Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» King removes Patronage
Talking to a Neighbour Emptyby David Yesterday at 8:46 pm

» Weather today
Talking to a Neighbour Emptyby David Yesterday at 4:16 pm

» Good Morning
Talking to a Neighbour Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:34 am

» escaped birds return
Talking to a Neighbour Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:25 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Talking to a Neighbour Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Talking to a Neighbour Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» Scandalous .......
Talking to a Neighbour Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
Talking to a Neighbour Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
Talking to a Neighbour Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Talking to a Neighbour 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 80 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 80 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Talking to a Neighbour Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
Talking to a Neighbour Vote_lcapTalking to a Neighbour Voting_barTalking to a Neighbour Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Talking to a Neighbour Vote_lcapTalking to a Neighbour Voting_barTalking to a Neighbour Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222761 messages in 14003 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Talking to a Neighbour Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Talking to a Neighbour Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Talking to a Neighbour

Go down 
+5
Don Webb
markevans
David
oldstrain
EssexSteve
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
EssexSteve
Youngbird
Youngbird
EssexSteve

Talking to a Neighbour Empty
PostSubject: Talking to a Neighbour   Talking to a Neighbour EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 6:51 pm

I bumped into a neighbour today a nice old boy who is renouned in the area as a gardener.
He said to me that he had heard me cursing at a cat the other day, I told him it's hard to keep them away, I was stunned when he said he doesn't get them in his garden anymore, said he did years ago but found that since he sprayed Cider Vineger around the garden fence they don't come in.
He told me a old gardener told him that cats and foxes hate the smell so he said he bought 5 litres and a paint brush and brushed it around the top and bottom of his garden fence and that ever since once a week he uses a water pistol to spray the fence, he says since then he has no cats or foxes come into his garden as the problem for him was cat and fox shit in his soil and the lawn dug up.
He also said 1 of his sons keeps canaries and has a aviary and he does the same and has no problems.
It might not be true but I think I will give it a try.
Nothing to lose.
I thought I would share it incase it can help anybody else.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Talking to a Neighbour   Talking to a Neighbour EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 6:57 pm

interesting steve give it a go and find out ...our dog seems to do the job here though ...I know a farmer who pees in a bucket then leaves it near his chicken shed as mr.fox does not like the odour lol! no I am not joking
Back to top Go down
EssexSteve
Youngbird
Youngbird
EssexSteve

PostSubject: Re: Talking to a Neighbour   Talking to a Neighbour EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 7:00 pm

I've heard that too Daz but I have a feeling my missus might just raise a objection to that lol
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Talking to a Neighbour   Talking to a Neighbour EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 7:02 pm

interesting info steve........would be good to hear if any of our members gives it a try. study

ive heard human p1ss attracts rats Darren.......... Razz lol!
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Talking to a Neighbour   Talking to a Neighbour EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 7:05 pm

lol! .........I will say his house is a few hundred yards from his chicken coup Razz
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

PostSubject: Re: Talking to a Neighbour   Talking to a Neighbour EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 8:45 pm

intresting topic i have trouble with the cat next door i will try the cider viniger on the fence or dround it in it
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Talking to a Neighbour   Talking to a Neighbour EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 11:07 pm

Interesting will have to keep that in mind
Back to top Go down
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

PostSubject: Re: Talking to a Neighbour   Talking to a Neighbour EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 1:34 pm

that's all sprayed over the dikes and around loft.
would ordinary vinegar do the same.
Back to top Go down
EssexSteve
Youngbird
Youngbird
EssexSteve

PostSubject: Re: Talking to a Neighbour   Talking to a Neighbour EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 6:30 pm

I don't know mate he said cider vineger, I got a load from Morrison under £2 a bottle, got to be worth a try
Back to top Go down
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

PostSubject: Re: Talking to a Neighbour   Talking to a Neighbour EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 6:46 pm

just wonder if just white vinegar would work just as well.
I did spray with appal cider vinegar that I use for the birds.
but at £18 for 5lt . but I will see what happens if it keeps this pest away.
I no some day he is going to get one of the birds. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
EssexSteve
Youngbird
Youngbird
EssexSteve

PostSubject: Re: Talking to a Neighbour   Talking to a Neighbour EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 7:00 pm

Try it and let me know
Back to top Go down
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

PostSubject: Re: Talking to a Neighbour   Talking to a Neighbour EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 7:02 pm

cheers
Back to top Go down
EssexSteve
Youngbird
Youngbird
EssexSteve

PostSubject: Re: Talking to a Neighbour   Talking to a Neighbour EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 7:03 pm

Will be a damn site cheaper
Back to top Go down
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

PostSubject: Re: Talking to a Neighbour   Talking to a Neighbour EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 7:07 pm

WHITE VINEGAR - 2X5L
( 261185426102 )

tradewindsorientalshop35341Feedback percentage of99.6%

Over 340 sold

Delete item

Add note

04-Apr,12:58 BST

£6.95
Buy it now

+ £4.95

postage & packaging
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: Talking to a Neighbour   Talking to a Neighbour EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 8:42 pm

David wrote:
interesting info steve........would be good to hear if any of our members gives it a try. study

are you saying ricks pissing in his celler david lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Talking to a Neighbour   Talking to a Neighbour EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 8:54 pm

he's pishing everywhere by the sounds of it Razz lol!
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Talking to a Neighbour   Talking to a Neighbour EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 8:55 pm

birdy2011 wrote:
David wrote:

are you saying ricks pissing in his celler david lol! lol!

he lives in Manchester graham, what do you expect............. Razz Razz Razz lol!
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: Talking to a Neighbour   Talking to a Neighbour EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 9:56 pm

oldstrain wrote:
interesting steve give it a go and find out ...our dog seems to do the job here though ...I know a farmer who pees in a bucket then leaves it near his chicken shed as mr.fox does not like the odour lol! no I am not joking

so when he takes the pee to the chicken shed is this where the term taking the p i s s came form lol!
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Talking to a Neighbour   Talking to a Neighbour EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 11:14 pm

birdy2011 wrote:
oldstrain wrote:

so when he takes the pee to the chicken shed is this where the term taking the  p i s s came form lol!

maybe ...just maybe lol!
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Talking to a Neighbour   Talking to a Neighbour EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 11:21 pm

oldstrain wrote:
birdy2011 wrote:
oldstrain wrote:

so when he takes the pee to the chicken shed is this where the term taking the  p i s s came form lol!

maybe ...just maybe lol!

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Talking to a Neighbour   Talking to a Neighbour EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 9:30 am

EssexSteve wrote:
I've heard that too Daz but I have a feeling my missus might just raise a objection to that lol

Your missus must be related to mine Steve Wink Wink etc. Tho she tells me I grow a mean lemon bounce bounce here with my excess liquids.
Now Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes one for the hardy folk here ??? lol! lol! lol! . We had a famous sportsman here till recently (Now dead) sadly. By the name of Jimmy Styns, an Irishman by berth who came out here to play real football. Aussie style & in his wisdom used to drink it for his medical problems. As such lol! lol! lol! anyone not  feeling quite right, it may just be worth a try. cheers
Back to top Go down
EssexSteve
Youngbird
Youngbird
EssexSteve

PostSubject: Re: Talking to a Neighbour   Talking to a Neighbour EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 9:33 am

I had to do it once on army survival course never again lol
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Talking to a Neighbour   Talking to a Neighbour EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 10:06 am

EssexSteve wrote:

lol!lol!lol! One of those moments in time Steve Smile Smile "Drinking p*ss" I suspect, that will go with you to your grave etc. cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Talking to a Neighbour   Talking to a Neighbour EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 10:49 am

Knackered wrote:
EssexSteve wrote:

lol!lol!lol! One of those moments in time Steve Smile Smile "Drinking p*ss" I suspect, that will go with you to your grave etc. cheers

graham drinks it all the time by the pint but he calls it mild not p1$$ for some reason lol!
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Talking to a Neighbour   Talking to a Neighbour EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 11:19 am

oldstrain wrote:
Knackered wrote:
EssexSteve wrote:

graham drinks it all the time by the pint but he calls it mild not p1$$ for some reason lol!

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Talking to a Neighbour   Talking to a Neighbour Empty

Back to top Go down

Talking to a Neighbour
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next