Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
HOW MANY prize winners - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:35 am

» Scandalous .......
HOW MANY prize winners - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
HOW MANY prize winners - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
HOW MANY prize winners - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
HOW MANY prize winners - Page 2 Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:25 pm

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
HOW MANY prize winners - Page 2 Emptyby David Yesterday at 12:38 pm

» Good Morning
HOW MANY prize winners - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 11:19 am

» Morgan's new job
HOW MANY prize winners - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:43 pm

» Another find
HOW MANY prize winners - Page 2 Emptyby David Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:14 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) HOW MANY prize winners - Page 2 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 87 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 87 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.HOW MANY prize winners - Page 2 Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
HOW MANY prize winners - Page 2 Vote_lcapHOW MANY prize winners - Page 2 Voting_barHOW MANY prize winners - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
HOW MANY prize winners - Page 2 Vote_lcapHOW MANY prize winners - Page 2 Voting_barHOW MANY prize winners - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222577 messages in 14000 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
HOW MANY prize winners - Page 2 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
HOW MANY prize winners - Page 2 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

HOW MANY prize winners

Go down 
+7
kev d
lvlasked
peel bros
oldstrain
IANYOUNG
edgie
birdy2011
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

HOW MANY prize winners - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HOW MANY prize winners   HOW MANY prize winners - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 5:58 pm

Very Happy Thanks david, not 1 of mine wish it was..lol
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: HOW MANY prize winners   HOW MANY prize winners - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 7:04 pm

My clubs the smallest in our town but its the hardest to win....
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: HOW MANY prize winners   HOW MANY prize winners - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 7:09 pm

no offence meant ray their are exceptions m8 I appreciate that atb
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: HOW MANY prize winners   HOW MANY prize winners - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 7:13 pm

But i myself still have a few winners in my loft.so before i get put down i mean birds that have done well in fed sections and combine apart from the club results
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: HOW MANY prize winners   HOW MANY prize winners - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 7:16 pm

Sorry the answer to the question is i have about 10 winners in my loft at present
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: HOW MANY prize winners   HOW MANY prize winners - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 7:56 pm

I think the answer to this question, doesn't reflect the quality in the loft if answered correctly.
I will explain...When I first started back anything which did well went into the stock loft because I had un tested stock, the better racers I bred with the more chance I had of breeding better birds. As time goes by you often stock a brilliant racer, that way you end up with more prize winners in the loft because they are not raced and ultimately lost.

A good flyer in our area and a good friend who wins more feds, sections and firsts than anyone I know has less winners in the loft than I do.
And If asked this question he would fair far worst than anyone, why? BECAUSE he races everything week in week out wins lots and looses lots?

I care less for cards and more for good pigeons that's why I stock the best pigeons and concentrate on breeding. He wants to be at the top every week what ever the cost so breeds lots races lots and looses lots.
So although this question gives a clue to who has good pigeons it isn't the whole story and can be misleading.
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: HOW MANY prize winners   HOW MANY prize winners - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 8:03 pm

the question was how many do you have in your loft not them thats been lost we can all add the winners we have lost me included
Back to top Go down
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

PostSubject: Re: HOW MANY prize winners   HOW MANY prize winners - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 8:20 pm

hi g unfortunatly there is more pigeon keepers than pigeon racers, but not many will admit it.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: HOW MANY prize winners   HOW MANY prize winners - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 7:37 am

edgie wrote:
hi g unfortunatly there is more pigeon keepers than pigeon racers, but not many will admit it.

Very true in what you say Steve etc in regards to many of us being pigeon keepers. Especially  lol!  lol!  lol! when you get old Wink Wink like me. Sad as it is Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes many of the pigeon racer types, forget unfortunately that its the pigeon keeper brigade that is the backbone of our sport, at least in my view & as they chase the glory/money at any cost, us battlers unfortunately are left to drown Wink Wink & as such the sport is dying "Big time" in most areas. cheers
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: HOW MANY prize winners   HOW MANY prize winners - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 1:02 pm

Knackered wrote:
edgie wrote:

Very true in what you say Steve etc in regards to many of us being pigeon keepers. Especially  lol!  lol!  lol! when you get old Wink Wink like me. Sad as it is Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes many of the pigeon racer types, forget unfortunately that its the pigeon keeper brigade that is the backbone of our sport, at least in my view & as they chase the glory/money at any cost, us battlers unfortunately are left to drown Wink Wink & as such the sport is dying "Big time" in most areas. cheers
well said totally agree with you 100%
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: HOW MANY prize winners   HOW MANY prize winners - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 7:52 pm

lol mint..again our clubs the cheapest in the town.yet we have the least members. the least prize money and i wonder why,because like you say most chase the money .if i was in this sport for money i would have packed in years ago.haha
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: HOW MANY prize winners   HOW MANY prize winners - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 7:45 am

I also agree there are more pigeon keepers and thank god for them too, as without them the sport would be dead.
I know what the question was and I was just pointing out that the question can be misleading because you loose pigeons, so you can have great season with lots of winners but if your a man who races all races and all birds you might just end up with no winners in the loft.
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: HOW MANY prize winners   HOW MANY prize winners - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 9:20 pm

sorry rudd i miss read your post and yes many winners get lost from across the water many multiple winners and we have a few members who send all thats in the loft and they do loose birds weather they were fit enough i dont know thats there choice and maybe no fault of the birds
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: HOW MANY prize winners   HOW MANY prize winners - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 6:30 am

Rudderfett wrote:
I also agree there are more pigeon keepers and thank god for them too, as without them the sport would be dead.
I know what the question was and I was just pointing out that the question can be misleading because you loose pigeons, so you can have  great season with lots of winners but if your a man who races all races and all birds you might just end up with no winners in the loft.

Pigeon keepers or pigeon racers, we all have a place in this sport I suspect. Strange thing thou Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Smile Smile on a yearly basis etc we all line up together side by side Wink Wink to get our yearly issue of rings even thou some like to gild the lily in relation to their losses. Now !!!. Winners will always be the minority of birds bred "mathermatical equation" when one thinks about it, so if & when we get one they are rather unique in the over all big picture. cheers
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: HOW MANY prize winners   HOW MANY prize winners - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 7:45 am

None taken......lol
Yes your right maths do come into it, considering 10 old bird races that 10 winners not that many really.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: HOW MANY prize winners   HOW MANY prize winners - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 10:43 am

Knackered wrote:
Rudderfett wrote:
I know what the question was and I was just pointing out that the question can be misleading because you loose pigeons, so you can have  great season with lots of winners but if your a man who races all races and all birds you might just end up with no winners in the loft.

Pigeon keepers or pigeon racers, we all have a place in this sport I suspect. Strange thing thou Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Smile Smile on a yearly basis etc we all line up together side by side Wink Wink to get our yearly issue of rings even thou some like to gild the lily in relation to their losses. Now !!!. Winners will always be the minority of birds bred "mathermatical equation" when one thinks about it, so if & when we get one they are rather unique in the over all big picture. cheers

fair comment that oz...."liking the phrase gild the lilly" lol! that's a cracker Laughing
Back to top Go down
D J LOFTS
Chipping
Chipping
D J LOFTS

PostSubject: Re: HOW MANY prize winners   HOW MANY prize winners - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 24, 2014 1:59 am

we have 15 winners some with 2'3'4 wins in race loft out of 64 but 48 have been in 1st 6 in club and 17 in stock loft and when they get putin stock loft they got 2 year to bred somethink good
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HOW MANY prize winners   HOW MANY prize winners - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

HOW MANY prize winners
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next