Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
What's in the water Emptyby oldstrain Today at 2:00 pm

» Good Morning
What's in the water Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:17 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
What's in the water Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:49 pm

» good luck weekend
What's in the water Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:30 pm

» escaped birds return
What's in the water Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:24 pm

» Scandalous .......
What's in the water Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
What's in the water Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
What's in the water Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
What's in the water Emptyby David Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:25 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) What's in the water 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 133 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 132 Guests :: 1 Bot

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.What's in the water Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
What's in the water Vote_lcapWhat's in the water Voting_barWhat's in the water Vote_rcap 
David
What's in the water Vote_lcapWhat's in the water Voting_barWhat's in the water Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222607 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
What's in the water Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
What's in the water Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

What's in the water

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

What's in the water Empty
PostSubject: What's in the water   What's in the water EmptySun May 17, 2015 7:46 am

What do members put in the water on the build up to the race and on the birds return.
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: What's in the water   What's in the water EmptySun May 17, 2015 7:59 am

I have tried tons of things over the years and I can honestly say that I have never seen any difference no matter what is in the water, don't get hung up on pills and potions as they don't help real good pigeons, however if you need to put something in the water for peace of mind then HONEY is the best thing ever as we know its sugar so it will help recovery, and honey contains natural antibiotics and other goodies which will help stop any bugs they have picked up in the basket.

I would suggest that you put it quite strong and not skimp on it a good 2 table spoons full to a 5 litre drinker, a word of caution when using honey though, a good friend of mine who is a very educated doctor and bee keeper told me if you buy any honey from any super market then it will have no good benefits at all and is basically just sugar, this is because all honey sold to the public through super markets will be super heated pasteurised in other words and everything good has been destroyed, so buy honey from a local supplier with a garden apery.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: What's in the water   What's in the water EmptySun May 17, 2015 10:41 am

Boosey wrote:
What do members put in the water on the build up to the race and on the birds return.

I would suggest you have asked the wrong question here Boosey Smile Smile as it appears ??? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes  we're all clean water freaks Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: What's in the water   What's in the water EmptySun May 17, 2015 10:46 am

I disagree and find ropa-b which is a oregano based product extremely good I also use a iodine based product and both keep on top of canker and cocci ,worms and bacterial infections ...they wont make your birds go faster but they certainly help keep the birds healthy ...especially when they are mixing in the baskets I don't use vinegar or garlic anymore I found the birds don't drink as much but take to the oregano very well I have also found other herbs made into a tea very good as a antioxidant after racing atb
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: What's in the water   What's in the water EmptySun May 17, 2015 11:13 am

oldstrain wrote:
I disagree and find ropa-b which is a oregano based product extremely good I also use a iodine based product and both keep on top of canker and cocci ,worms and bacterial infections ...they wont make your birds go faster but they certainly help keep the birds healthy ...especially when they are mixing in the baskets I don't use vinegar or garlic anymore I found the birds don't drink as much but take to the oregano very well I have also found other herbs made into a tea very good as a antioxidant after racing atb

That's OK Smile Smile I disagree Wink Wink Race day I've never been all that big  bounce  bounce on goodies in the water etc as I much prefer Sunday here, when most of my birds will be away training with other birds in the toss units. All that being said, I do tend to alternate between Bi Carb soda & Betadine Iodine, which are both cheap cheap Smile Smile items. cheers
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: What's in the water   What's in the water EmptySun May 17, 2015 5:56 pm

Boosey would agree with Martyn yes Honey is perfect but for me

The best honey to use is the Manuka Honey from New Zealand

But I always mixed 2 teaspoons of Honey with a little splash of Lemon juice plus never placed boiling water on the honey to help it desolve as boiling water will destroy the good bacteria

For me get some very Luke warm water to help desolve the honey and lemon
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: What's in the water   What's in the water EmptySun May 17, 2015 8:00 pm

Yes Don you are quite right , something I forgot to mention I never dissolve the honey in hot water its like I said heat kills the good stuff. It will dissolve in cold or luke water over night easy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's in the water   What's in the water Empty

Back to top Go down

What's in the water
Page 1 of 1