Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» good luck weekend
Exercising birds Emptyby Knackered Today at 10:30 pm

» escaped birds return
Exercising birds Emptyby Knackered Today at 10:24 pm

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
Exercising birds Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:53 pm

» Weather today
Exercising birds Emptyby barnie Today at 7:14 pm

» Good Morning
Exercising birds Emptyby barnie Today at 11:35 am

» Scandalous .......
Exercising birds Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
Exercising birds Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
Exercising birds Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Exercising birds Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:25 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Exercising birds 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 104 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 103 Guests :: 2 Bots

Knackered

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Exercising birds Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Exercising birds Vote_lcapExercising birds Voting_barExercising birds Vote_rcap 
David
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222599 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Exercising birds Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Exercising birds Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Exercising birds

Go down 
+7
oldstrain
shippy
Boosey
George & Morgan
devo56
David
Lofty
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Lofty
Youngbird
Youngbird

Exercising birds Empty
PostSubject: Exercising birds   Exercising birds EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 9:03 am

When do you guys stop letting the birds out for daily exercise, I've noticed there doesn't seem to be any birds flying around, I always used to see them at some time during the day but recently there's none about.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Exercising birds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exercising birds   Exercising birds EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 9:24 am

i don't let mine out over the winter lofty, altho a fancier in next street to me has them out every day, rain, snow or shine and they fly for hours.........
Back to top Go down
devo56
Youngbird
Youngbird

Exercising birds Empty
PostSubject: Exercising birds   Exercising birds EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 9:26 am

Over the last few weeks, i left my birds to just relax and go through the moult, it can be a very stressful time for some birds, So i think by doing so, i am preparing them well for their next cycle.
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

Exercising birds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exercising birds   Exercising birds EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 10:34 am

would think if stressed going through moult would be stressed racing jmo dev to be honest dev I would not keep a bird showing any sign of stress
Back to top Go down
devo56
Youngbird
Youngbird

Exercising birds Empty
PostSubject: Exercising birds   Exercising birds EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 12:17 pm

rainbow wrote:
would think if stressed  going through moult would be stressed   racing jmo  dev to be honest dev I would not keep a bird showing any sign of stress

George, the last few pins to be thrown, can be as painful as a human going to the dentist, and having a tooth pulled out without any Anesthetic, So prevention of causing any stress is a good practice. Similar to when birds are racing, you would only race them when race fit, again causing them no added stress. We must remember they are athletes, and will only perform when they are fit.
Back to top Go down
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

Exercising birds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exercising birds   Exercising birds EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 2:06 pm

I cant let mine out at the moment in the week because of work but I let them out at weekends for a bath weather permitting, as it helps the moult and softens the shafts.
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

Exercising birds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exercising birds   Exercising birds EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 2:38 pm

I've said it before a aviary is a must no matter how small
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

Exercising birds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exercising birds   Exercising birds EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 4:53 pm

dev I think we are talking about 2 different things if a bird shows stress because of the moult then I don't think it will face the channel that is jmo that's all
Back to top Go down
shippy
Hatchling
Hatchling

Exercising birds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exercising birds   Exercising birds EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 4:57 pm

rainbow wrote:
dev I think we are talking about 2 different things   if a bird shows  stress  because of the moult then I don't think it will face the channel  that is jmo that's all

agree the moult is a natural process for all birds as rainbow said if showing signs of stress there is a health problem
Back to top Go down
devo56
Youngbird
Youngbird

Exercising birds Empty
PostSubject: Exercising birds   Exercising birds EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 5:11 pm

shippy wrote:
rainbow wrote:
dev I think we are talking about 2 different things   if a bird shows  stress  because of the moult then I don't think it will face the channel  that is jmo that's all

agree the moult is a natural process for all birds as rainbow said if showing signs of stress there is a health problem

I agree with the above, it is a natural process, but like i say, i like to prevent and prepare my birds for the coming season, and to me the moulting part is paramount. I would hope that all goes well for them to move onto next cycle. There is no stress in my loft, and thats the way i like to keep it.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Exercising birds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exercising birds   Exercising birds EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 6:10 pm

birds are locked down from October until march too many sparrowhawks and peregines about ,birds should sail through the moult with no medications whatsoever during this time .
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

Exercising birds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exercising birds   Exercising birds EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 6:12 pm

to be fair theres nothing really to gain by having birds out in the winter time we once the moult starts confine them to the loft for a long rest although we do have a  5 foot wide corrider the length of the loft they can fly around in the first time they go out is once there all sitting eggs
and this continuse till the y/b hatch then there locked down again till there sitting for 8 days after that they get 2 weeks loft flying then around 10 12 to 15 mile chucks before the first race this we find eases them in to racing sharp and ready to go i see no point in training hard for the short races although i would train natural birds a bit further they get lazy and wise un like widdowhood cocks there always on the move

try to avoid stress at all cost p.s we never have the birds out if its misty or raining theres no point
Back to top Go down
mufc rick
Youngbird
Youngbird
mufc rick

Exercising birds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exercising birds   Exercising birds EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 6:20 pm

my birds go out every good day all through winter, there not forced out just open the trap and leave them to it ,although to be honest there usually waiting ready to get out and they fly for fun . if only I could get them like that in the race season lol!
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

Exercising birds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exercising birds   Exercising birds EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 8:48 pm

our birds go out every day come sun rain snow or fog the only time when they stay in is when the rain is coming from the east as it goes into the loft but i like them out to do as they please
Back to top Go down
Lofty
Youngbird
Youngbird

Exercising birds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exercising birds   Exercising birds EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 9:36 pm

mufc rick wrote:
my birds go out every good day all through winter, there not forced out just open the trap and leave them to it ,although to be honest there usually waiting ready to get out and they fly for fun . if only I could get them like that in the race season lol!

This is how I remember with my birds, open the loft , if they go great, if not I never used to force them, only in the most severe weather I wouldn't let them out, some nice opinions though lads.
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

Exercising birds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exercising birds   Exercising birds EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 10:40 pm

Lofty wrote:
mufc rick wrote:

This is how I remember with my birds, open the loft , if they go great, if not I never used to force them, only in the most severe weather I wouldn't let them out, some nice opinions though lads.

Lofty its everyone to there own mate its what you thinks best for your pigeons plus you will soon see if it benefits your birds with the way they act around the loft and there characteristics also
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Exercising birds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exercising birds   Exercising birds Empty

Back to top Go down

Exercising birds
Page 1 of 1