Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
Can you Turn North rd birds South and Vice Versa?? Emptyby David Today at 4:41 pm

» Weather today
Can you Turn North rd birds South and Vice Versa?? Emptyby David Today at 4:41 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Can you Turn North rd birds South and Vice Versa?? Emptyby David Today at 1:53 pm

» escaped birds return
Can you Turn North rd birds South and Vice Versa?? Emptyby David Today at 1:51 pm

» good luck weekend
Can you Turn North rd birds South and Vice Versa?? Emptyby Knackered Today at 9:16 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
Can you Turn North rd birds South and Vice Versa?? Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:49 pm

» Scandalous .......
Can you Turn North rd birds South and Vice Versa?? Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
Can you Turn North rd birds South and Vice Versa?? Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
Can you Turn North rd birds South and Vice Versa?? Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Can you Turn North rd birds South and Vice Versa?? 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 101 users online :: 3 Registered, 0 Hidden and 98 Guests :: 1 Bot

barnie, David, George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Can you Turn North rd birds South and Vice Versa?? Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
Can you Turn North rd birds South and Vice Versa?? Vote_lcapCan you Turn North rd birds South and Vice Versa?? Voting_barCan you Turn North rd birds South and Vice Versa?? Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Can you Turn North rd birds South and Vice Versa?? Vote_lcapCan you Turn North rd birds South and Vice Versa?? Voting_barCan you Turn North rd birds South and Vice Versa?? Vote_rcap 
Knackered
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222674 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Can you Turn North rd birds South and Vice Versa?? Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Can you Turn North rd birds South and Vice Versa?? Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Can you Turn North rd birds South and Vice Versa??

Go down 
+7
Rudderfett
kev d
George & Morgan
edgie
oldstrain
birdy2011
EssexSteve
11 posters
AuthorMessage
EssexSteve
Youngbird
Youngbird
EssexSteve

Can you Turn North rd birds South and Vice Versa?? Empty
PostSubject: Can you Turn North rd birds South and Vice Versa??   Can you Turn North rd birds South and Vice Versa?? EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 12:51 pm

Just out of interest

Can you Turn North Road birds South and Vice Versa??
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: Can you Turn North rd birds South and Vice Versa??   Can you Turn North rd birds South and Vice Versa?? EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 1:01 pm

its been done many times look at frank bairstows birds
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Can you Turn North rd birds South and Vice Versa??   Can you Turn North rd birds South and Vice Versa?? EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 1:03 pm

I know a local guy who flys both routes and sends birds both routes in the same season
Back to top Go down
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

PostSubject: Re: Can you Turn North rd birds South and Vice Versa??   Can you Turn North rd birds South and Vice Versa?? EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 2:21 pm

a pigeon knows its way home don!t matter where you send it, at the end of the day it is a homing pigeon.
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: Can you Turn North rd birds South and Vice Versa??   Can you Turn North rd birds South and Vice Versa?? EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 3:17 pm

the late ken hine was able to do it
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: Can you Turn North rd birds South and Vice Versa??   Can you Turn North rd birds South and Vice Versa?? EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 7:27 pm

a few years ago our club raced n,road because of the foot and mouth we had, all my south road birds what had raced the channel all went down and started drifting back about 2,3 weeks later nearly every one was in the same boat with bad returns once we revirted back to the south road half way through the season the birds were back on track .
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: Can you Turn North rd birds South and Vice Versa??   Can you Turn North rd birds South and Vice Versa?? EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 7:46 pm

I remember racing in the 1980s, think it was about 88, and we were flying same as now south east.
But in 88 we switched and went north, this pleased all the old timers as our club previously had always been north up til about 1980 when we went south east.

However at the time I had a good team of birds all been raced a lot and a few winners among them, some had flown the channel.
We went north and within 3/4 races I was wiped out and that was when racing was pretty good and we never seen any perigrines.

We raced for about 2 seasons and then switched back south east and been there ever since so I would say it is difficult but not impossible.
Back to top Go down
sj lofts
Hatchling
Hatchling
sj lofts

PostSubject: Re: Can you Turn North rd birds South and Vice Versa??   Can you Turn North rd birds South and Vice Versa?? EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 9:02 pm

gd pigeons will fly either route if conditioned jmo
Back to top Go down
http://www.stafvanreet.com/AboutUs.html
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Can you Turn North rd birds South and Vice Versa??   Can you Turn North rd birds South and Vice Versa?? EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 9:17 pm

sj lofts wrote:
gd pigeons will fly either route if conditioned jmo

Simple !!!!!  Smile Smile but true etc. Sometimes we try to hard to over analize our pigeons unfortunately, from my experience. A mile is a mile  Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes no matter whether it's north south east or west.  cheers
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Can you Turn North rd birds South and Vice Versa??   Can you Turn North rd birds South and Vice Versa?? EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 11:25 pm

An old member who lived near me raced north road but always trained his pigeons south road all week

And he was never fair away
Back to top Go down
killer
Hatchling
Hatchling
killer

PostSubject: Re: Can you Turn North rd birds South and Vice Versa??   Can you Turn North rd birds South and Vice Versa?? EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 11:02 am

I can only let you know what goes on here ;we race 3 years North & 3 years South ;every year regardless we Race Launceston Back from the South ;we turn them from north at 300 miles direct South 525 Miles mostly babies with 300 miles of open Ocean called the Roaring 40s ;we only have 12 hrs day light ;most of the time we get Day birds ;hope this helps ; if they are Fit ; Healthy & cut from the right cloth why not ?cheers
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: Can you Turn North rd birds South and Vice Versa??   Can you Turn North rd birds South and Vice Versa?? EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 5:40 pm

all i will say is if you think its that easy then give it a try its not easy and you will lose birds , with this country being as it is and different clubs racing all points of the compas you can never have the sky to your self ive had pigeons score in the NFC over the channel raced north the season after and go down at 70 miles and take a couple of weeks to get back , not just mine but other members as well if you think your birds are good enough then give it a go and let me know how you get on .
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Can you Turn North rd birds South and Vice Versa??   Can you Turn North rd birds South and Vice Versa?? EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 6:16 pm

kev d wrote:
all i will say is if you think its that easy then give it a try its not easy and you will lose birds , with this country being as it is and different clubs racing all points of the compas you can never have  the sky to your self ive had pigeons score in the NFC over the channel raced north the season after and go down at 70 miles and take a couple of weeks to get back , not just mine but other members as well if you think your birds are good enough then give it a go and let me know how you get on .

Kev !!!!!  Smile  Smile I suspect that no one would think it would be easy etc. But the challenge/enjoyment that one may find doing it could be good/exciting from where I sit. Life in general is full of challenge's etc & it does no harm ????? to think outside of the square, even if it is with our birds.  cheers 
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Can you Turn North rd birds South and Vice Versa??   Can you Turn North rd birds South and Vice Versa?? EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 11:15 pm

i see your point kev their is a lot of clashing especialy for the birds flying north we always get a couple of smash races usualy when we race north from the midlands race points and Leicester is well known in our organisation for being the worst culprit but i have a friend who races north and south with his birds and does quite well ...most birds these days race south we all know the norths days are numbered but one thing stuck in my mind when i met matt rakes (national winner)he said you can turn north birds south with ease but vice versa can be a sticky affair ...i don't speak from experience as i have only ever raced north atb
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can you Turn North rd birds South and Vice Versa??   Can you Turn North rd birds South and Vice Versa?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Can you Turn North rd birds South and Vice Versa??
Page 1 of 1