Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
Edgie's (Old Bird Season) Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:04 pm

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
Edgie's (Old Bird Season) Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:49 pm

» Good Morning
Edgie's (Old Bird Season) Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:34 pm

» good luck weekend
Edgie's (Old Bird Season) Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:30 pm

» escaped birds return
Edgie's (Old Bird Season) Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:24 pm

» Scandalous .......
Edgie's (Old Bird Season) Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
Edgie's (Old Bird Season) Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
Edgie's (Old Bird Season) Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Edgie's (Old Bird Season) Emptyby David Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:25 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Edgie's (Old Bird Season) 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 104 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 103 Guests :: 3 Bots

barnie

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Edgie's (Old Bird Season) Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Edgie's (Old Bird Season) Vote_lcapEdgie's (Old Bird Season) Voting_barEdgie's (Old Bird Season) Vote_rcap 
David
Edgie's (Old Bird Season) Vote_lcapEdgie's (Old Bird Season) Voting_barEdgie's (Old Bird Season) Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222602 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Edgie's (Old Bird Season) Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Edgie's (Old Bird Season) Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Edgie's (Old Bird Season)

Go down 
+3
mufc rick
halcanada
Don Webb
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

Edgie's (Old Bird Season) Empty
PostSubject: Edgie's (Old Bird Season)   Edgie's (Old Bird Season) EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 12:15 am

Hi lads after is was mentioned about distance birds and the name Edgie was also mentioned I thought to myself to find his number out and give him a ring study

Which I did today, and he was most happy to speak to me asking me how the site was how everyone was keeping and how there season had gone, I asked him the reason why he had not been on the site and he informed me that he has moved house 3 times in the last 18 months and has had to take a back seat with regards the site

I asked Edgie if he was still racing and his comment was yes with a small team of only 12 birds, he informed me that the birds he is racing were not breed until May last year and were raced North Road as youngsters, but as Edgie is mainly a distance flyer north road route is not long enough for him so another house move came and he joined the south road club and turned the pigeons round to race south route as yearlings and they have done pretty well for him

Edgie informed me that the birds have had every race inland and channel race except Bourges were there had been a mix up with the Fed and the club had to cancel the race but on the whole he has had a good season with such as small team and they have earned there perch for the coming winter.

Edgie is looking forward to the youngsters as he said he has a nice team to play with fingers crossed he can keep the majority of them for next year

I did ask Edgie what he had won and and in his club they have 6 prizes and he has won with broken pigeons 21 prizes club cards then you have Fed cards which have not been added to the list

5 x 1sts
4 x 2nds
2 x 3rds
3 x 4ths
2 x 5ths
5 x 6ths

And that's with pigeons that have been raced north road as youngsters to be turned around as yearlings to race the south road and the most he set to each race was 8 pigeons at anyone time, credit were credit is due I take my hat of to him cheers cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: Edgie's (Old Bird Season)   Edgie's (Old Bird Season) EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 5:47 am

Very well done!!!
Back to top Go down
mufc rick
Youngbird
Youngbird
mufc rick

PostSubject: Re: Edgie's (Old Bird Season)   Edgie's (Old Bird Season) EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 8:03 am

thx don .I knew I had heard his name being talked about great flying edgie well done Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Edgie's (Old Bird Season)   Edgie's (Old Bird Season) EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 9:24 am

halcanada wrote:
Very well done!!!

Same, same. A nice bit of info by Don about Edgie etc & his season racing his birds (Most interesting) & I must say I rather miss him not being here now, as I enjoyed the banter. cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Edgie's (Old Bird Season)   Edgie's (Old Bird Season) EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 3:16 pm

birds that have raced north and turn south usually do well ...south to north forget it lol
no follower pigeons racing north these days,they soon get found out
Back to top Go down
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

PostSubject: Re: Edgie's (Old Bird Season)   Edgie's (Old Bird Season) EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 4:07 pm

with such a small time of birds to race don.
that is great results.
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

PostSubject: Re: Edgie's (Old Bird Season)   Edgie's (Old Bird Season) EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 9:44 pm

thats good flying with such a small team well done
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Edgie's (Old Bird Season)   Edgie's (Old Bird Season) EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 9:47 pm

When I get a chance I will ring him again and a another chat with him but like I said credit were credit is due
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Edgie's (Old Bird Season)   Edgie's (Old Bird Season) EmptyWed Jul 22, 2015 1:27 pm

Hello lads, spoke with Edgie today and he has for offer 3 youngsters which he has rung, he is offering the youngsters to the member on the site because they are to good to dispose of and he already has his required amounts.

The youngsters on offer are:-

1 Youngster from:-

Grandson of Vindicator multi-prize winner at Club, Fed and NFC National Level from all distances paired to Mealy Hen winner this year of
3rd Maidstone 148miles
6th Huntington 69 miles
4th Arras 237 miles

2 Youngsters from :-  Grizzel Cock paired to Dark Hen

Grizzel Cock won this year
3rd  Billericay 120 miles
7th Maidstone 148 miles
5th Boves 259 miles
8th Billericay 120 miles
1st Joue Le Chatel 349 miles
7th Eastbourne 179 miles
8th Arras 237 miles

Dark Hen won this year:-
2nd Arras 237 miles
6th Joue Le Chatel 349 miles

As I have said before theses' are pigeons which raced as youngsters on the North Road last year then this year as only yearlings turned South Road to win

If you would like to discuss in greater detail with Edgie about the birds his mobile number is :- 07977 920044

Can I please say that the cost of the birds is between whoever discusses the matter with Edgie, plus if you interested you would have to sort out your own courier.

But what he has said is what ever money is raised he would like myself to give it to a registered charity, which I have agreed plus he does not what members to think that he is only trying to use the site to sell his pigeons AS HE DOES NOT THINK DOING THAT IS GOOD PRACTICE  and this is a good will gesture to all members of the site.

The breed are called Van Edgies (Motta Lines) and in my own opinion will grace any loft but what he has said is they would have to be raced and he would like feed back to see how they have performed

As I always say lads fill your boots they are good quality and good honest pigeons.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Edgie's (Old Bird Season)   Edgie's (Old Bird Season) EmptyWed Jul 22, 2015 11:56 pm

Don Webb wrote:
Hello lads, spoke with Edgie today and he has for offer 3 youngsters which he has rung, he is offering the youngsters to the member on the site because they are to good to dispose of and he already has his required amounts.

The youngsters on offer are:-

1 Youngster from:-

Grandson of Vindicator multi-prize winner at Club, Fed and NFC National Level from all distances paired to Mealy Hen winner this year of
3rd Maidstone 148miles
6th Huntington 69 miles
4th Arras 237 miles

2 Youngsters from :-  Grizzel Cock paired to Dark Hen

Grizzel Cock won this year
3rd  Billericay 120 miles
7th Maidstone 148 miles
5th Boves 259 miles
8th Billericay 120 miles
1st Joue Le Chatel 349 miles
7th Eastbourne 179 miles
8th Arras 237 miles

Dark Hen won this year:-
2nd Arras 237 miles
6th Joue Le Chatel 349 miles

As I have said before theses' are pigeons which raced as youngsters on the North Road last year then this year as only yearlings turned South Road to win

If you would like to discuss in greater detail with Edgie about the birds his mobile number is :- 07977 920044

Can I please say that the cost of the birds is between whoever discusses the matter with Edgie, plus if you interested you would have to sort out your own courier.

But what he has said is what ever money is raised he would like myself to give it to a registered charity, which I have agreed plus he does not what members to think that he is only trying to use the site to sell his pigeons AS HE DOES NOT THINK DOING THAT IS GOOD PRACTICE  and this is a good will gesture to all members of the site.

The breed are called Van Edgies (Motta Lines) and in my own opinion will grace any loft but what he has said is they would have to be raced and he would like feed back to see how they have performed

As I always say lads fill your boots they are good quality and good honest pigeons.

lol!lol!lol! The Van Edgies Smile Smile Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Maybe not for the purists Don Wink Wink but I would be most happy to fill my boot as such with them etc. I would have a talk with a clubmate of mine Smile Smile flys The Van Ducks/Dykes as we call them. Could be the next great thing ???? in the pigeon world if I crossed them all together bounce bounce.
PS. Nice gesture by Edgie with his donation also etc. cheers
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Edgie's (Old Bird Season)   Edgie's (Old Bird Season) EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 9:18 pm

Cheers Knackered, yes its a great gesture from Edgie he just wants to give the site members an opportunity to race his birds

Plus raise money for a worth while charity
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Edgie's (Old Bird Season)   Edgie's (Old Bird Season) Empty

Back to top Go down

Edgie's (Old Bird Season)
Page 1 of 1