Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
If you could only  Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:35 am

» Scandalous .......
If you could only  Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
If you could only  Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
If you could only  Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
If you could only  Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:25 pm

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
If you could only  Emptyby David Yesterday at 12:38 pm

» Good Morning
If you could only  Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 11:19 am

» Morgan's new job
If you could only  Emptyby Knackered Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:43 pm

» Another find
If you could only  Emptyby David Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:14 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) If you could only  20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 97 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 97 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.If you could only  Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
If you could only  Vote_lcapIf you could only  Voting_barIf you could only  Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
If you could only  Vote_lcapIf you could only  Voting_barIf you could only  Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222577 messages in 14000 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
If you could only  Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
If you could only  Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

If you could only

Go down 
+5
markevans
barnie
oldstrain
David
phil411
9 posters
AuthorMessage
phil411
Youngbird
Youngbird
phil411

If you could only  Empty
PostSubject: If you could only    If you could only  EmptyWed Nov 30, 2016 9:27 pm

Hi lads if it come to it and you only have room to race 12 birds what sex would you fly and why
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

If you could only  Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you could only    If you could only  EmptyWed Nov 30, 2016 10:06 pm

hi phil, why not 6 of each...? you could race widowhood or natural.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

If you could only  Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you could only    If you could only  EmptyThu Dec 01, 2016 10:09 am

what size set up phil ...you could race celibate either sex or 6 of each on roundabout
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

If you could only  Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you could only    If you could only  EmptyThu Dec 01, 2016 10:42 am

Before I packed in due to work shifts, family etc, I tried to hang on to pigeons by keeping 6 racing cocks (inland up to 260 mls only) and 6 hens which didn't race. That was it 12 pigeons total.
They weren't trained or raced as YB's, settled to new home as yearlings then trained maybe up to 35 miles approx. but usually single up, and not raced till 2 year olds.
Had 3 x 1sts club plus 2nd, 4th and 7th fed and several other decent positions in good competition. Finished season with 4 out of the 6.
So answer to your question this is what I'd do as I've seen it work for me anyway.
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

If you could only  Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you could only    If you could only  EmptyThu Dec 01, 2016 6:11 pm

Are we talking 6 boxes 6 paired or 12 boxes is 12 cocks if so natural and race the 12 hens as well and double your team
Back to top Go down
phil411
Youngbird
Youngbird
phil411

If you could only  Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you could only    If you could only  EmptyThu Dec 01, 2016 11:09 pm

I'm sorted I've room to race 12 pair it was just wondering what other people would say lol I've set up for 12 pair and and six by six for 20 young birds
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

If you could only  Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you could only    If you could only  EmptyFri Dec 02, 2016 5:41 am

phil411 wrote:
I'm sorted I've room to race 12 pair it was just wondering what other people would say lol I've set up for 12 pair and and six by six for 20 young birds

Hi Phil

This is another Phil here - blueskylofts.

I was extremely busy building our new loft when you joined (you might have seen my latest postings) and never got the chance to welcome you.

However - from one Phil to another - WELCOME. It is great to see that you are contributing already. That is just what we need on this forum - members that 'put in' as well as take out.

Cheers Buddy.

Phil
Back to top Go down
http://www.philongold.net
phil411
Youngbird
Youngbird
phil411

If you could only  Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you could only    If you could only  EmptyFri Dec 02, 2016 3:29 pm

Hiya Phil and thanks for the welcome yeah I've seen you post and I've been member for few years I use to fly in partnership but come on my own and now I've moved from allotments and come behind the house bounce
Back to top Go down
redrog
Youngbird
Youngbird
redrog

If you could only  Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you could only    If you could only  EmptyFri Dec 02, 2016 5:45 pm

if I had to pick one sex phil it would deffo be hens. personally I find em lot easier all round, my mate swears cocks and tops fed regular. each to their own I guess
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

If you could only  Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you could only    If you could only  EmptyFri Dec 02, 2016 9:07 pm

12 pair? Mate 3 pair then a week later another 3 and so on until all mated. Gives you a lot of flexibility come race season. ie. 10 day eggs, hatching young etc etc,. Just a suggestion.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

If you could only  Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you could only    If you could only  EmptySat Dec 03, 2016 8:49 pm

blueskylofts wrote:
phil411 wrote:

Hi  Phil

This is another Phil here - blueskylofts.

I was extremely busy building our new loft when you joined (you might have seen my latest postings) and never got the chance to welcome you.

However - from one Phil to another - WELCOME.  It is great to see that you are contributing already.  That is just what we need on this forum - members that 'put in' as well as take out.

Cheers Buddy.

I`ll second that bluesky, weve had a few over the years like that.... Suspect  Suspect

Back to top Go down
jonD
Chipping
Chipping

If you could only  Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you could only    If you could only  EmptyWed Dec 07, 2016 8:48 pm

for me it would be 12 cks on widowhood no other way for me
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

If you could only  Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you could only    If you could only  EmptyThu Dec 08, 2016 2:30 pm

I think I would be the same if I could, about 12 pair...
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

If you could only  Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you could only    If you could only  EmptyThu Dec 08, 2016 7:10 pm

I would love to come down to 12/14 pairs but do we really won't to is the question
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

If you could only  Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you could only    If you could only  EmptyThu Dec 08, 2016 7:40 pm

in an ideal world yes I would mark, but I personally couldn't do it.....I`m too soft with them and treat them as pets....I suppose I should have never let them get to this many, and controlled the numbers more when I could. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

If you could only  Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you could only    If you could only  EmptyThu Dec 08, 2016 7:47 pm

Dave that's the same problem with me treat them as pets a lot of old birds 10/12/14 years of age still filling their eggs most of um
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

If you could only  Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you could only    If you could only  EmptyThu Dec 08, 2016 7:55 pm

yes me too mark, got 11,1,2 and 13 year olds and its hard when ive had them for so long, they would be no good to anyone else.......although all what I have are still filling eggs and hatching them...i1ll have a 12 year old hen who was still hatching ybs last season, and I`m hoping she will do in 2017 too.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

If you could only  Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you could only    If you could only  EmptyFri Dec 09, 2016 9:11 am

so long as you enjoy yer pigeons that's all that matters lads ,i hate it when guys flippantly talk of culling birds ,yes we all have to but it is not nice and don't need to be said at all .theirs no discussion in it for me ...i got 3...8 year old cocks here all have cards but their finished now so will use them as feeders and switch eggs under them these birds did me proud and gave me a lot of enjoyment so they can have a box Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

If you could only  Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you could only    If you could only  Empty

Back to top Go down

If you could only
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Racing Pigeons,Show & Fancy Pigeons :: Message Forum :: General Discussions-
Jump to: