Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
loft alterations Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 7:23 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
loft alterations Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 7:13 pm

» Good Morning
loft alterations Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 5:15 pm

» escaped birds return
loft alterations Emptyby David Yesterday at 1:51 pm

» good luck weekend
loft alterations Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 9:16 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
loft alterations Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:49 pm

» Scandalous .......
loft alterations Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
loft alterations Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
loft alterations Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) loft alterations 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 94 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 94 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.loft alterations Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
loft alterations Vote_lcaploft alterations Voting_barloft alterations Vote_rcap 
David
Knackered
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222679 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
loft alterations Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
loft alterations Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

loft alterations

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

loft alterations Empty
PostSubject: loft alterations   loft alterations EmptyWed Sep 07, 2016 8:08 pm

going to make 2 panels and 2 doors tomorrow, so I can fit a new corridor in middle loft , this will be fitted after moulting along with 8 nest boxes , I shall put the doors on sliders , this will give me better control over the residents , I also intend to make a tunnel from that loft to the one next door, so I can run my hens through when required , less stressfull than catching them . Basketball cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

loft alterations Empty
PostSubject: Re: loft alterations   loft alterations EmptyWed Sep 07, 2016 8:33 pm

yes its all about making things easier edgie, and running smoothly...my loft im putting up shortly will be 8ft wide to include a 2ft corridor, im hoping once its built I can join the other lofts to it so im not getting soaked again all winter.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

loft alterations Empty
PostSubject: Re: loft alterations   loft alterations EmptyWed Sep 07, 2016 8:53 pm

thinking of putting just a 2 foot flight on front of yb loft ...Christ I will be able to touch the loft from me bed lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

loft alterations Empty
PostSubject: Re: loft alterations   loft alterations EmptyWed Sep 07, 2016 8:56 pm

I think we would all have them in the bedroom with us if we could Darren...imagine box perches on the walls... lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

loft alterations Empty
PostSubject: Re: loft alterations   loft alterations EmptyWed Sep 07, 2016 8:58 pm

time to shift the wifes mills and boon lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

loft alterations Empty
PostSubject: Re: loft alterations   loft alterations EmptyWed Sep 07, 2016 9:01 pm

yes those shelves would make ideal box perches eh... lol! lol!

I remember an old film a few years ago, think it was called walter or something like that......anyway has mam died and he left her in the bed and brought his pigeons into the bedroom.....there was pigeon sh**e all over the place... lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

loft alterations Empty
PostSubject: Re: loft alterations   loft alterations EmptyWed Sep 07, 2016 10:33 pm

yes I remember that lol!
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

loft alterations Empty
PostSubject: Re: loft alterations   loft alterations EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 7:31 am

I think I might have them in the house if I got the chance... cheers lol!
Back to top Go down
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

loft alterations Empty
PostSubject: Re: loft alterations   loft alterations EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 7:42 am

the pakies do in Bradford they have them in the lofts at the top of the house , fly them out through sky lights , they fly the flying tipplers and compete for big money ? cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

loft alterations Empty
PostSubject: Re: loft alterations   loft alterations EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 8:25 am

yes I know they are into the tipplers, rollers, high flyers type of thing.....didn't know they had them in the house though, its a bit like the belgiums eh ?
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

loft alterations Empty
PostSubject: Re: loft alterations   loft alterations EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 9:21 am

I have suggested a loft conversion for the pigeons but it never went down well with her indoors queen Mad ....cant for the life of me think why No lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

loft alterations Empty
PostSubject: Re: loft alterations   loft alterations EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 9:38 am

yeah I mentioned it in a jokey sort of way, but she wasn't keen on the idea... lol!

im now working on her to put this new loft on top of the garage roof........ scratch study lol!
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

loft alterations Empty
PostSubject: Re: loft alterations   loft alterations EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 9:46 am

I wanted a double storey loft but the council said no ...great idea and set up if you can do it
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

loft alterations Empty
PostSubject: Re: loft alterations   loft alterations EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 10:09 am

yes a fancier in my club who lives at the end of my street has a double storey loft, he must have had it for around 30 years and its still going strong, originally it was a standard loft which he built another floor above him self...I`d love to have one like it.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

loft alterations Empty
PostSubject: Re: loft alterations   loft alterations EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 10:36 am

yes pull the ladder up total bird sanctuary Laughing
Back to top Go down
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

loft alterations Empty
PostSubject: Re: loft alterations   loft alterations EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 11:08 am

I would need a stair lift now lol!
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

loft alterations Empty
PostSubject: Re: loft alterations   loft alterations EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 4:31 pm

If I had the money I would be putting a corridor on my loft but too expensive and a lot of work
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

loft alterations Empty
PostSubject: Re: loft alterations   loft alterations EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 5:49 pm

We bought a load of timber today to make a store place and a sort of 'Short term' section.

So there is a lot of work in front of us.  I am trusting it is not going to rain.

A very tired,
Phil
Back to top Go down
http://www.philongold.net
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

loft alterations Empty
PostSubject: Re: loft alterations   loft alterations EmptyFri Sep 09, 2016 8:58 am

well the corridor sections are made , all I have to do now is fit them , after the moult , think I will make the tunnel to day if I get the time . Basketball cheers
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

loft alterations Empty
PostSubject: Re: loft alterations   loft alterations EmptyFri Sep 09, 2016 9:02 am

edgie wrote:
well the corridor sections are made , all I have to do now is fit them , after the moult , think I will make the tunnel to day if I get the time . Basketball cheers
It's all sounding very sexy Edgie.

We have hit a bit of a snag - our table saw have just burnt out.

Phil
Back to top Go down
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

loft alterations Empty
PostSubject: Re: loft alterations   loft alterations EmptyFri Sep 09, 2016 9:05 am

have you not got a hand held rip saw i.e. circular
Back to top Go down
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

loft alterations Empty
PostSubject: Re: loft alterations   loft alterations EmptyFri Sep 09, 2016 9:09 am

if you have one all you have to do is screw a straight edge on where you need to cut and it is just as accurate . hope this helps
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

loft alterations Empty
PostSubject: Re: loft alterations   loft alterations EmptyFri Sep 09, 2016 9:54 am

good luck with the projects lads cheers
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

loft alterations Empty
PostSubject: Re: loft alterations   loft alterations EmptyFri Sep 09, 2016 10:44 am

edgie wrote:
if you have one all you have to do is screw a straight edge on where you need to cut and it is just as accurate . hope this helps
We are just off to buy a new table saw.

Thanks for the info though.

Phil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

loft alterations Empty
PostSubject: Re: loft alterations   loft alterations Empty

Back to top Go down

loft alterations
Page 1 of 1