Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
Barkston Ash Fed Results ... Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 5:08 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
Barkston Ash Fed Results ... Emptyby David Today at 11:48 am

» Weather today
Barkston Ash Fed Results ... Emptyby David Today at 10:31 am

» BHW Subscriptions
Barkston Ash Fed Results ... Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
Barkston Ash Fed Results ... Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
Barkston Ash Fed Results ... Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Barkston Ash Fed Results ... Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Barkston Ash Fed Results ... Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» Scandalous .......
Barkston Ash Fed Results ... Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Barkston Ash Fed Results ... 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 57 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 56 Guests :: 2 Bots

barnie

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Barkston Ash Fed Results ... Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Barkston Ash Fed Results ... Vote_lcapBarkston Ash Fed Results ... Voting_barBarkston Ash Fed Results ... Vote_rcap 
David
Barkston Ash Fed Results ... Vote_lcapBarkston Ash Fed Results ... Voting_barBarkston Ash Fed Results ... Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222795 messages in 14005 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Barkston Ash Fed Results ... Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Barkston Ash Fed Results ... Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Barkston Ash Fed Results ...

Go down 
+4
halcanada
Knackered
redrog
David
8 posters
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Barkston Ash Fed Results ... Empty
PostSubject: Barkston Ash Fed Results ...   Barkston Ash Fed Results ... EmptyTue May 16, 2017 10:20 am

as members know ive been posting our weekly club results up on site, its obvious the winners are between three main members, plus the odd member who creeps in now and then......but looking through the fed results I notice none of our winners each week have even made the top 30 in the barkston ash fed in all six races so far........the winners each week are always in the same club/area, do members have any thoughts on this, as I don't particularly think they are better pigeon men or have better birds than my club members who win the club...

is it favourable conditions, ie wind, drag etc....?

whats yer thoughts
Back to top Go down
redrog
Youngbird
Youngbird
redrog

PostSubject: Re: Barkston Ash Fed Results ...   Barkston Ash Fed Results ... EmptyTue May 16, 2017 12:21 pm

definitely drag and position matter, our club is first drop in fed and i'm first drop in club, years ago the pull was up here as there were 40 to 50 lofts in village now there's 10, overfly is a killer but there has been recent winners "out of turn" up here but I think the birds were exceptional, as these birds fizzled out so did results, for us to top fed we need to fly exceptionally were as others on the line of the pull just need to fly well, might sound like sour grapes and such but it's the way it is, it's an opinion that cam be argued all day but I feel it affects fed results in our club
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Barkston Ash Fed Results ...   Barkston Ash Fed Results ... EmptyTue May 16, 2017 2:25 pm

yes I agree redrog, I cant remember a time when anyone in my club or another local club have topped this fed...highest I can recall is about 4th, but that was in a favourable wind and conditions by what I can remember.
Back to top Go down
redrog
Youngbird
Youngbird
redrog

PostSubject: Re: Barkston Ash Fed Results ...   Barkston Ash Fed Results ... EmptyTue May 16, 2017 4:18 pm

david I am going to try and toss mine in singles from a point only 4miles to try a get mine to break and hold from there to loft, it is probably 5-6 miles off there drag line to the boys in Wrexham, not holding my breath on cuurent birds but this years y/b will come back to that point after got a bit of mileage in them. probably pissing against wind but see what happens
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Barkston Ash Fed Results ...   Barkston Ash Fed Results ... EmptyWed May 17, 2017 2:36 am

redrog wrote:
david I am going to try and toss mine in singles from a point only 4miles to try a get mine to break and hold from there to loft, it is probably 5-6 miles off there drag line to the boys in Wrexham, not holding my breath on cuurent birds but this years y/b will come back to that point after got a bit of mileage in them. probably pissing against wind but see what happens
One can but try Redrog Smile Smile. But pissing into the wind etc Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes on  average is apt I would say, especially in sprint type races as such. If one was to ask the guru type flyers in my local area here, is position & wind a factor in the end result & makes a differance, they would answer NO, no no Wink Wink. But then ask them to shift 20/30 miles north of where they are Smile Smile & the answer would be No, no no  lol! lol! lol! I'm not that silly/stupid etc I want to win at all cost as such. cheers
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: Barkston Ash Fed Results ...   Barkston Ash Fed Results ... EmptyWed May 17, 2017 8:24 am

Does wind and drag affect results? Of course! However they have less effect as the distance increases and especially in bad weather. Nowadays seems speed races are the normal races. Up to 250 miles. Fractions of seconds count. Here anyways. No longer have a 600, or a 500. Won at both those stations previously more than once. heck, a 400 miler to my location is 320 to the lofts on the short end. Even in my club I have a 60 km overfly on the shortest guy. I am not complaining at all. I have more respect for a bird from the distance than one from the short end.Sadly those days are gone or going. I judge a pigeon by hours on the wing and reasonable speed and consistency. However each to their own.
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

PostSubject: Re: Barkston Ash Fed Results ...   Barkston Ash Fed Results ... EmptyWed May 17, 2017 8:30 pm

Its all down to position if you don't have the drag of the fed or wind direction then for get it
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Barkston Ash Fed Results ...   Barkston Ash Fed Results ... EmptyWed May 17, 2017 9:05 pm

I think our club flew with the gya, but changed to go with barkston ash about 4 or 5 years ago..........I wonder why ? Suspect Suspect scratch
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Barkston Ash Fed Results ...   Barkston Ash Fed Results ... EmptyThu May 18, 2017 7:04 am

the lads near the river do the damage in our organisation ...drag/position is ideal
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: Barkston Ash Fed Results ...   Barkston Ash Fed Results ... EmptyThu May 18, 2017 6:10 pm

redrog wrote:

Just my opinion but I wouldn't single them up .try 2 at a time so they race each other back
Back to top Go down
redrog
Youngbird
Youngbird
redrog

PostSubject: Re: Barkston Ash Fed Results ...   Barkston Ash Fed Results ... EmptyThu May 18, 2017 7:02 pm

peel bros wrote:
redrog wrote:

Just my opinion but I wouldn't single them up .try 2 at a time so they race each other back
aye me mate has said the same thing so going with that as soon as this shit weather picks up
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Barkston Ash Fed Results ...   Barkston Ash Fed Results ... EmptyFri May 19, 2017 12:04 am

markevans wrote:
Its all down to position if you don't have the drag of the fed  or wind direction then for get it

Spot on Mark
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Barkston Ash Fed Results ...   Barkston Ash Fed Results ... Empty

Back to top Go down

Barkston Ash Fed Results ...
Page 1 of 1