Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» RPRA Race Program
Young cock with canker Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
Young cock with canker Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:41 pm

» Weather today
Young cock with canker Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:25 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Young cock with canker Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:25 pm

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
Young cock with canker Emptyby David Yesterday at 12:38 pm

» Good Morning
Young cock with canker Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 11:19 am

» Scandalous .......
Young cock with canker Emptyby David Yesterday at 9:41 am

» Morgan's new job
Young cock with canker Emptyby Knackered Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:43 pm

» Another find
Young cock with canker Emptyby David Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:14 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Young cock with canker 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 86 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 84 Guests :: 2 Bots

David, Knackered

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Young cock with canker Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
Young cock with canker Vote_lcapYoung cock with canker Voting_barYoung cock with canker Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Young cock with canker Vote_lcapYoung cock with canker Voting_barYoung cock with canker Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222575 messages in 14000 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Young cock with canker Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Young cock with canker Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Young cock with canker

Go down 
+7
stu H
oldstrain
goran
David
markevans
George & Morgan
Boosey
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

Young cock with canker Empty
PostSubject: Young cock with canker   Young cock with canker EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 9:42 pm

I've got all my pigeons feeding youngens at the moment but their all yearlings and a few cocks have been fighting, I've noticed a young  yearling cocks mouth was a bit swollen At the base of he's beak, when I opened he's mouth he's got s bit of canker there.
Is there anything I can treat him with that wont harm the youngens they are about 16 days old at the moment.
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: Young cock with canker   Young cock with canker EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 10:05 pm

I was reading someway that the chap used something and canker fell off will try and find it have you tried neat cider vinegar on it as i'm sure that's what he used
Back to top Go down
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

PostSubject: Re: Young cock with canker   Young cock with canker EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 10:08 pm

Thanks rainbow
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: Young cock with canker   Young cock with canker EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 10:12 pm

can't find the post on another site so best you seek other advice
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

PostSubject: Re: Young cock with canker   Young cock with canker EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 10:15 pm

treat them all for canker thats what i would do gambakokzid by rohnfried
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: Young cock with canker   Young cock with canker EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 10:15 pm

go on search here canker there is a post on it
Back to top Go down
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

PostSubject: Re: Young cock with canker   Young cock with canker EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 10:20 pm

I'd it ok to treat them while their all feeding youngens
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

PostSubject: Re: Young cock with canker   Young cock with canker EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 10:25 pm

emtryle is good as well but its a bit strong for ybs
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Young cock with canker   Young cock with canker EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 10:57 pm

personally I wouldn't treat with anything whilst feeding ybs, but that's just my opinion.....
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

PostSubject: Re: Young cock with canker   Young cock with canker EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 11:14 pm

years ago some old fanciers used to rub a match on the area after it had been removed
Back to top Go down
goran
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)

PostSubject: Re: Young cock with canker   Young cock with canker EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 5:47 am

rainbow wrote:
I was reading someway that the chap used  something  and canker fell off will try and find it have you tried neat cider vinegar on it as i'm sure that's what he used

Rainbow i use apple cider vinegar 5ml a litre have not had canker never worm the birds out no cocci i use it 4 times a week works for me cheers
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: Young cock with canker   Young cock with canker EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 7:22 am

that's it mark there was a post some were and after a few hours the canker disapeared george
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: Young cock with canker   Young cock with canker EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 7:27 am

just found old post on pigeonchat rub head of matchstick on canker
Back to top Go down
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

PostSubject: Re: Young cock with canker   Young cock with canker EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 7:31 am

Thanks everyone
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Young cock with canker   Young cock with canker EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 11:28 am

markevans wrote:
treat them all for canker thats what i would do gambakokzid by rohnfried

I would treat the bird with this product but in tablet form their called gamba tabs same stuff....treat the bird as soon as its dark and the product will have passed through the crop by the time it feeds again ,not ideal to treat while ybs in the nest but what else can you do and wont do any real harm its just nice to let the ybs build up their own immunity..this is just my opinion mind you before people start shouting and bawling  lol! if the ybs are 16 days then crop milk will have ceased production
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: Young cock with canker   Young cock with canker EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 12:30 pm

while looking for post on canker one said old fanciers would spit on a pigeons eye if it had one eye cold anyone heard of this maybe we are not old enough
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Young cock with canker   Young cock with canker EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 12:45 pm

yes ive heard of it George, also heard they pee in its eye too..........its amazing the things some people will do rather than pay £2 for some one eye cold tablets eh. pirat
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Young cock with canker   Young cock with canker EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 1:05 pm

David wrote:
yes ive heard of it George, also heard they pee in its eye too..........its amazing the things some people will do rather than pay £2 for some one eye cold tablets eh. pirat

lol! lol! lol! some cheap skates out their Razz
Back to top Go down
stu H
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: Young cock with canker   Young cock with canker EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 1:56 pm

are you shore  its  canker and not pigeon milk with them feeding it some times looks like canker
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Young cock with canker   Young cock with canker EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 2:12 pm

stu H wrote:
are you shore  its  canker and not pigeon milk with them feeding it some times looks like canker

good point stuart....
Back to top Go down
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

PostSubject: Re: Young cock with canker   Young cock with canker EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 2:18 pm

Yeah Stu, the youngens 16 days old and only getting grain now.
And I can see it's slightly swollen.
Back to top Go down
stu H
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: Young cock with canker   Young cock with canker EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 4:33 pm

just wondered if you had canker them at  all this year
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

PostSubject: Re: Young cock with canker   Young cock with canker EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 11:13 pm

you only have 3 options
1 treat everthing
2 treat the one bird
3 do nothing untill yb has been parted
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Young cock with canker   Young cock with canker EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 12:29 am

Mark I would say number 3 or maybe treat but only a weak dosage as your feeding the youngster JMO
Back to top Go down
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

PostSubject: Re: Young cock with canker   Young cock with canker EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 7:30 pm

I'm going to treat him after the youngens are away, although I am wetting s cotton bud and dabbing it on morning and night, I will let you know how how it goes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Young cock with canker   Young cock with canker Empty

Back to top Go down

Young cock with canker
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next