Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
Finished the door. Emptyby David Today at 11:34 am

» King removes Patronage
Finished the door. Emptyby David Today at 10:33 am

» Weather today
Finished the door. Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 10:32 am

» escaped birds return
Finished the door. Emptyby David Today at 10:25 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Finished the door. Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Finished the door. Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» Scandalous .......
Finished the door. Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
Finished the door. Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
Finished the door. Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Finished the door. 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 64 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 63 Guests :: 2 Bots

David

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Finished the door. Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Finished the door. Vote_lcapFinished the door. Voting_barFinished the door. Vote_rcap 
David
Finished the door. Vote_lcapFinished the door. Voting_barFinished the door. Vote_rcap 
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222756 messages in 14003 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Finished the door. Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Finished the door. Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Finished the door.

Go down 
+3
oldstrain
David
halcanada
7 posters
AuthorMessage
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

Finished the door. Empty
PostSubject: Finished the door.   Finished the door. EmptyWed Feb 28, 2018 8:55 pm

Stock loft. The wire panels are from a dog cage. Had used them for a small aviary. Nice day today. Snow Friday again but will not stay. Replaced spots of deep litter under perches with shavings plus DE. But a small shovel of soil and pebbles in. They love it! Other traps all ready now. They will be flying soon.
Finished the door. 000_0352
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Finished the door. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finished the door.   Finished the door. EmptyWed Feb 28, 2018 9:47 pm

looking good hal, ive the same set up, have mine open all day long, regardless of weather.......I like the perch idea Very Happy Very Happy cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Finished the door. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finished the door.   Finished the door. EmptyWed Feb 28, 2018 9:52 pm

looking good hal will that be their maiden flight
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

Finished the door. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finished the door.   Finished the door. EmptyWed Feb 28, 2018 9:54 pm

Can't beat a wire door plenty of fresh air and the birds can see out yes good idea making use of both sides of the beam
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

Finished the door. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finished the door.   Finished the door. EmptyWed Feb 28, 2018 11:37 pm

Yes will be their first flight from this loft. They do have a small aviary to get out in. Have a few uprights with perches on. Easy to clean underneath and gives them space. Banded the 29th today. Will wean 6 in a few more days then open it up. Probably put bob wires at the cross beam in the door. It is 4 feet up. Other lofts will go out first in a day or so. Hawks are around as usual so expect losses. Few days of racers flying, stock flying young go out. Will see what they learned in the aviary. Lose them now or lose them later.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Finished the door. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finished the door.   Finished the door. EmptyThu Mar 01, 2018 12:15 am

halcanada wrote:
Yes will be their first flight from this loft. They do have a small aviary to get out in. Have a few uprights with perches on. Easy to clean underneath and gives them space. Banded the 29th today. Will wean 6 in a few more days then open it up. Probably put bob wires at the cross beam in the door. It is 4 feet up. Other lofts will go out first in a day or so. Hawks are around as usual so expect losses. Few days of racers flying, stock flying young go out. Will see what they learned in the aviary. Lose them now or lose them later.
Looking good Hal Smile Smile I suggest thou bounce bounce  a few brick perches there Wink Wink on the floor lol! lol! lol! to give it that homely feel etc Smile Smile.  
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

Finished the door. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finished the door.   Finished the door. EmptyThu Mar 01, 2018 12:22 am

I have 16 boxes. 5 or 6 pair prefer to nest on the floor. I am not regimental. If they prefer the floor fine with me. Some floor nesters are maybe two feet apart. No scalped young or stuff like that.
Back to top Go down
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird
fieldwalker

Finished the door. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finished the door.   Finished the door. EmptyThu Mar 01, 2018 8:07 am

aye,iv got more boxes than pairs in the race loft and still the odd one nests on the floor which
is scraped each day....i always chuck a chunk of straw on the floor for them to play with.
there home do as they like...until racing is nearer.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Finished the door. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finished the door.   Finished the door. EmptyThu Mar 01, 2018 5:35 pm

I put more straw in yesterday, give them something to occupy them selves......I always like those who build a big nest.
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

Finished the door. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finished the door.   Finished the door. EmptyFri Mar 02, 2018 7:41 am

halcanada wrote:
Stock loft. The wire panels are from a dog cage. Had used them for a small aviary. Nice day today. Snow Friday again but will not stay. Replaced spots of deep litter under perches with shavings plus DE. But a small shovel of soil and pebbles in. They love it! Other traps all ready now. They will be flying soon.
Finished the door. 000_0352

Will you have problems with wild birds getting in as the mesh is quite big Hal?

Phil
Back to top Go down
http://www.philongold.net
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

Finished the door. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finished the door.   Finished the door. EmptyFri Mar 02, 2018 2:05 pm

No Phil. Same as the aviary. If they do not a problem.
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

Finished the door. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finished the door.   Finished the door. EmptySat Mar 03, 2018 1:44 am

Look at it this way. If I worried about wild bird contamination I would never let my birds out. The birds go fielding. Drink from puddles if need be. That has never set them back. On a tough weather race and they do have to go down they know what to look for to keep them going.. They get resilient. Not all but the better ones.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Finished the door. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finished the door.   Finished the door. Empty

Back to top Go down

Finished the door.
Page 1 of 1