Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
Disaster race Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:17 am

» Weather today
Disaster race Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:16 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
Disaster race Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:49 pm

» good luck weekend
Disaster race Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:30 pm

» escaped birds return
Disaster race Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:24 pm

» Scandalous .......
Disaster race Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
Disaster race Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
Disaster race Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Disaster race Emptyby David Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:25 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Disaster race 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 79 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 77 Guests :: 2 Bots

barnie, George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Disaster race Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Disaster race Vote_lcapDisaster race Voting_barDisaster race Vote_rcap 
David
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222604 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Disaster race Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Disaster race Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Disaster race

Go down 
+7
Knackered
Boosey
stormqueen
markevans
friendsloft
Don Webb
Rudderfett
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

Disaster race Empty
PostSubject: Disaster race   Disaster race EmptySat Jul 11, 2015 6:24 pm

Please keep your eyes out for WHU pigoens, today has been the biggest disaster race I have ever seen in all my years racing, only last week I posted about having 15 out of 16. What a change in fortunes, birds were up at 7.00am in Hullavington fair weather nothing dramatic.

However I have had 4 pigeons out of 17, some 2 out of 15, 6 from 24, and 15 out of 45...massive losses and no idea why, my first bird took 4 1/2 hours from 125 miles.

So please look out for our birds and report them as they must end up somewhere?
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

Disaster race Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disaster race   Disaster race EmptySat Jul 11, 2015 6:30 pm

Sorry to read this sad news Martyn fingers crossed mate the rest get back home
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

Disaster race Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disaster race   Disaster race EmptySat Jul 11, 2015 6:38 pm

Usually Don when they are missing like this they are gone mate, I suppose that's pigeon racing you take the rough with the smooth.
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

Disaster race Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disaster race   Disaster race EmptySat Jul 11, 2015 6:45 pm

I understand were you are coming from mate if you go back 30+ years and this happened they always got back

But that's how things have changed in todays racing mate
Back to top Go down
friendsloft
Youngbird
Youngbird
friendsloft

Disaster race Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disaster race   Disaster race EmptySat Jul 11, 2015 8:18 pm

Hi Martin you had any more back tend to agree with you when birds go missing without any obvious reason it seems the last you see of them as very few tend to make their way back
Ken
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/friendsloft/index.htm
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

Disaster race Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disaster race   Disaster race EmptySat Jul 11, 2015 8:21 pm

sorry to hear about your losses with the young birds we have not had anything from messac 331miles today nothing in club yet
Back to top Go down
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

Disaster race Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disaster race   Disaster race EmptySat Jul 11, 2015 8:36 pm

sorry to here your news martyn.
I hope you get some back.
Back to top Go down
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

Disaster race Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disaster race   Disaster race EmptySat Jul 11, 2015 9:12 pm

Sounds like a bad day all round.
I had a good young bird toss from 40 miles, but I let them go at 17:45 tonight when it was cooler.
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

Disaster race Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disaster race   Disaster race EmptySat Jul 11, 2015 10:16 pm

wise move their boosey
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

Disaster race Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disaster race   Disaster race EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 12:51 am

I'll second that Mark
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Disaster race Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disaster race   Disaster race EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 4:30 am

Rudderfett wrote:
Please keep your eyes out for WHU pigoens, today has been the biggest disaster race I have ever seen in all my years racing, only last week I posted about having 15 out of 16. What a change in fortunes, birds were up at 7.00am in Hullavington fair weather nothing dramatic.

However I have had 4 pigeons out of 17, some 2 out of 15, 6 from 24, and 15 out of 45...massive losses and no idea why, my first bird took 4 1/2 hours from 125 miles.

So please look out for our birds and report them as they must end up somewhere?

Sorry to hear that type of news Rudd Smile Smile. Does your head in Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes trying to work out why sadly I'm affraid that these type of things just keep happening etc. Being who I'm bounce bounce I will say it's nothing that you had control over inside your front gate type of thing, that caused the outcome. cheers
Back to top Go down
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

Disaster race Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disaster race   Disaster race EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 7:37 am

Rudd did you have any waiting on the loft this morning
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

Disaster race Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disaster race   Disaster race EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 8:46 am

Thanks for comments, There is one thing for sure pigeons are a mystery and just when you think things are not too bad and going your way you get a shock.
Im not a fancier to dwell on things and get disheartened Just move on and next week when it hopefully will be better.

Nothing in loft so far today, which is what happens, in this sort of race very few come back although bound to be a couple, lets hope they are mine.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Disaster race Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disaster race   Disaster race EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 9:14 am

gone are the days where they work back in ...alot are feeding lighter mixes these days could this be part of the reason either way martyn I hope a few more work in for you
Back to top Go down
johnnorm2
Hatchling
Hatchling
johnnorm2

Disaster race Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disaster race   Disaster race EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 9:41 am

sorry to hear the bad news martyn. Hope you get a better race next week
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Disaster race Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disaster race   Disaster race EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 11:28 am

johnnorm2 wrote:
sorry to hear the bad news martyn. Hope you get a better race next week

So do I John (BRNW etc) or it may be a cliff senaro Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes or even take up canary's bounce bounce maybe for our Rudd  Smile  Smile here, just to find a bit more pleasure at the weekend type of thing. cheers
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

Disaster race Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disaster race   Disaster race EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 9:50 pm

Just an update birds reported every where from Bristol to the Valleys of Wales which is 100 miles from us although we are welsh, but most birds have gone left at 7 bridge and seem to have ended up in Cornwall area.
so many in fact our transporter van might be arranged for all local fanciers sometime next week to collect them, so lets hope more turn up before it goes, I haven't had any reported yet so heads up, but did get another back today at dinner time Knackered so probably flew from cornwall brave little bird.
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

Disaster race Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disaster race   Disaster race EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 10:07 pm

we have a friend in wales martin raced yesterday he has none from 24 not sure of where he raced as yet hes to gutted to talk his mrs said 0nly 8 from 234 home on day
hope you and all the others get more back it must be heart breaking all that work and looking to future prospects just gone in one hit cant be easy for ya hope they work in
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Disaster race Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disaster race   Disaster race EmptyMon Jul 13, 2015 9:46 am

Rudderfett wrote:
Just an update birds reported every where from Bristol to the Valleys of Wales which is 100 miles from us although we are welsh, but most birds have gone left at 7 bridge and seem to have ended up in Cornwall area.
so many in fact our transporter van might be arranged for all local fanciers sometime next week to collect them, so lets hope more turn up before it goes, I haven't had any reported yet so heads up, but did get another back today at dinner time Knackered so probably flew from cornwall brave little bird.

Glad you got another one back Rudd Smile Smile I have a strange feeling etc Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes tho, I know how it feels Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

Disaster race Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disaster race   Disaster race EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 11:43 pm

Rudderfett wrote:

Glad to see one bird returning Martyn fingers crossed others make it mate
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Disaster race Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disaster race   Disaster race EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 8:06 am

Don Webb wrote:
Rudderfett wrote:

Most of us know Don Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes disaster can lurk close by, once we put our birds in the basket etc for a race or toss as they say, especially for the fool hardy if they get it all wrong. Now !!!, the little fat bloke  Smile Smile is keeping me up to date with one of my club mates here at the moment. I will just call him the Van Duck man lol! lol! lol! & in his wisdom Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes ??? he decided on the coldest wettest day of the year here yesterday, to tune his birds all up with a toss from a place called Warragul, 50 odd miles to him etc into a head wind. 6 hrs after he released them Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad & at  dark he had 16 home from 48 birds & his first took 4 hrs to find it's little perch in the sh*te weather as such. So, what does this all mean ???, not much  Smile  Smile but it may make Rudd feel as if he is not the only one, feeling like jumping of a cliff at times  Wink  Wink when things go all belly up.  cheers
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

Disaster race Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disaster race   Disaster race EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 11:45 am

Knackered wrote:
Don Webb wrote:
Rudderfett wrote:

Most of us know Don Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes disaster can lurk close by, once we put our birds in the basket etc for a race or toss as they say, especially for the fool hardy if they get it all wrong. Now !!!, the little fat bloke  Smile Smile is keeping me up to date with one of my club mates here at the moment. I will just call him the Van Duck man lol! lol! lol! & in his wisdom Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes ??? he decided on the coldest wettest day of the year here yesterday, to tune his birds all up with a toss from a place called Warragul, 50 odd miles to him etc into a head wind. 6 hrs after he released them Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad & at  dark he had 16 home from 48 birds & his first took 4 hrs to find it's little perch in the sh*te weather as such. So, what does this all mean ???, not much  Smile  Smile but it may make Rudd feel as if he is not the only one, feeling like jumping of a cliff at times  Wink  Wink when things go all belly up.  cheers

Kanackered its good to see you talking sense for once mate cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Disaster race Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disaster race   Disaster race EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 8:10 am

Don Webb wrote:
Knackered wrote:
Don Webb wrote:
Rudderfett wrote:

Kanackered its good to see you talking sense for once mate cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

I'm learning Don Smile Smile if I keep improving Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes etc I may just score a silly hat lol! lol! lol! like you wear, to boost my ego here. cheers
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

Disaster race Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disaster race   Disaster race EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 11:06 pm

Knackered wrote:
Don Webb wrote:
Knackered wrote:
Don Webb wrote:
Rudderfett wrote:

I'm learning Don Smile Smile if I keep improving Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes etc I may just score a silly hat lol! lol! lol! like you wear, to boost my ego here. cheers

Kanackered I would not bother it hasn't helped me
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Disaster race Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disaster race   Disaster race EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 1:07 am

Don Webb wrote:
Knackered wrote:
Don Webb wrote:
Knackered wrote:
Don Webb wrote:
Rudderfett wrote:

Kanackered I would not bother it hasn't helped me

Maybe, maybe not Don Smile Smile But at least you didn't have a life time of working in sh*te Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes like myself etc lol! lol! lol! as an old plumber Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Disaster race Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disaster race   Disaster race Empty

Back to top Go down

Disaster race
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next