Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
Cheap Pigeon lofts on Ebay.... Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 5:08 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
Cheap Pigeon lofts on Ebay.... Emptyby David Today at 11:48 am

» Weather today
Cheap Pigeon lofts on Ebay.... Emptyby David Today at 10:31 am

» BHW Subscriptions
Cheap Pigeon lofts on Ebay.... Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
Cheap Pigeon lofts on Ebay.... Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
Cheap Pigeon lofts on Ebay.... Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Cheap Pigeon lofts on Ebay.... Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Cheap Pigeon lofts on Ebay.... Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» Scandalous .......
Cheap Pigeon lofts on Ebay.... Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Cheap Pigeon lofts on Ebay.... 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 63 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 63 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Cheap Pigeon lofts on Ebay.... Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Cheap Pigeon lofts on Ebay.... Vote_lcapCheap Pigeon lofts on Ebay.... Voting_barCheap Pigeon lofts on Ebay.... Vote_rcap 
David
Cheap Pigeon lofts on Ebay.... Vote_lcapCheap Pigeon lofts on Ebay.... Voting_barCheap Pigeon lofts on Ebay.... Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222795 messages in 14005 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Cheap Pigeon lofts on Ebay.... Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Cheap Pigeon lofts on Ebay.... Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Cheap Pigeon lofts on Ebay....

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Cheap Pigeon lofts on Ebay.... Empty
PostSubject: Cheap Pigeon lofts on Ebay....   Cheap Pigeon lofts on Ebay.... EmptyThu Oct 12, 2017 11:18 am

Back to top Go down
Lofty
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Pigeon lofts on Ebay....   Cheap Pigeon lofts on Ebay.... EmptyThu Oct 12, 2017 3:01 pm

Couple of bargains to be had there for someone looking to buy a loft
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Pigeon lofts on Ebay....   Cheap Pigeon lofts on Ebay.... EmptyThu Oct 12, 2017 6:56 pm

Used to have a loft like the first one .similar apart the landing board..it was called a kidby loft..I need another one like it with all these new stock I have lol
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Pigeon lofts on Ebay....   Cheap Pigeon lofts on Ebay.... EmptyFri Oct 13, 2017 8:28 am

To be honest, once you start taking a loft down that has not been owned by you and you have found 10 or more screws that will not come out, and you have struggled with the thing for 10 hours or more - Plus broken some bits of wood or have had a problem with sliders etc -

It is much better in the long run to either build or buy a new loft.

I sold two lofts when we left the UK to come to frogland, and even though they were both put together with quality screws not 'brads' from a nail gun like most lofts are put together, and they were made and designed in sections, and I was there to help the guys who bought it - It was a task and a half for the 4 men working on the 2 lofts and it took them 6 hours.

Also - A friend and I have just taken our largest racing loft down, which measured 3 m x 4 m, and a good 75% of it was made from quality marine ply, except the front and a bit of the sides, which were ship lap. It took us a day and a half to totally dismantle and store in our barn.

So, I guess it is a case of 'caveat emptor' - buyer beware! You might be biting off a bit more than you can chew. Plus, once you get it home, which might be difficult in itself, you have got to re-erect the thing and, for sure, it will not go back together the way it originally was. And that is even if you remember to number everything!

Just my thoughts on this matter.

Phil
Back to top Go down
http://www.philongold.net
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Pigeon lofts on Ebay....   Cheap Pigeon lofts on Ebay.... EmptyFri Oct 13, 2017 2:46 pm

I think things may be different depending how long the loft has been up, over years screws etc do tend to rust or become hard to remove...some are bolted, which are usually very easy to dismantle.

but I suppose it could come down to how the loft was erected in the first place, some "fire" hundreds of nails and screws into the loft, never giving it a second thought of how, if ever, it will dismantle...my self personally have never had a problem rebuilding second hand lofts, they go up quite easily provided you have help with any lifting, as that for me is the main problem...

this is when a loft is in sections, dismantling and rebuilding a loft someone has made them selves isn't always that easy, as they tend to put nails and screws in places they arnt even needed.... lol!

I`m now in the process of building a new loft my self, and it has saved me a lot of money compared to buying something similar, its cost me around £400 to £450 for all the t & g , 2x2 frame, floor joists and 18ml ply for the floor....I already had the roof trusses and roof tiles, but I suspect if I hadn't have built it my self it would have cost me £1,800 and above to buy something similar.

on the other hand my 18ft loft was bought off ebay second hand for £100, and has served me well for the last 6 years....... cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Lofty
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Pigeon lofts on Ebay....   Cheap Pigeon lofts on Ebay.... EmptyFri Oct 13, 2017 3:37 pm

Luke and myself are going for some big alterations over the winter, the loft that's already there will be moved, at the minute it's at the bottom of the garden facing the house, the fence running down the right hand side is being moved back about 2 feet, then the existing loft is going to be put there and will then be facing south east, on the opposite side of the garden and facing the existing loft will be our new build, Luke has managed to blag a load of 18mm ply, 70"x48", 30 sheets of it , also next to where he works manufacture roof trusses, so he's only gone and blagged some 3"X1and a half inch 50 X 10ft for £20 , so loads of work planned for the winter, back, sides , roof and floor is easy, still unsure of what the front will look like yet regards trapping and doors, inside we are thinking 2 X 48" sections either end with an 8ft section in the middle and use a roundabout system or even for widowhood, undecided yet
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Pigeon lofts on Ebay....   Cheap Pigeon lofts on Ebay.... EmptyFri Oct 13, 2017 3:43 pm

sounds good roy, plenty of room........the front design for mine was the main problem, still not sure im happy with it, but its too late now... lol!

good luck with the build, look forward to seeing some pictures........ cheers
Back to top Go down
Lofty
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Pigeon lofts on Ebay....   Cheap Pigeon lofts on Ebay.... EmptyFri Oct 13, 2017 5:06 pm

[quote="David"]sounds good roy, plenty of room........the front design for mine was the main problem, still not sure im happy with it, but its too late now... lol!

good luck with the build, look forward to seeing some pictures........ cheers [/quote

You won't get any pictures off me , lol! , Luke is the man with the tec knowledge to do that stuff so I'll leave it to him, soon as we start will get some pictures of the build
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Pigeon lofts on Ebay....   Cheap Pigeon lofts on Ebay.... EmptyFri Oct 13, 2017 6:51 pm

luke the moonlighter lol! fair shout lads atb with the project keep us up to date wont ya
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Pigeon lofts on Ebay....   Cheap Pigeon lofts on Ebay.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Cheap Pigeon lofts on Ebay....
Page 1 of 1