Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
all these potions. - Page 2 Emptyby David Today at 2:49 pm

» Good Morning
all these potions. - Page 2 Emptyby David Today at 2:48 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
all these potions. - Page 2 Emptyby David Today at 1:35 pm

» APHA Forms .......
all these potions. - Page 2 Emptyby David Fri May 17, 2024 11:38 am

» come join us
all these potions. - Page 2 Emptyby David Thu May 16, 2024 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
all these potions. - Page 2 Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
all these potions. - Page 2 Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
all these potions. - Page 2 Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
all these potions. - Page 2 Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) all these potions. - Page 2 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 19 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 19 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.all these potions. - Page 2 Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
all these potions. - Page 2 Vote_lcapall these potions. - Page 2 Voting_barall these potions. - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
all these potions. - Page 2 Vote_lcapall these potions. - Page 2 Voting_barall these potions. - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
    Statistics
    We have 1298 registered users
    The newest registered user is Marcdvc11

Our users have posted a total of 222882 messages in 14007 subjects
    Username:
    Password:
    :: I forgot my password
    Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
    all these potions. - Page 2 Winnerofwin
    From Fed Topper to Master Chef
    all these potions. - Page 2 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
    Top posters
    David
    oldstrain
    Don Webb
    Knackered
    peel bros
    IANYOUNG
    MISTY
    George & Morgan
    Gaz b
    birdy2011

all these potions.

Go down 
    +5
    peel bros
    David
    steve1952
    Don Webb
    geordiejen
    9 posters
    Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
    AuthorMessage
    friendsloft
    Youngbird
    Youngbird
    friendsloft

all these potions. - Page 2 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: all these potions.   all these potions. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 8:25 pm

DAVID wrote:
    would just like to point out that every where we look there are potions for this and suppliments for that, all at quite high prices most will agree.........this is because most fanciers are looking for a secret which doesnt exist to make their birds winners. on the other hand when did we last see grit, (which is a must for pigeons) advertised in the same way ???? never or very rarely, thats because grit is cheap and they make very little profit on it............

think about it... geek

Very good point david
    ken
    Back to top Go down
    http://www.freewebs.com/friendsloft/index.htm
    IANYOUNG
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: all these potions.   all these potions. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 8:27 pm

friendsloft wrote:
    Ian after the main treatment i do not treat them again, this is what im saying we have been brain washed into treating them every four weeks, do we need to or is it more money for the manufavctures of these products as its them that tell us u must repeat evry 4 weeks or so,
    Ken
    but a lot of these natural products cost as much and if not more than some of the treatments , everyone to there own , i dont over treat, only when needed, and yes iam a great beleiver in natural products,
    Back to top Go down
    friendsloft
    Youngbird
    Youngbird
    friendsloft

PostSubject: Re: all these potions.   all these potions. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 8:28 pm

have to dissagree there ian natural products are a lot cheaper than the man made products
    Ken
    Back to top Go down
    IANYOUNG
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: all these potions.   all these potions. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 8:29 pm

DAVID wrote:
    would just like to point out that every where we look there are potions for this and suppliments for that, all at quite high prices most will agree.........this is because most fanciers are looking for a secret which doesnt exist to make their birds winners. on the other hand when did we last see grit, (which is a must for pigeons) advertised in the same way ???? never or very rarely, thats because grit is cheap and they make very little profit on it............

think about it... geek
    but can we blame them surely the blame lies with the fancier for paying the prices they ask
    Back to top Go down
    IANYOUNG
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: all these potions.   all these potions. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 8:30 pm

friendsloft wrote:
    have to dissagree there ian natural products are a lot cheaper than the man made products
    Ken
    well theres something we disagree on some natural products are very highly priced
    Back to top Go down
    friendsloft
    Youngbird
    Youngbird
    friendsloft

PostSubject: Re: all these potions.   all these potions. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 8:35 pm

lol! no problem Ian, but i can honestly say ive not found that
    Ken
    Back to top Go down
    David
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    David

PostSubject: Re: all these potions.   all these potions. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 8:35 pm

the manufacturers/suppliers are taking advantage of the fancier because they know they are constantly looking for the potion or suppliment to make them winners, lets face it we all want to win dont we ? winners dont come out of a bottle............... sunny
    Back to top Go down
    IANYOUNG
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: all these potions.   all these potions. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 8:40 pm

ken if your birds go off during the racing season do you get them tested , if you do and the test come back with high canker and cocci count would you then treat , after all your only as clean as the dirtiest member in your club, they will from time to time pick something up out of the baskets,
    Back to top Go down
    friendsloft
    Youngbird
    Youngbird
    friendsloft

PostSubject: Re: all these potions.   all these potions. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 8:47 pm

ian ive been lucky for the want of a better word my birds have not gone down, if the case arose yes i would have them tested, and yes i would treat as prescibed by the vet, Example last year my young birds lost the zest, and they were falling back in racing, but this had nothing to do with ailment, this was infact down to the new corn they were on, it was not giving them enough fuel to compete , after a few phone calls this was put right, so i could easly have treated for something that was not there and would not have helped the birds at all, not all lack of vigar is an ailment does this make sence
    Ken
    Back to top Go down
    IANYOUNG
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: all these potions.   all these potions. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 8:52 pm

yes ken know where your coming from i wont blind treat either would get them tested first if a problem arose
    Back to top Go down
    kev d
    Youngbird
    Youngbird
    kev d

PostSubject: Re: all these potions.   all these potions. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 8:54 pm

hi ian , if the cocci counts and canker are kept at a low level there fine
    they only flare up when put under stress ie, racing breeding . there are many things
    you can give your birds what don,t cost the earth to keep them in check it all
    depends how much you want to win . as i don,t race every week only every 2 week once they start
    racing over the water so mine don,t get over worked . these are some of the things i use bicarbinate of soda ,
    honey , cider vinegar , brewers yeast , lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, garlic, but one thing i all ways do
    is let my water stand over night before the birds drink it .
    Back to top Go down
    IANYOUNG
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: all these potions.   all these potions. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 8:56 pm

but we do put birds under stress by racing them so as you say it will flare up
    Back to top Go down
    IANYOUNG
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: all these potions.   all these potions. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 8:58 pm

what we are saying is treat before season starts then as and when if needed through race season
    Back to top Go down
    IANYOUNG
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: all these potions.   all these potions. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 8:58 pm

use preventitives rather than treatments
    Back to top Go down
    kev d
    Youngbird
    Youngbird
    kev d

PostSubject: Re: all these potions.   all these potions. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 9:03 pm

ian wrote:
    what we are saying is treat before season starts then as and when if needed through race season
    before you treat at the start of the season do you get them them tested first .
    all im saying because i don,t race every week they can be kept at a low level by not going in the basket
    every week , but each to there own all the best kev .
    Back to top Go down
    friendsloft
    Youngbird
    Youngbird
    friendsloft

PostSubject: Re: all these potions.   all these potions. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 9:05 pm

Ian u treat before breeding u may even treat before racing, u are a beliver in cider vinigar and garlic these will help keep the coxi and canker levels low so should be no need to treat but it is down to the individual he know his/her birds
    Ken
    Back to top Go down
    IANYOUNG
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: all these potions.   all these potions. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 9:06 pm

no i dont get them tested before racing starts as i have found that over the years after breeding the cocci count and canker count are high after this so i do them regardless
    Back to top Go down
    kev d
    Youngbird
    Youngbird
    kev d

PostSubject: Re: all these potions.   all these potions. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 9:15 pm

ian wrote:
    no i dont get them tested before racing starts as i have found that over the years after breeding the cocci count and canker count are high after this so i do them regardless
    ian , all im trying to get at if you don,t get them tested you might be treating for nothing and wasting your money . loads of flyers blind treat just because joe bloggs does it im not saying you are but if your birds are flying fine and the droopngs
    are fine and the yb are A1 why treat in the first place . have you ever gone through a season with out treating
    for any thing , i have and i had a realy good season winning cards in the devon and cornwall continental
    club and the NFC so it can be done .
    Back to top Go down
    geordiejen
    Hatchling
    Hatchling
    geordiejen

PostSubject: Re: all these potions.   all these potions. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 10:21 pm

seems to be lots of different views on this guys.my situation is a little different from yours.all my showbirds are confined to a loft and aviary.i do use garlic in the water and a tonic once a week.i also use stuff called adherb which smells like herbs.my intention is to get a good feather condition on the birds and have a stress free moult so i try and move on as many youngsters before the moult starts.i honestly cant say that any of these things help but maybe since nothing nasty happens in the loft then it does work.one thing i can say though is that one season i used that 7 in 1 stuff and its crap.£28.00 for a big bottle and stil have half of it in the garage somewhere.i think its supposed to help boost immune systems.
    Back to top Go down
    David
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    David

PostSubject: Re: all these potions.   all these potions. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 10:43 pm

hi geordiejen, i think the reason there are so many differences of opinion is because we all have our own ideas regarding condition/health/fitness etc.........we dont really know if any of these products actually does any good or enhances performance but if a fancier happens to try something new that year and his birds do well, he will automatcally assume it was this new product which did it....in your case you are wanting to condition your birds for looks in the showpen but racing men are wanting super fitness to win races.

as far as i know there is no fancier who has found a product to turn an average pigeon into a winner, the only thing about addatives might be that they could boost the imune system......... Very Happy
    Back to top Go down
    Don Webb
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: all these potions.   all these potions. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 11:27 pm

The biggest problem is yes we are all brain washed into using this and that, and the only reason for treating is because they hear that 90% of fanciers are treating there birds for this and that just for peace of mind.
    Back to top Go down
    Don Webb
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: all these potions.   all these potions. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 11:27 pm

Should say blind leading the blind lol! lol! lol!
    Back to top Go down
    Don Webb
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: all these potions.   all these potions. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 11:29 pm

At the end of the day you can not beat natural products or as people say what ever is used for human consumption is good for your birds. Very Happy
    Back to top Go down
    Don Webb
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: all these potions.   all these potions. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 11:32 pm

Frank Tasker will tell you if you ask him, he never treats his young birds for anything and he does not even clean the loft out all this to help produce a good immune system

And for me if the immune system is strong then you should have very little problems
    Back to top Go down
    IANYOUNG
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: all these potions.   all these potions. - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 5:49 pm

one a minute don doing well
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: all these potions.   all these potions. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

all these potions.
    Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next