Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
Mob Flyers Emptyby oldstrain Today at 2:00 pm

» Good Morning
Mob Flyers Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:17 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
Mob Flyers Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:49 pm

» good luck weekend
Mob Flyers Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:30 pm

» escaped birds return
Mob Flyers Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:24 pm

» Scandalous .......
Mob Flyers Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
Mob Flyers Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
Mob Flyers Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Mob Flyers Emptyby David Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:25 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Mob Flyers 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 95 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 95 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Mob Flyers Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Mob Flyers Vote_lcapMob Flyers Voting_barMob Flyers Vote_rcap 
David
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222607 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Mob Flyers Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Mob Flyers Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Mob Flyers

Go down 
+2
peel bros
blueskylofts
6 posters
AuthorMessage
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

Mob Flyers Empty
PostSubject: Mob Flyers   Mob Flyers EmptySat Jul 23, 2016 5:21 am

I thought that this subject deserved a bit more 'air time'.

Following on from a comment made on another subject, I thought I would open up the subject of Mob Flying - or People sending lots of birds to a race.

It seems that some people think it is a bad thing.  My comments are:-

If every flyer sent only 10 or so y/bs to a race, all clubs would go bust in a very short time!

What is wrong with sending 100+ birds - the owners have to pay the same per bird as does a person only sending 5 birds - there is no discount for bulk sending!

On the continent, it is quite normal for people to send upwards of 80 Y/Bs - We know Old birds are a bit different.

I used to send between 50 and 80 young birds to the first few races - that soon sorts out the rubbish.

Would you rather win (or get a good place) in a race with only 140 birds competing - or one with 3,000 birds? I know which one I would want to win - the one with three thousand birds!

If someone wants to breed 60 + young birds for themselves to race - what are they supposed to do. When I raced, I sent EVERY young bird I had to EVERY race. If you only send half of what you have, how do you know which ones are the best.

In order to improve the quality of the birds in your loft - firstly you need to choose the BEST birds from your loft. Therefore you MUST send everything, every week. It is only at the end of the racing season, that you can see which of your pigeons are the best.

I know for a fact that you cannot tell the quality of your birds only by how they do as youngsters. But if you don't send them to every race, you are only selecting from HALF of the full potential of your pigeons.

I rest my case.

As a bye the bye, I have ordered some leg rings from Lambournes this morning. I was surprised that they will take upwards of 14 days to arrive. I guess the guy must have lots of work.

All the very best to everybody who is racing this week. Has anybody started Young bird racing yet?

Phil
Back to top Go down
http://www.philongold.net
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

Mob Flyers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mob Flyers   Mob Flyers EmptySat Jul 23, 2016 6:23 am

I.m a mob flyer simple as that but it's costs be a lot of money to do so and so far this year with only 4 wins I haven't won a penny where as it has cost me hundreds of pounds to send .but again that's my choice and if the birds are not good enough I will still not win
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

Mob Flyers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mob Flyers   Mob Flyers EmptySat Jul 23, 2016 8:55 am

peel bros wrote:
I.m a mob flyer simple as that but it's costs be a lot of money to do so and so far this year with only 4 wins I haven't won a penny where as it has cost me hundreds of pounds to send .but again that's my choice and if the birds are not good enough I will still not win

That is EXACTLY the right way to look at things Ray and the right attitude as far as I am concerned.

This is our sport and our passion - we spend (or should spend) as much time as we can with our birds, feeding our birds, thinking about our birds, training our birds and so on -------.

We put all we have into our pigeons - and some of us hope that they will win and win BIG.  We also plough a LOT of money into our birds, it is great when we get results and can be quite depressing when we don't!

I was lucky, the last time I raced, I won enough money to, at least, pay for their food every year and most of the entry fees.

But then, we have to think of the cost of the birds, the lofts, the travailing costs for training and taking birds to the club house, the cost of other things like loft equipment and any meds we use - or any natural products we choose to use, baskets etc!

"It ALL adds up"!

But we do it because we love it, and the sport.  AND - if we wish to breed 100 young birds and race them all, or have 50 old birds and race them all, then that is up to US.  Plus it helps to fill the panniers and lorries.

So, for me, keep on bringing LOTS of birds to the clubs and let us make a real race of it.

I have a lot of friends in Holland and Belg' and they laugh when they hear of our birdages of 800 to 1,300 birds.  They have to fly against thousands of birds every week.

Those are my thoughts anyway.

Phil
Back to top Go down
http://www.philongold.net
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Mob Flyers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mob Flyers   Mob Flyers EmptySat Jul 23, 2016 9:50 am

we only ever have about 20 ybs but that's my choice due to living in a built up area and respecting neighbours and of course the time to lookafter them properly ...I think partnerships generally fly bigger teams it does not bother me do what you want I am too interested in what I am doing to worry how many birds are in other guys baskets their can only be 1 winner Smile
Back to top Go down
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

Mob Flyers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mob Flyers   Mob Flyers EmptySat Jul 23, 2016 11:06 am

The more the merrier in my view, I would rather be at the top of a result with a decent amount of birds.
People that sent s lot keep the club going.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Mob Flyers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mob Flyers   Mob Flyers EmptySat Jul 23, 2016 12:07 pm

Boosey wrote:
The more the merrier in my view, I would rather be at the top of a result with a decent amount of birds.
People that sent s lot keep the club going.

Your thoughts Boosey Smile Smile may perhaps depend where one sits in the life cycle of pigeon racing I suspect. True story Smile Smile A long time chook farmer here Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes 3 race teams at one stage, has now cut back to one team only & he is not happy lol! lol! lol! with those that wish to continue on as he did in his old ways & he is now jumping up & down Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes for a rule change here to bring them around to his way of thinking Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Mob Flyers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mob Flyers   Mob Flyers EmptySat Jul 23, 2016 12:31 pm

I wouldn't say we have any mob flyers in our club, not who send 80`s and 100`s type of thing......I do think mob flying seems to go in areas I think, up north areas tend to empty the lofts every week... lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

Mob Flyers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mob Flyers   Mob Flyers EmptySat Jul 23, 2016 3:06 pm

Well said lads .we all have different reasons and I agree with darren. Worry about your own birds not bloody others
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Mob Flyers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mob Flyers   Mob Flyers EmptySun Jul 24, 2016 9:19 am

peel bros wrote:
Well said lads .we all have different reasons and I agree with darren. Worry about your own birds not bloody others

One of the power brokers here Ray Smile Smile "Old toss partner" Wink Wink was telling me Saturday how the move is on to curtail the chook farmers here with their big numbers etc. When I mentioned Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes where was the extra revenue  going to come from to compensate for the lost birdage from them etc the room went silent & Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes lol! lol! lol! I felt as if I had stepped on a land mine for punishment, for asking the wrong question/query Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Mob Flyers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mob Flyers   Mob Flyers EmptySun Jul 24, 2016 11:35 am

Knackered wrote:
peel bros wrote:

One of the power brokers here Ray Smile Smile "Old toss partner" Wink Wink was telling me Saturday how the move is on to curtail the chook farmers here with their big numbers etc. When I mentioned Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes where was the extra revenue  going to come from to compensate for the lost birdage from them etc the room went silent & Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes lol! lol! lol! I felt as if I had stepped on a land mine for punishment, for asking the wrong question/query Wink Wink. cheers

I know that landmine feeling lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Mob Flyers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mob Flyers   Mob Flyers EmptyMon Jul 25, 2016 7:07 am

oldstrain wrote:
Knackered wrote:
peel bros wrote:

I know that landmine feeling lol! lol! lol!

lol!lol!lol! That's the type of punishment Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes O/S Smile Smile one can get/receive at times bounce bounce if one questions the power brokers, about their intentions etc & you don't go along with there thought process as such Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mob Flyers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mob Flyers   Mob Flyers Empty

Back to top Go down

Mob Flyers
Page 1 of 1