't go back in after he has had a seeing to but sometimes you get a real troublemaker who just wont settle and they are more trouble than worth as they upset the whole section ...how many pairs into what size section do you have joe  Question as you will never settle them if theirs not enough room jmo but they need space especialy if they don't fly out ...this is down to the fancier and no fault of the birds jmo can you not put a few pairs to rear in the yb section which should be empty maybe put 3 pairs in their and let them nest on the floor if you have no boxes
Back to top Go down
joe wheelo
Hatchling
Hatchling
joe wheelo

PostSubject: Re: cocks fighting over bowls and smashed 8 eggs   cocks fighting over bowls and smashed 8 eggs EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 12:06 pm

I had no trouble last year lads ye your right about space I know that im building new loft next month I might just have to wait untill its build to start breeding, just heart breaking to see that mess this morning ive two dominant cocks causing trouble, ill try moving them today to yb section. Cheers lads back to square one im sick as a  pig 
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: cocks fighting over bowls and smashed 8 eggs   cocks fighting over bowls and smashed 8 eggs EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 12:21 pm

don't worry joe plenty time to pair up yet m8 a lot are going back to the old ways ...no darkness and breeding in febuary and later...if ya want to darken you still have plenty time another 3 weeks or so and if you put troublemakers in the yb loft close spare boxes and they will go down again in no time at all
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: cocks fighting over bowls and smashed 8 eggs   cocks fighting over bowls and smashed 8 eggs EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 12:22 pm

that's another 3to 5 weeks to re-pair and ybs still go on dark
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: cocks fighting over bowls and smashed 8 eggs   cocks fighting over bowls and smashed 8 eggs EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 12:25 pm

joe I had the same problem read about the furry toy lock him in the box with the toy for 5 mins he never went back to the box
Back to top Go down
joe wheelo
Hatchling
Hatchling
joe wheelo

PostSubject: Re: cocks fighting over bowls and smashed 8 eggs   cocks fighting over bowls and smashed 8 eggs EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 12:41 pm

Ill try the fury toy trick sounds like the job alright never heard of it tho cheers, im going natural again this year to many ppl talking about having trouble with sickness on darkness, I just thought start early to get ahead to get a descent team together as ive small loft at the moment.
Back to top Go down
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

PostSubject: Re: cocks fighting over bowls and smashed 8 eggs   cocks fighting over bowls and smashed 8 eggs EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 1:16 pm

dont leave nest box fronts on, its easy for the resident cock to eject the intruder, if you find 1 in wrong box gently pull him out with his leg,he should get the message after a time or two, if it still persists , give it a bloody good hiding it wont do it again, some times cocks that dont learn are a bloody newsence and probably best removed as they will continue to upset the rest, andthat will just not do, good luck cheers 
Back to top Go down
joe wheelo
Hatchling
Hatchling
joe wheelo

PostSubject: Re: cocks fighting over bowls and smashed 8 eggs   cocks fighting over bowls and smashed 8 eggs EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 1:31 pm

Ha ha edgie like ur style I think I might have to remove this one hes persistent in his quest just tryed fury toy ill try it again in a bit but hes back in now, I dident pay them this mucch attention last year and I had no problems with breeding, I think I might just give them a day or so to see if they sort it then ill take action.
Back to top Go down
jonD
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: cocks fighting over bowls and smashed 8 eggs   cocks fighting over bowls and smashed 8 eggs EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 1:36 pm

ive little time for troublesome cks, think they should show more intrest
in their own box and not the one next door. best removed and move on
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: cocks fighting over bowls and smashed 8 eggs   cocks fighting over bowls and smashed 8 eggs EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 2:46 pm

joe wheelo wrote:
Ill try the fury toy trick sounds like the job alright never heard of it tho cheers, im going natural again this year to many ppl talking about having trouble with sickness on darkness, I just thought start early to get ahead to get a descent team together as ive small loft at the moment.

just time it right joe so they not to far in the moult when yer racing ...I would go natural until at least you got yer old bird team established
Back to top Go down
joe wheelo
Hatchling
Hatchling
joe wheelo

PostSubject: Re: cocks fighting over bowls and smashed 8 eggs   cocks fighting over bowls and smashed 8 eggs EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 3:03 pm

I think your right oldstrain it seems to be the sensible option , I was thinking of just racing yb this year a handfull of races and then with new loft next year and a few races under there belt I would be in a better position patience is a virtue im learning
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: cocks fighting over bowls and smashed 8 eggs   cocks fighting over bowls and smashed 8 eggs EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:26 pm

edgie wrote:
dont leave nest box fronts on, its easy for the resident cock to eject the intruder, if you find 1 in wrong box gently pull him out with his leg,he should get the message after a time or two, if it still persists , give it a bloody good hiding it wont do it again, some times cocks that dont learn are a bloody newsence and probably best removed as they will continue to upset the rest, andthat will just not do, good luck cheers 

Of the many things that rile me with pigeons  Wink  Wink these type of cocks make my blood boil "Big time" just like you have Joe. Truth be told !!! Edgie's way  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad is the only way at times & unfortunately  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  there has been the odd occassion here, where an ambulance has had to be called in, I'm  affraid .  cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: cocks fighting over bowls and smashed 8 eggs   cocks fighting over bowls and smashed 8 eggs Empty

Back to top Go down

cocks fighting over bowls and smashed 8 eggs
Page 1 of 1