Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
Clocks and baskets Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:53 pm

» Weather today
Clocks and baskets Emptyby barnie Today at 7:14 pm

» escaped birds return
Clocks and baskets Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 6:37 pm

» Good Morning
Clocks and baskets Emptyby barnie Today at 11:35 am

» good luck weekend
Clocks and baskets Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:05 am

» Scandalous .......
Clocks and baskets Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
Clocks and baskets Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
Clocks and baskets Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Clocks and baskets Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:25 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Clocks and baskets 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 95 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 94 Guests :: 2 Bots

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Clocks and baskets Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Clocks and baskets Vote_lcapClocks and baskets Voting_barClocks and baskets Vote_rcap 
David
Clocks and baskets Vote_lcapClocks and baskets Voting_barClocks and baskets Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222597 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Clocks and baskets Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Clocks and baskets Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Clocks and baskets

Go down 
+8
blueskylofts
birdy2011
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
George & Morgan
devo56
Lofty
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lofty
Youngbird
Youngbird

Clocks and baskets Empty
PostSubject: Clocks and baskets   Clocks and baskets EmptyThu Oct 15, 2015 7:26 pm

Ok guys, next year I'll be getting back in the swing of keeping and training the birds again, you know, feeding properly, getting to know the birds, settling young and training them up, the following year,2017, I'll be hopefully starting to race. Questions are, where to get baskets, only need a small one , and then a clock, back in my old racing days I had a skymaster, stb were top of the range then Very Happy , I've looked around and ets seems the in thing , but that's beyond me, and there is the junior t3 that look popular, what do you guys and gals use, or, what would you recommend, thanks all.
Back to top Go down
devo56
Youngbird
Youngbird

Clocks and baskets Empty
PostSubject: clocks and baskets   Clocks and baskets EmptyThu Oct 15, 2015 7:33 pm

Same here Lofty, just returning to the sport, I would like to race with Ets, but the club i am joining all use T3 clocks, I feel Ets would be less stress on the pigeon clocking in, and also good to use while training.
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

Clocks and baskets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clocks and baskets   Clocks and baskets EmptyThu Oct 15, 2015 7:57 pm

hi lofty you should be able to get a yb team to-gather so be ready from february
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

Clocks and baskets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clocks and baskets   Clocks and baskets EmptyThu Oct 15, 2015 9:49 pm

devo56 wrote:
Same here Lofty, just returning to the sport, I would like to race with Ets, but the club i am joining all use T3 clocks, I feel Ets would be less stress on the pigeon clocking in, and also good to use while training.

Spot on Devo
Back to top Go down
Lofty
Youngbird
Youngbird

Clocks and baskets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clocks and baskets   Clocks and baskets EmptyThu Oct 15, 2015 10:05 pm

Ets would be good, but, realistically, it's going to have to be a manual clock, so, I've also seen on eBay Quartz stb, are these up to date ones or have the t3 overtaken them
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Clocks and baskets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clocks and baskets   Clocks and baskets EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 8:44 am

get yerself a t3 that has been serviced in the last 5 years also with some thimbleless chambers atb
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Clocks and baskets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clocks and baskets   Clocks and baskets EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 9:12 pm

yes lofty, the T3 is the clock you need if you are not going to use ETS, ive been using one for the last few years and now our club has invested in ETS for all the members, although I think ETS is a great system im considering sticking with the T3........ Question Question Question
Back to top Go down
Lofty
Youngbird
Youngbird

Clocks and baskets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clocks and baskets   Clocks and baskets EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 9:35 pm

Yeh, thanks guys, looks like the t3 is the best bet for me, so I'll invest in 1 next year, thanks for the input everyone.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Clocks and baskets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clocks and baskets   Clocks and baskets EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 9:40 pm

usually T3 for sale on ebay lofty, or maybe one of our forum members might have one for sale or know of one for sale by the time you needs one.......
Back to top Go down
Lofty
Youngbird
Youngbird

Clocks and baskets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clocks and baskets   Clocks and baskets EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 8:14 pm

Sorry for dragging up an old thread but anyone got a t3 going before I look on eBay, thanks all.
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

Clocks and baskets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clocks and baskets   Clocks and baskets EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 7:14 pm

always some on ebay mate but ask about last service and battery change cus the cost for battery and postage is around 70 quid add that to the clock and its not looking such a bargin
you could contact linnels they may have second hand ones all tuned up for less
Back to top Go down
Lofty
Youngbird
Youngbird

Clocks and baskets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clocks and baskets   Clocks and baskets EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 8:30 pm

Thank you, I'm watching 1 on eBay at the minute, still got 5 years on the battery
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

Clocks and baskets Empty
PostSubject: ETS or T3   Clocks and baskets EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 10:37 am

Lofty wrote:
Thank you, I'm watching 1 on eBay at the minute, still got 5 years on the battery

Maybe I have got it wrong - But I was told, that if you buy an ET System and there is not one in the club you belong to - then the sellers of the ETS will 'LEND' the club the where-with-all to enable members to download the data from their ETS!

Is this right or not?

Phil (blueskylofts)
Back to top Go down
http://www.philongold.net
shippy
Hatchling
Hatchling

Clocks and baskets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clocks and baskets   Clocks and baskets EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 10:52 am

blueskylofts wrote:
Lofty wrote:

Maybe I have got it wrong - But I was told, that if you buy an ET System and there is not one in the club you belong to - then the sellers of the ETS will 'LEND' the club the where-with-all to enable members to download the data from their ETS!

Is this right or not?

Phil (blueskylofts)

correct unless things have changed
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

Clocks and baskets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clocks and baskets   Clocks and baskets EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 6:43 pm

unikon system if one member in a club has it the club or member has to buy the club system for 75.00 pound and when another member buys a system they say they will refund the 75.00 with bricon buy the system for 245.00 and they wil give you the club system
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Clocks and baskets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clocks and baskets   Clocks and baskets EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 4:53 am

Lofty wrote:
Ok guys, next year I'll be getting back in the swing of keeping and training the birds again, you know, feeding properly, getting to know the birds, settling young and training them up, the following year,2017, I'll be hopefully starting to race. Questions are, where to get baskets, only need a small one , and then a clock, back in my old racing days I had a skymaster, stb were top of the range then Very Happy , I've looked around and ets seems the in thing , but that's beyond me, and there is the junior t3 that look popular, what do you guys and gals use, or, what would you recommend, thanks all.

Baskets have come a long way these days Lofty from the ones I use I think you will find. Cheap & nasty is how I would best describe some of those canvass/plastic type ones now on the market. My bones tell me bounce bounce they are not built to last like the old cane type ones. cheers
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

Clocks and baskets Empty
PostSubject: Baskets etc   Clocks and baskets EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 5:35 am

Knackered wrote:
Lofty wrote:

Baskets have come a long way these days Lofty from the ones I use I think you will find. Cheap & nasty is how I would best describe some of those canvass/plastic type ones now on the market. My bones tell me bounce bounce they are not built to last like the old cane type ones. cheers

Clocks - When I start racing again I am defiantly going to buy an ETS, even if I can't eat for a month. I think it is the only way to go for the future.

However, I am wondering if I buy something, within 6 months something better will be brought out and it will be cheaper than the one I bought. Stuff like that happens a lot when it comes to new 'technology'.

Baskets - I have made my own in the past and in fact, I am building one now which will hold up to 8 birds. I could have made it a little bigger, except for the fact that this basket has to fit though a small doorway.

If I can find out how to do it - I will post some pictures when I have finished it.

I am still trying to find out how to put an Avatar in my forum profile - any advice.

If you want one of the original woven baskets, Boddy and RIdewood still do them. In my opinion, they are lovely, but not cheap.

ATB

Phil
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Clocks and baskets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clocks and baskets   Clocks and baskets EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 9:27 am

hi phil, re avatar.....

click where it says PROFILE at the top of the page, there you will see INFORMATION at the top of your profile, go along to AVATAR and click there. if you look down the page it says UPLOAD AN AVATAR FROM YOUR COMPUTER, click BROWSE and it will take you to your pictures stored on your computer, double click your chosen picture then simply click SAVE.

any problems you can email me your picture at pigeonworld46@yahoo.co.uk

and I`ll do it for you .
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

Clocks and baskets Empty
PostSubject: Avaatar   Clocks and baskets EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 10:19 am

David wrote:
hi phil, re avatar.....

click where it says PROFILE at the top of the page, there you will see INFORMATION at the top of your profile, go along to AVATAR and click there. if you look down the page it says UPLOAD AN AVATAR FROM YOUR COMPUTER, click BROWSE and it will take you to your pictures stored on your computer, double click your chosen picture then simply click SAVE.

and I`ll do it for you .

Hi David

Done and Done! Thankyou so much.

Yours in Sport
Phil
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Clocks and baskets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clocks and baskets   Clocks and baskets EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 10:21 am

no problem phil, any problems let me know, or post up on site and im sure other members will be happy to help......
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

Clocks and baskets Empty
PostSubject: Avatar    Clocks and baskets EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 10:22 am

David wrote:
no problem phil, any problems let me know, or post up on site and im sure other members will be happy to help......

Thanks buddy

Phil
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Clocks and baskets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clocks and baskets   Clocks and baskets EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 11:11 am

blueskylofts wrote:
David wrote:
hi phil, re avatar.....

and I`ll do it for you .

Hi David

Done and Done!  Thankyou so much.

Yours in Sport
Phil

MMMMMmmmmmmmm Smile Smile Music orientated are we Phil, I come from a music family etc. Unfortunately Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes I'm only good I'm  affraid for polishing the piano here, sadly. cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Clocks and baskets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clocks and baskets   Clocks and baskets EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 12:37 pm

Knackered wrote:
blueskylofts wrote:
David wrote:
hi phil, re avatar.....

and I`ll do it for you .

Hi David

Done and Done!  Thankyou so much.

Yours in Sport
Phil

MMMMMmmmmmmmm Smile Smile Music orientated are we Phil, I come from a music family etc. Unfortunately Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes I'm only good I'm  affraid for polishing the piano here, sadly. cheers

lol! lol! lol! how about some of that ACDC Cool
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Clocks and baskets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clocks and baskets   Clocks and baskets EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 1:25 pm

yeah, a bit of angus young would be nice........... cheers
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

Clocks and baskets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clocks and baskets   Clocks and baskets EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 1:35 pm

David wrote:
yeah, a bit of angus young would be nice........... cheers

Who is angus young?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Clocks and baskets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clocks and baskets   Clocks and baskets Empty

Back to top Go down

Clocks and baskets
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next