Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
I have a situation! Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 3:13 pm

» escaped birds return
I have a situation! Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 11:40 am

» Good Morning
I have a situation! Emptyby barnie Today at 11:35 am

» Weather today
I have a situation! Emptyby oldstrain Today at 10:53 am

» good luck weekend
I have a situation! Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:05 am

» Scandalous .......
I have a situation! Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
I have a situation! Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
I have a situation! Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
I have a situation! Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:25 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) I have a situation! 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 97 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 95 Guests :: 1 Bot

barnie, George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.I have a situation! Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
I have a situation! Vote_lcapI have a situation! Voting_barI have a situation! Vote_rcap 
David
I have a situation! Vote_lcapI have a situation! Voting_barI have a situation! Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222592 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
I have a situation! Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
I have a situation! Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

I have a situation!

Go down 
+2
David
blueskylofts
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

I have a situation! Empty
PostSubject: I have a situation!   I have a situation! EmptySun May 08, 2016 2:13 pm

Maybe you remember, I started breeding late as I didn't get my stock birds until March.

Now I have a situation that I don't know how to fix.

When some of my first round babies were around 14 - 16 old, the hens started laying again. I anticipated this so I put a second nest bowl in their nest box.

But despite this, one hen laid the first of her second round egg in the bowl with the babies in. So I moved it into the second nest bowl. but she ignored it, so I swapped the nest bowls over - New nest bowl, now with one egg in it, to where the first round babies were and the babies in the original nest bowl to the other side of the nest box.

BUT NOW - neither of the parents will fed the 2 original babies.

What can I do?

Could I try swapping the babies from another nest with the ones that are not getting fed for a while, in the hope that the parents of the second lot will feed the ones that are not getting fed. Or what to do?

I am in a real quandary - HELP please.

Phil (blueskylofts)
Back to top Go down
http://www.philongold.net
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: I have a situation!   I have a situation! EmptySun May 08, 2016 2:20 pm

hi phil, so how old are the babies now...? are they trying to peck at corn themselves yet...?

if it was me I would put the babies back in thee original bowl in the original place in the nest box.....ybs who are 16 days old + are more important than eggs, in my opinion any way.
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: I have a situation!   I have a situation! EmptySun May 08, 2016 3:42 pm

David wrote:
hi phil, so how old are the babies now...? are they trying to peck at corn themselves yet...?

if it was me I would put the babies back in thee original bowl in the original place in the nest box.....ybs who are 16 days old + are more important than eggs, in my opinion any way.

Thanks David

I have put them back in the original boxes, in the original places. So now I have two babies and 1 egg in the nest, I don't want the eggs from this pair anyway, so I have put a pot egg in place of the real one.

The babies are 15 days old today and doing really well.

All though I do not want any more young birds from this pairing, I would like to keep these two.

I hope this helps

Phil
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: I have a situation!   I have a situation! EmptySun May 08, 2016 4:18 pm

awkward one best put the 2 bowls in leave ybs in original pan and put dummy eggs in the other she will probably sit them when she lays the 2nd egg and things will settle down just check the ybs crops over the next few days to make sure their being fed ...you could allways hand rear as a last resort ...soaking big grains in water first and dipping theirs beaks in water a few times a day or syringing water down their throats...not ideal I know but when needs must atb
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: I have a situation!   I have a situation! EmptySun May 08, 2016 4:57 pm

oldstrain wrote:
awkward one best put the 2 bowls in leave ybs in original pan and put dummy eggs in the other she will probably sit them when she lays the 2nd egg and things will settle down just check the ybs crops over the next few days to make sure their being fed ...you could allways hand rear as a last resort ...soaking big grains in water first and dipping theirs beaks in water a few times a day or syringing water down their throats...not ideal I know but when needs must atb

Thanks for that.

I will keep an eye on things over the next few days. I have just felt the babies crops and as far as I can tell, they have not been fed recently.

If I have to, I will hand feed them, a bit of a pain I know but not the first time I have had to do it. I once lost a good hen and the cock didn't want to know to much, so I took over.

Cheers
Phil
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: I have a situation!   I have a situation! EmptySun May 08, 2016 5:01 pm

I would have never moved the eggs in the first place they would have been perfectly fine. Hopefully you can manage to keep the ybs..I have had eggs behind doors under drinkers on ledges ect ect .best to leave them alone
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: I have a situation!   I have a situation! EmptySun May 08, 2016 9:10 pm

peel bros wrote:
I would have never moved the eggs in the first place they would have been perfectly fine. Hopefully you can manage to keep the ybs..I have had eggs behind doors under drinkers on ledges ect ect .best to leave them alone

Thanks for that We all live and learn and I think I have a LOT to learn about really keeping and racing pigeons.

Thanks to all contributes.

Yours in Sport
Phil
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

PostSubject: Re: I have a situation!   I have a situation! EmptySun May 08, 2016 9:17 pm

hi phil if you dont want the eggs just throw them out problem fixed
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: I have a situation!   I have a situation! EmptySun May 08, 2016 10:09 pm

markevans wrote:

My situation is some what differant Mark Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes lol! lol! lol! Our Ray's influence is growing here I see bounce bounce as all I see is pink, pink & more pink now Smile Smile after having a fews days recreational leave etc here. cheers
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: I have a situation!   I have a situation! EmptySun May 08, 2016 10:11 pm

Yes Phil your right.my apologies for being so blunt.that was not my intention..I was just saying that's what I would have done
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: I have a situation!   I have a situation! EmptySun May 08, 2016 10:13 pm

Knackered wrote:
markevans wrote:

My situation is some what differant Mark Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes lol! lol! lol! Our Ray's influence is growing here I see bounce bounce as all I see is pink, pink & more pink now Smile Smile after having a fews days recreational leave etc here. cheers

winning that 1st today has gone to our rays head knackered............ lol! lol! lol!
well done ray .... cheers lol!
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: I have a situation!   I have a situation! EmptySun May 08, 2016 10:16 pm

Xxx
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: I have a situation!   I have a situation! EmptySun May 08, 2016 10:26 pm

peel bros wrote:
Xxx

Xxx lol! lol! lol! come on now Ray bounce bounce Smile Smile I even can do better than that Wink Wink I will go XXXXXXXXXX Smile Smile & I will throw in a man hug also lol! lol!. cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: I have a situation!   I have a situation! EmptySun May 08, 2016 10:28 pm

you want your name in pink yet knackered....? Razz Razz lol!
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: I have a situation!   I have a situation! EmptySun May 08, 2016 10:29 pm

Sorry no man hugs.3 kisses is enough
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: I have a situation!   I have a situation! EmptySun May 08, 2016 10:44 pm

David wrote:
you want your name in pink yet knackered....?   Razz Razz lol!

Why not David lol! lol! lol! if you have the power Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Go man go Wink Wink etc Smile Smile & rest assured, no legal proceedings will be forth coming if the big event just happens to take place here Wink Wink.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: I have a situation!   I have a situation! EmptySun May 08, 2016 10:49 pm

peel bros wrote:
Sorry no man hugs.3 kisses is enough

OK Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Life is full of disappointments lol! lol! lol! I've found sadly & as such I will just have to bare it all Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes & battle on the best I can Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: I have a situation!   I have a situation! EmptyMon May 09, 2016 5:21 am

Knackered wrote:
markevans wrote:

Am I pissing the point - what has your comment got to do with my problem? What has all this 'pink' stuff got to do with my birds.
Phil
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: I have a situation!   I have a situation! EmptyMon May 09, 2016 5:26 am

markevans wrote:

I understand what you are saying Mark.

However, if I throw the eggs away, my problem is not fixed. The problem being - now the parents of the og these two 15 day old babies do not want to feed them anymore!

They were doing a great job until I started messing around with them. I have really learnt a lesson - "if it isn't broken, don't try to fix it".

I only moved the egg because I was worried that the babies might brake it.

BEST LEFT ALONE! me think.

Cheers for now
Phil
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: I have a situation!   I have a situation! EmptyMon May 09, 2016 6:58 am

blueskylofts wrote:
Knackered wrote:
markevans wrote:

Am I pissing the point - what has your comment got to do with my problem?  What has all this 'pink' stuff got to do with my birds.
Phil

My apologize's Phil Smile Smile it has nothing at all to do with your concerns/issues etc here, so I'm sorry for throwing a wee bit of banter your way. In future Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes if I have nothing of an intelligent nature to say here lol! lol! lol! I will just stay silent Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: I have a situation!   I have a situation! EmptyMon May 09, 2016 11:25 am

Knackered wrote:
blueskylofts wrote:
Knackered wrote:
markevans wrote:

Am I pissing the point - what has your comment got to do with my problem?  What has all this 'pink' stuff got to do with my birds.
Phil

My apologize's Phil Smile Smile it has nothing at all to do with your concerns/issues etc here, so I'm sorry for throwing a wee bit of banter your way. In future Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes if I have nothing of an intelligent nature to say here lol! lol! lol! I will just stay silent Wink Wink. cheers

Hi Knackerd

Now that would be very boring - we all like a bit of banter sometimes.

It is just that I have a lot to learn regarding keeping and racing pigeons in a 'Proper' way, and every time I ask something that I need to know - 1 or 2 people give me good and clear advice - then people start talking about other peoples wives and all sorts of other nonsense.

I think it is great that certain members know each other so well they can chat about stuff - BUT if that is the case, why don't they start a new post and keep me out of it, at least until I know you all a bit better.

I am really struggling here sometimes - I have paid a lot of money for most of my birds and being on a disability pension, money is very tight and I don't want, and can't afford to cock things up.

Maybe I am being a bit 'precious', but my pigeons mean a heck of a lot to me (as do most fanciers birds, to them) and I want to get it as right as I can - or at least not make too may mistakes.

Rant over - sorry!

Phil

Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: I have a situation!   I have a situation! EmptyMon May 09, 2016 11:34 am

blueskylofts wrote:
Knackered wrote:
blueskylofts wrote:
Knackered wrote:
markevans wrote:

Phil

Hi Knackerd

Now that would be very boring - we all like a bit of banter sometimes.

It is just that I have a lot to learn regarding keeping and racing pigeons in a 'Proper' way, and every time I ask something that I need to know - 1 or 2 people give me good and clear advice - then people start talking about other peoples wives and all sorts of other nonsense.

I think it is great that certain members know each other so well they can chat about stuff - BUT if that is the case, why don't they start a new post and keep me out of it, at least until I know you all a bit better.

I am really struggling here sometimes - I have paid a lot of money for most of my birds and being on a disability pension, money is very tight and I don't want, and can't afford to cock things up.

Maybe I am being a bit 'precious', but my pigeons mean a heck of a lot to me (as do most fanciers birds, to them) and I want to get it as right as I can - or at least not make too may mistakes.

Rant over - sorry!

Phil

Point taking Phil Smile Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: I have a situation!   I have a situation! EmptyMon May 09, 2016 5:45 pm

I don't know anyones wife lol! lol! lol! but I am working on it lol! lol! lol! pirat
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: I have a situation!   I have a situation! EmptyTue May 10, 2016 6:59 am

oldstrain wrote:
I don't know anyones wife lol! lol! lol! but I am working on it lol! lol! lol! pirat

I apologize Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Smile Smile for the Bristol pirat here Phil. Some people Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad lol! lol! just carn't help themselves, sadly Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Situation OVER!   I have a situation! EmptyTue May 10, 2016 7:49 am

After all the good advice you guys gave me, I did the following:-

Took away the second nest bowl
Put the egg/s back into the original nest
Removed the real eggs and replaced them with dummy eggs

NOW all is good! Parents feeding babies again - yip-eee!

I have learnt a valuable lesson here - "if it isn't broken - don't try and fix it"!

Hay - we all live and learn.

Thanks everyone for the advice.

Yours in Sport
Phil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I have a situation!   I have a situation! Empty

Back to top Go down

I have a situation!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next