Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
grit for young birds Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 11:44 am

» Good Morning
grit for young birds Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 11:42 am

» King removes Patronage
grit for young birds Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 7:21 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
grit for young birds Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
grit for young birds Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» escaped birds return
grit for young birds Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 10:42 am

» Scandalous .......
grit for young birds Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
grit for young birds Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
grit for young birds Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) grit for young birds 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 82 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 82 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.grit for young birds Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
grit for young birds Vote_lcapgrit for young birds Voting_bargrit for young birds Vote_rcap 
David
grit for young birds Vote_lcapgrit for young birds Voting_bargrit for young birds Vote_rcap 
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222740 messages in 14003 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
grit for young birds Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
grit for young birds Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

grit for young birds

Go down 
+6
IANYOUNG
Rudderfett
kev d
mufc rick
oldstrain
terryp
10 posters
AuthorMessage
terryp
Hatchling
Hatchling

grit for young birds Empty
PostSubject: grit for young birds   grit for young birds EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 5:59 pm

hi does any one give grit or any mnierals to there young birds and if so what age . cheers terryp...
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: grit for young birds   grit for young birds EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 7:14 pm

yes right from the word go tel...everyday... they go mad for it ...they go for the mixed grit before any food so that tells me something m8 and the birds know best ...atb
Back to top Go down
mufc rick
Youngbird
Youngbird
mufc rick

PostSubject: Re: grit for young birds   grit for young birds EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 7:44 pm

same here grit 24/7 old and young birds  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: grit for young birds   grit for young birds EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 8:21 pm

ive done both give them it 24/7 and not botherd at all and to tell you the truth i can,t see no differance in it , and i know alot of flyers who don,t bother either and they win as well but each to there own .
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: grit for young birds   grit for young birds EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 8:36 pm

All my sections old and young have a pickpot in them, changed roughly ever week depends how quick they go. and a small pinch of matrix every morning for old birds not youngsters.
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: grit for young birds   grit for young birds EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 9:29 pm

i use matrix think this a great mix birds seem to love it everything they need
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: grit for young birds   grit for young birds EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 9:55 pm

i agree ian birds love matrix but to be honest its just grits with annasead mixed in and not cheap how ever if you buy a few types of equal amounts and mix with the matrix we find they eat it just the same our y/b have this mix 24/7 in pots in there sections now a few weeks ago my mate put some on the path by the loft and they ate more then than they do in the loft so each day now we sprinkle a bit on the drop board funny they eat it but dont want the same stuff when in the loft or very little of it then again young birds are nosey little sods
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: grit for young birds   grit for young birds EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 10:54 pm

birdy2011 wrote:
i agree ian  birds love matrix but to be honest its just grits with annasead mixed in and not cheap how ever if you buy a few types of equal amounts and mix with the matrix we find they eat  it just the same our y/b have this mix 24/7 in pots in there sections now a few weeks ago my mate put some on the path by the loft and they ate more then than they do in the loft so each day now we sprinkle a bit on the drop board funny they eat it but dont want the same stuff when in the loft or very little of it then again young birds are nosey little   sods

I agree with G but I would put grit in the food troff when feeding the birds that way they are getting it either way but I find this the best way for me
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: grit for young birds   grit for young birds EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 11:08 pm

we do add a handfull to the feed as well they do pic at it don
we now giving our y/b more fresh veg to pic at they loving it
pots of cress and raddish tops chopped um and created carrots they all hold water comes in handy on a hot days racing these old buggers know more than we will ever know maybe its time to revert back to them days
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: grit for young birds   grit for young birds EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 12:38 am

birdy2011 wrote:
i agree ian  birds love matrix but to be honest its just grits with annasead mixed in and not cheap how ever if you buy a few types of equal amounts and mix with the matrix we find they eat  it just the same our y/b have this mix 24/7 in pots in there sections now a few weeks ago my mate put some on the path by the loft and they ate more then than they do in the loft so each day now we sprinkle a bit on the drop board funny they eat it but dont want the same stuff when in the loft or very little of it then again young birds are nosey little   sods

Strange things pigeons etc, as you well know G  Smile Smile The grit thing reminds me of what my birds did the other day here Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes. Gave them all a free choice of feed & as much as they desired type of thing & then most of them went & picked through the deep litter to their hearts content Wink Wink Maybe not for the purists lol! lol! lol! but they certainly were enjoying themselves "Big time" & I'm a 24/7 grit man also cheers
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: grit for young birds   grit for young birds EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 7:15 pm

birdy2011 wrote:
its a biy more than that g and yes it is exspensive but isnt all pigeon stuff lol
A complete combination of minerals, vitamins, amino acids, trace elements, grits (hard and soft including redstone) clay blocks, mineral blocks, pink mineral powder, brewers yeast and finest conditioning seeds.
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: grit for young birds   grit for young birds EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 8:28 pm

Mine get Pullet grit. Cheap. Rabbit mineral block. They lick it. Just grit now as the birds are fielding daily. When I had prisoners I gave them the same plus a turf with soil. Cheap enough.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: grit for young birds   grit for young birds Empty

Back to top Go down

grit for young birds
Page 1 of 1