Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
how much money. - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 2:06 am

» come join us
how much money. - Page 2 Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:21 am

» Weather today
how much money. - Page 2 Emptyby David Yesterday at 9:45 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
how much money. - Page 2 Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
how much money. - Page 2 Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:19 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
how much money. - Page 2 Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
how much money. - Page 2 Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
how much money. - Page 2 Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
how much money. - Page 2 Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) how much money. - Page 2 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 27 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 26 Guests :: 1 Bot

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.how much money. - Page 2 Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
how much money. - Page 2 Vote_lcaphow much money. - Page 2 Voting_barhow much money. - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
David
how much money. - Page 2 Vote_lcaphow much money. - Page 2 Voting_barhow much money. - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222847 messages in 14006 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
how much money. - Page 2 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
how much money. - Page 2 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

how much money.

Go down 
+7
steve1952
peel bros
IANYOUNG
Rene A
Don Webb
David
geordiejen
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

how much money. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: how much money.   how much money. - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 11:40 pm

Yes, but you have to find that fancier first
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: how much money.   how much money. - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 12:44 am

funny really don, when you consider the two extremes.........one man will help in any way he could, whereas another wouldnt help if they could.......
Back to top Go down
steve1952
Youngbird
Youngbird
steve1952

PostSubject: Re: how much money.   how much money. - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 6:37 am

Don Webb wrote:
Yes, but you have to find that fancier first
theres some top ones on here Don, i found that out, on forums they say ask i havent i got nothing, i didnt ask here but i got a lot
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: how much money.   how much money. - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 9:40 pm

you cant do pigeon racing by halves its got to be all in or nothing iam afraid it is exspensive but a worth while hobby cant moan about the cost just get on with it and enjoy them
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: how much money.   how much money. - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 10:59 am

will agree with you on that one Steve

This is a top site and getting better
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: how much money.   how much money. - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 6:40 pm

we can still moan and do, but we have to get on with it like you said ian
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: how much money.   how much money. - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 9:27 pm

as i only fly in the NFC my first race is st, malo it,s about 180 to me but i
have to pay £ 3.50 abird i was helping put the birds through one year in exeter
marking station and one local flyer to me sent 30 birds pooled 3 or 4 birds and his total
was nearly a £ 1,000 and his words were it,s only money . good luck to him i say , i must say ive
beaten him on a few ocations with 4 or 5 birds .
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: how much money.   how much money. - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 10:22 pm

thats right kev take his money........ Very Happy did he ever do much sending all these birds? i know pigeon racing isnt cheap nowadays but with that sort of money you need a return on it dont you scratch
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: how much money.   how much money. - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 10:34 pm

DAVID wrote:
thats right kev take his money........ Very Happy did he ever do much sending all these birds? i know pigeon racing isnt cheap nowadays but with that sort of money you need a return on it dont you scratch
yes david he,s a top flyer he gets in the top ten in the open result on a regular
basis when the winds in our favour ie east wind .
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: how much money.   how much money. - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 10:38 pm

suppose the money will be of secondry importance if hes doing well then,is it good prize money if/when he wins......?
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: how much money.   how much money. - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 10:57 pm

DAVID wrote:
suppose the money will be of secondry importance if hes doing well then,is it good prize money if/when he wins......?
the open prize money in the NFC is not that good , but if you get your pool pigeon well up in the open or section then depending how much you put on it in the first place you can win big money but to win big money it means putting big money on your birds so you have to be supper confident to do that you can pool up to £40 and to pool to the £40 will cost you £65 for one pigeon .
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: how much money.   how much money. - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 11:15 pm

Hi Kev welcome to the site, hope you enjoy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: how much money.   how much money. - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 11:20 pm

Must say for a national win is good but when you look at the money won it is really poor

When Trevor Durrow won the saintes NFC his pigeon had no pools the total money won for 1st national was with open and section money was only about £35

Very poor when you consider in gold ring races you can win £6,000 for 1st prize and that is with no pools
Back to top Go down
Paul
Hatchling
Hatchling
Paul

PostSubject: Re: how much money.   how much money. - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 8:25 pm

I remember starting in 89 with a few young uns, I was on the dole so the birds kept me busy and I sent a few, nowadays think the cost all round has gone up too much, if it was the same in 89 would have ended up 'lending' the child benefit to pay for the birds lol! lol! no wonder the sports struggling to attract new blood
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: how much money.   how much money. - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 8:29 pm

yes i agree paul but you cant stand still you have to keep up with the so called big boys unfortunately your right its not a cheep hobby anymore scratch
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: how much money.   how much money. - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 8:36 pm

Paul wrote:
I remember starting in 89 with a few young uns, I was on the dole so the birds kept me busy and I sent a few, nowadays think the cost all round has gone up too much, if it was the same in 89 would have ended up 'lending' the child benefit to pay for the birds lol! lol! no wonder the sports struggling to attract new blood

i think there are a lot more reasons why pigeon racing has gone down in popularity over the years, not just because of expence but due to the general running of the country.....what with do gooders and the likes of the rspb protecting these bop/hawks etc the whole uk has gone mad, plus our traditions and values are being destroyed every day...........
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: how much money.   how much money. - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 10:52 pm

Your right there David Very Happy
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: how much money.   how much money. - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 7:10 am

you cant be blaming the bop its down to money and lack of interest with kids today thats all
Back to top Go down
steve1952
Youngbird
Youngbird
steve1952

PostSubject: Re: how much money.   how much money. - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 7:16 am

ian wrote:
you cant be blaming the bop its down to money and lack of interest with kids today thats all
maggie thatcher started downfall in pigeons, closing pits majority of pigeon men were miners
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: how much money.   how much money. - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 7:17 am

never thought of that
Back to top Go down
steve1952
Youngbird
Youngbird
steve1952

PostSubject: Re: how much money.   how much money. - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 7:23 am

men working in docks and fishermen up north a lot were same pigeon men, still very big with pigeons up north but not like it was before maggie got in
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: how much money.   how much money. - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 8:11 pm

ian wrote:

you only need to read in the bhw and rp weeklys every week to see how sickened off some fanciers are because of their pigeons being slaughtered on a daily basis, these are the sort of comments the rspb love people to think as it coveres up the destruction of not only pigeon racing but birds in general........this is the sort of lies they tell the general public telling them the hawks are not desimating the wild bird population, and with the pulic thinking pigeons are rats with wings its not hard to convince them,
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: how much money.   how much money. - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 8:20 pm

this is only my view david bop have been here all the time it never stopped people racing birds in the 70s and 80s,
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: how much money.   how much money. - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 8:21 pm

steve1952 wrote:
ian wrote:
maggie thatcher started downfall in pigeons, closing pits majority of pigeon men were miners

theres a lot more to the destruction of our way of life and communities than maggie steve, she was the tip of the iceberg........plus the thieving lying scum who are all fighting for power at the moment are worse than maggie ever was.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: how much money.   how much money. - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 8:24 pm

ian wrote:
this is only my view david bop have been here all the time it never stopped people racing birds in the 70s and 80s,
true ian, but never on this scale.............and never given nesting boxes and a license to do what they want.....and also, never employed gy the local councils.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how much money.   how much money. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

how much money.
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next