Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» King removes Patronage
Race baskets etc Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 7:21 pm

» Good Morning
Race baskets etc Emptyby David Yesterday at 5:50 pm

» Weather today
Race baskets etc Emptyby David Yesterday at 9:20 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Race baskets etc Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Race baskets etc Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» escaped birds return
Race baskets etc Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 10:42 am

» Scandalous .......
Race baskets etc Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
Race baskets etc Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
Race baskets etc Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Race baskets etc 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 61 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 61 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Race baskets etc Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
Race baskets etc Vote_lcapRace baskets etc Voting_barRace baskets etc Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222738 messages in 14003 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Race baskets etc Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Race baskets etc Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Race baskets etc

Go down 
+2
markevans
Knackered
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Race baskets etc Empty
PostSubject: Race baskets etc   Race baskets etc EmptySun Feb 28, 2016 10:01 pm

One does not wish Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes to hang out dirty washing as such Wink Wink but the sport here is in turmoil sadly, unfortunately. It's all about the way we transport our birds to the races etc & the way some see the way foreward in the future as such. So my query is, how many birds do you place in your baskets in the short races compared to the longer ones & what do you place on the floor of them for the birds comfort & on average what is the life span of the baskets being used if they are of a plastic type senario & what is the feeding/water arrangement's & also Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes  what is the release mechanism upon liberation, so all birds go as one. cheers
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

Race baskets etc Empty
PostSubject: Re: Race baskets etc   Race baskets etc EmptySun Feb 28, 2016 10:11 pm

in our club oz we put 18 hens and 16 cocks for inland races 16 hens and 14 cocks for water races that's for two nights in the basket on the floor we have news paper underneath a wire grill basket size around 20" wide by 34" long by 10" high approx baskets made from wood with ply bottoms wooden front drop door wire to the rear and a 2" gap down both sides for water and feed
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Race baskets etc Empty
PostSubject: Re: Race baskets etc   Race baskets etc EmptySun Feb 28, 2016 10:50 pm

markevans wrote:
in our club oz we put 18 hens and 16 cocks for inland races 16 hens and 14 cocks for water races that's for two nights in the basket on the floor we have news paper underneath a wire grill basket size around 20" wide by 34" long by 10" high approx baskets made from wood with ply bottoms wooden front drop door wire to the rear and a 2" gap down both sides for water and feed

Interesting Mark etc Smile Smile. The situation here is Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes some have put their faith in a piss pot Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad who is telling us here, he is building a transporter, to the best of European standards "What ever that is" bounce bounce & from what I've seen lol! lol! lol! it's being built on his front lawn Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes & only at weekends sadly & will be ready by late May when we start racing. The believers Wink Wink told us only a few weeks ago here, included would be a trailer also for 2000 birds, bur sadly that's turned into fairyland con, unfortunately Smile Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Race baskets etc Empty
PostSubject: Re: Race baskets etc   Race baskets etc EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 10:00 am

Knackered wrote:
markevans wrote:

Interesting Mark etc Smile Smile. The situation here is Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes some have put their faith in a piss pot Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad who is telling us here, he is building a transporter, to the best of European standards "What ever that is" bounce bounce & from what I've seen lol! lol! lol! it's being built on his front lawn Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes & only at weekends sadly & will be ready by late May when we start racing. The believers Wink Wink told us only a few weeks ago here, included would be a trailer also for 2000 birds, bur sadly that's turned into fairyland con, unfortunately Smile Smile. cheers

is he knocking it up out of some old pallets and fence panels lol! sounds like someones gonna make a few £'s out of the deal ...our transporter has steel frame and timber crates holding 16 birds in each crate they have corrugated cardboard on the floors changed every race...our north road club puts horse bedding in the crates and use wicker baskets 18 birds to a crate...when we go across the channel we go with another fed and they have wire grills in the crates ... all watering and feeding is done through a corridor in the middle of the trailer.hope yer man knows what he is doing oz as these trailers can be quite a complexed design when all things are considered ...airflow,dryness,feeding and watering ,loading and releasing the birds
Back to top Go down
shippy
Hatchling
Hatchling

Race baskets etc Empty
PostSubject: Re: Race baskets etc   Race baskets etc EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 10:28 am

inland racing 25 to a wicker pannier across the water 20 to a pannier each bird has more room than stipulated by defra shavings on floor
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Race baskets etc Empty
PostSubject: Re: Race baskets etc   Race baskets etc EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 6:17 pm

oldstrain wrote:
Knackered wrote:
markevans wrote:

is he knocking it up out of some old pallets and fence panels lol! sounds like someones gonna make a few £'s out of the deal ...our transporter has steel frame and timber crates holding 16 birds in each crate they have corrugated cardboard on the floors changed every race...our north road club puts horse bedding in the crates and use wicker baskets 18 birds to a crate...when we go across the channel we go with another fed and they have wire grills in the crates ... all watering and feeding is done through a corridor in the middle of the trailer.hope yer man knows what he is doing oz as these trailers can be quite a complexed design when all things are considered ...airflow,dryness,feeding and watering ,loading and releasing the birds

I understand where your coming from O/S Smile Smile but this is serious business etc Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes as I have this thought "The best Europeon practice" will have a made in China sticker on the new baskets as such along with the workmanship Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad. Senile Smile Smile is the word mentioned by many here as too the bloke expecting us to have faith bounce bounce with what he is doing & it sort of reminds me lol! lol! lol! of a good catholic preacher down here called Pell's, who was shunted off to Rome for everyone's benefit ???, but we are told just to have faith etc as everything is under control. cheers
Back to top Go down
Lofty
Youngbird
Youngbird

Race baskets etc Empty
PostSubject: Re: Race baskets etc   Race baskets etc EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 6:23 pm

Those last Couple of words worry me knackered " everything's under control" mmm, famous last words comes to mind.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Race baskets etc Empty
PostSubject: Re: Race baskets etc   Race baskets etc EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 6:35 pm

Lofty wrote:
Those last Couple of words worry me knackered " everything's under control" mmm, famous last words comes to mind.

Faith/under control  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes can only carry you so far Lofty Smile Smile I've found. Especially Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad when it's only 3 months to our first race here etc Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Race baskets etc Empty
PostSubject: Re: Race baskets etc   Race baskets etc EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 6:42 pm

I think ours have 18 / 19 in them, and horse bedding is used on the floor......we clip the drinkers on while basketing, then remove them while we seal the crates up and load onto the wagon..... Razz cheers
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Race baskets etc Empty
PostSubject: Re: Race baskets etc   Race baskets etc EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 7:18 pm

David wrote:
I think ours have 18 / 19 in them, and horse bedding is used on the floor......we clip the drinkers on while basketing, then remove them while we seal the crates up and load onto the wagon..... Razz cheers

32/28 size baskets have been mentioned here David, depending on the distance & I'm expected Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes to jump up on a ramp etc 4ft of the ground & place some above my head as such  in the racks Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes on this new truck. My mate Smile Smile "Little fat bloke" lol! lol! lol! would have to carry a ladder with him to do it I suspect bounce bounce come basket night, sadly. cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Race baskets etc Empty
PostSubject: Re: Race baskets etc   Race baskets etc EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 9:12 pm

Knackered wrote:
David wrote:

32/28 size baskets have been mentioned here David, depending on the distance & I'm expected Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes to jump up on a ramp etc 4ft of the ground & place some above my head as such  in the racks Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes on this new truck. My mate Smile Smile "Little fat bloke" lol! lol! lol! would have to carry a ladder with him to do it I suspect bounce bounce come basket night, sadly. cheers

cant the little fattie rest his balls on the back of your neck lol! that way no need to worry about the 4ft or ladder pirat
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Race baskets etc Empty
PostSubject: Re: Race baskets etc   Race baskets etc EmptyTue Mar 01, 2016 2:26 am

oldstrain wrote:
Knackered wrote:
David wrote:

cant the little fattie rest his balls on the back of your neck lol! that way no need to worry about the 4ft or ladder pirat

lol!lol!lol! Not likely O/S Wink Wink As he is as wide, as he is short etc bounce bounce & being a another plumber, the de-odourant issue & the consequences Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes would cause me some concern  Smile  Smile unfortunately. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Race baskets etc Empty
PostSubject: Re: Race baskets etc   Race baskets etc Empty

Back to top Go down

Race baskets etc
Page 1 of 1