Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» King removes Patronage
Re: this says it  Emptyby David Today at 4:18 pm

» Weather today
Re: this says it  Emptyby David Today at 4:16 pm

» Good Morning
Re: this says it  Emptyby David Today at 11:34 am

» escaped birds return
Re: this says it  Emptyby David Today at 10:25 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Re: this says it  Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Re: this says it  Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» Scandalous .......
Re: this says it  Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
Re: this says it  Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
Re: this says it  Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Re: this says it  20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 69 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 69 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Re: this says it  Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
Re: this says it  Vote_lcapRe: this says it  Voting_barRe: this says it  Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Re: this says it  Vote_lcapRe: this says it  Voting_barRe: this says it  Vote_rcap 
barnie
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222760 messages in 14003 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Re: this says it  Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Re: this says it  Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Re: this says it

Go down 
+4
oldstrain
redrog
David
MISTY
8 posters
AuthorMessage
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Re: this says it  Empty
PostSubject: Re: this says it    Re: this says it  EmptyTue Feb 20, 2018 10:27 am

During over 75 years of involement in the sport there has been numerous theories put forward regrading every aspect.

Red feet, Eyes, colouration, positon in the head, Vent, long, short, tight, loose, Wing, too many to mention, Throat, Back, Tail, Wing, Muscle, Short arm, Long arm, etc; etc;

The truth is that if you look at the pigeons over the years that have actually been consitent performers you will find that there are numerous different pigeons that defy any theory, just as many if not more, that fall do not fall into any theory catorgory.

I  have always looked at it in the manner of two cars, you can have the most expensive car which on the outside looks good etc; and an old banger that on the outside looks rough, but it is what is under the bonnet that counts and it is impossible to tell from the outside.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Re: this says it    Re: this says it  EmptyTue Feb 20, 2018 10:53 am

hi misty, welcome to the forum, nice to see you posting...............

yes, i think a lot of theories, are just that....a theory. i rekon there will be fanciers who do a certain thing, or notice the wing is a certain width/length , and if the bird wins they will assumed its because of this, there are many good winning pigeons that look like streeters, but race very well.....whereas some look very nice that never win a thing.
Back to top Go down
redrog
Youngbird
Youngbird
redrog

PostSubject: Re: Re: this says it    Re: this says it  EmptyTue Feb 20, 2018 11:05 am

David wrote:
hi misty, welcome to the forum, nice to see you posting...............

yes, i think a lot of theories, are just that....a theory.  i rekon there will be fanciers who do a certain thing, or notice the wing is a certain width/length , and if the bird wins they will assumed its because of this, there are many good winning pigeons that look like streeters, but race very well.....whereas some look very nice that never win a thing.
agree misty pal, welcome. yer right david, a pigeon wins and it's all attributed to it's white toe nails violet eye etc. every bird gets its chance here and will never change that, lots will disagree, opinions are personal and on we go Very Happy
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Re: this says it    Re: this says it  EmptyTue Feb 20, 2018 6:38 pm

welcome to the forum misty...I agree with your point of view that whats on the inside far outweighs whats on the outside ,everything gets a chance here although I do have pet hates in pigeons like the tail sticking up in ybs and weak backs atb
Back to top Go down
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

PostSubject: Re: Re: this says it    Re: this says it  EmptyTue Feb 20, 2018 9:30 pm

Your right Misty, a willingness to come home is just as important as body type.
If Arnold Schwarzenegger was jogging home to an empty house, and I live next door to him and you tell me there’s a long legged blond busty Scandinavian woman waiting to give me a massage, I bet I would beat him home. Wink
I helped my Grandad race his youngbirds one season when I was a kid, we had a pigeon that was really long and gangly with a big deep keel that felt really sharp, and it felt like it had hardly any breast muscles, we called it razor because it’s keel was so sharp, it was the best young bird that season and I missed my bus to my Grsndads one week and got there late to find it sitting on the loft, my Grandad couldn’t clock him as he was only partially sighted, it was 2nd Fed and I don’t know how long it had been there.
If I was picking birds by body type, that bird would have been the last one I would have picked.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Re: this says it    Re: this says it  EmptyTue Feb 20, 2018 9:49 pm

so is it the basket thats the judge...? or is it down to the fancier and his/her management...? can a crap fancier ruin a good bird...?
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Re: this says it    Re: this says it  EmptyTue Feb 20, 2018 9:59 pm

Boosey wrote:
Your right Misty, a willingness to come home is just as important as body type.
If Arnold Schwarzenegger was jogging home to an empty house, and I live next door to him and you tell me there’s a long legged blond busty Scandinavian woman waiting to give me a massage, I bet I would beat him home. Wink
I helped my Grandad race his youngbirds one season when I was a kid, we had a pigeon that was really long and gangly with a big deep keel that felt really sharp, and it felt like it had hardly any breast muscles, we called it razor because it’s keel was so sharp, it was the best young bird that season and I missed my bus to my Grsndads one week and got there late to find it sitting on the loft, my Grandad couldn’t clock him as he was only partially sighted, it was 2nd Fed and I don’t know how long it had been there.
If I was picking birds by body type, that bird would have been the last one I would have picked.

what a great yarn cheers just goes to show you cant tell by its cover
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: Re: this says it    Re: this says it  EmptyWed Feb 21, 2018 2:15 am

David wrote:
so is it the basket thats the judge...?  or is it down to the fancier and his/her management...?  can a crap fancier ruin a good bird...?
David. The basket is usually the judge. Crap fanciers usually do not have good birds. Guess why they are crap.
Again a depends question. What distance does a fancier want them to race? Note race not fly. Quite a surge of interest in the UK and Ireland to compete in Barcelona from what I read. Paul Swindell has brought in new birds for the purpose. From Barcelona winners or have placed well. Same as Mike Ganus did. All SA million dollar performers. Paid off for him. Of course Barcelona birds have to cross the English channel  then more water over to Ireland. Birds here in Canada, local clubs also, fly over lakes when they have to. 30 or 40 miles at times according to transmitters they carried last year. Channel should not be a problem, weather permitting. I wish the UK Barcelona fliers the best of luck. It can be done!!!!. Bird clocked in Scotland from that race few years ago.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Re: this says it    Re: this says it  EmptyWed Feb 21, 2018 4:20 am

MISTY wrote:
During over 75 years of involement in the sport there has been numerous theories put forward regrading every aspect.

Red feet, Eyes, colouration, positon in the head, Vent, long, short, tight, loose, Wing, too many to mention, Throat, Back, Tail, Wing, Muscle, Short arm, Long arm, etc; etc;

The truth is that if you look at the pigeons over the years that have actually been consitent performers you will find that there are numerous different pigeons that defy any theory, just as many if not more, that fall do not fall into any theory catorgory.

I  have always looked at it in the manner of two cars, you can have the most expensive car which on the outside looks good etc; and an old banger that on the outside looks rough, but it is what is under the bonnet that counts and it is impossible to tell from the outside.

Regards.
Wise words Misty Smile Smile for your 2nd post etc Wink Wink. Long may your wisdom here continue bounce bounce. Certain people in our sport at times become utterly obsessed with a certain type theory as such from my perspective. Loose focus on the overall picture to their detriment sadly in many cases I would suggest. The spin doctor types also Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes which there are many as you would well know Smile Smile are not big on promoting the kiss type of theory lol! lol! lol! as it would diminish their ego status, much of the time as such Smile Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird
fieldwalker

PostSubject: Re: Re: this says it    Re: this says it  EmptyWed Feb 21, 2018 5:34 am

Sure i read years ago red feet...the real bright red shiney ones was due to lactic acid...
Explains why years ago when as kids we always got south birds in that were flown out almost all had bright shiney feet.
Dont seem to see it as much now maybe because of a higher
Carb diet...
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Re: this says it    Re: this says it  EmptyWed Feb 21, 2018 8:40 am

what about warm feet fieldy...are they a sign of good health, or is it the bird simply just has warm feet...? Suspect Suspect scratch
Back to top Go down
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird
fieldwalker

PostSubject: Re: Re: this says it    Re: this says it  EmptyWed Feb 21, 2018 10:23 am

I like them to have warm feet but dont know if it really matters..
What does is..eye shimmering and handling damp along the breast
That when its at its best..fact.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Re: this says it    Re: this says it  EmptyWed Feb 21, 2018 10:30 am

whats eye shimmering...?
Back to top Go down
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird
fieldwalker

PostSubject: Re: Re: this says it    Re: this says it  EmptyWed Feb 21, 2018 10:38 am

Looks like its shacking rattling in its head...once you notice it you dont forget...
Doesnt mean it will win might be a parcle of s...e but its in the best it
Can get.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Re: this says it    Re: this says it  EmptyWed Feb 21, 2018 10:39 am

you lost me fieldy............ lol!
Back to top Go down
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird
fieldwalker

PostSubject: Re: Re: this says it    Re: this says it  EmptyWed Feb 21, 2018 10:50 am

lol! youl know it when you see it...iv no more discriptive words left study
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: Re: this says it    Re: this says it  EmptyWed Feb 21, 2018 11:54 pm

Shimmering. Bright shiny eye. Glistening. Rattling in the head. Full of confidence, piss and vinegar. Assume so anyway.
Back to top Go down
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

PostSubject: Re: Re: this says it    Re: this says it  EmptyThu Feb 22, 2018 6:39 am

Do you mix the piss and the vinegar Hal, and what’s the percentage of piss to vinegar.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Re: this says it    Re: this says it  Empty

Back to top Go down

Re: this says it
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Racing Pigeons,Show & Fancy Pigeons :: Message Forum :: Ideas and Theories-
Jump to: