Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
The Raptor Alliance Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 12:30 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
The Raptor Alliance Emptyby David Today at 11:48 am

» Weather today
The Raptor Alliance Emptyby David Today at 10:31 am

» BHW Subscriptions
The Raptor Alliance Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
The Raptor Alliance Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
The Raptor Alliance Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
The Raptor Alliance Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
The Raptor Alliance Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» Scandalous .......
The Raptor Alliance Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) The Raptor Alliance 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 48 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 46 Guests :: 2 Bots

David, George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.The Raptor Alliance Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
The Raptor Alliance Vote_lcapThe Raptor Alliance Voting_barThe Raptor Alliance Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
The Raptor Alliance Vote_lcapThe Raptor Alliance Voting_barThe Raptor Alliance Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222791 messages in 14005 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
The Raptor Alliance Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
The Raptor Alliance Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

The Raptor Alliance

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

The Raptor Alliance Empty
PostSubject: The Raptor Alliance   The Raptor Alliance EmptyWed Apr 25, 2018 6:34 pm

As previously stated, we have had a few problems with raptors, mainly sparrowhawks. One day, the sparrowhawk attacked our young birds on the loft and had just about got one pinned down on top of the bushes at the side of our loft when I got close enough to scare it away.

Then we had another sparrowhawk attack which scattered the birds everywhere, and then this poor young bird that came back in tatters and had to be destroyed.

We have only just found out about The Raptor Alliance site which you can get a link to from the RPRA site. We have reported the first hawk strike and will report the other two when we get a minute to breathe.

Do other members use the Raptor Alliance site to report hawk strikes? If so, why, and if not, why not? I would have thought it was a no-brainer, reporting that your birds have been attacked by raptors, because that gives the Raptor Alliance more ammunition to go to the powers that be to try and get things changed.

But, we were talking to somebody quite high up in our club the other day, and he said he doesn't bother reporting his raptor attacks because they happen so frequently! To me, that's nuts. The more birds that are reported, in my opinion, the more can be done. Goodness knows, little enough is being done to protect our wonderful creatures, and I would have thought the more attacks that are reported, the merrier.

Phil
Back to top Go down
http://www.philongold.net
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: The Raptor Alliance   The Raptor Alliance EmptyWed Apr 25, 2018 8:20 pm

The Raptor Alliance has been a complete waste of time since day one, as I said to the then General Manager at it's conception.

If you read the proposals for the new legislation, which have been published, even were all the proposals passed it would in no way help the sport.

We shoiuld have, firstly established our existing position under the Human Rights Law, which I sent a copy to the then General Manager and tested a case in court.

You should not go into any situation without first establishing your present position, just common sense sadly lacking in our sport at the top.

The Raptor Alliance has been a waste of time and money from day one, as I told the then General Manager at it's conception.

The new proposals in the new legislation would not help the sports cause if they were all adopted.

The way that the problem should have been approached was by establishing our present position under the Human Rights Act, the relevant section I pointed out to the General Manager.

You, if you have any common sense, do not go into a confrontation regarding the Law until you establish your existing rights under the Law and this can only be done through the courts.

If anyone feels the Alliance will do any good please tell how.
The ONLY WAY THE SPORT WILL BE HELPED REGARDING RAPTORS IS BY REDUCING CONSIDERABLY THEIR NUMBERS and the chances ofthat are nil.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
redrog
Youngbird
Youngbird
redrog

PostSubject: Re: The Raptor Alliance   The Raptor Alliance EmptyWed Apr 25, 2018 10:12 pm

joke pal, reported hawk attack 2years ago daily got nout back. Sparrow hawk goes through here daily and pretty consistent timing wise usually between 10.30 and 1200, 3.30pm till 5.00. four peregrine nests within 3miles, all part and parcel of 21stcentury north wales. until the "natural "balance is returned racing pigeons are easy meal,
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: The Raptor Alliance   The Raptor Alliance EmptyThu Apr 26, 2018 12:49 am

Legistaion will not stop hawk attacks. No legislative body wants to piss off any one. Unproductive to them. No votes..
Have had hawk/falcon attacks here. Few times a week. Plus 4 legged predators.
Raptors are increasing because of do gooders establishing nesting sites etc,. But also fanciers are feeding them easy prey by breeding too many pigeons. Check the history. People bred less and lost less. Raptors always were a problem any way. No way to deal with it at present. However, if I had a loft on an allotment with many other fliers I would let the big fliers always let their birds out first!!
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: The Raptor Alliance   The Raptor Alliance EmptyThu Apr 26, 2018 6:37 am

Well what a stinking shame - you members have made it VERY clear how you all feel about this 'so called' Raptor Alliance!

Because I have not lived in the UK for nearly 15 years, I was under the impression that they were trying to do something. I SHOULD HAVE KNOW BETTER - I guess.

Would it be possible for fanciers to band together - state our case as Misty mentioned and try and get something done.

It is very true - the only way to stop or drastically slow down the amount of attacks by raptors is to REDUCE their numbers. Surly anyone can see that.

But how?

I thought of ringing the RSPB or RSPCA and tell them I had hear of someone breeding pigeons just to feed to bird of prey. When they came round, I would them be able to tell them exactly what happens in reality.

In a way, I am sorry I brought this subject up once again. BUT - something MUST be done and done very soon.

Phil
Back to top Go down
http://www.philongold.net
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: The Raptor Alliance   The Raptor Alliance EmptyThu Apr 26, 2018 7:53 am

ridiculous name for a anti raptor organisation...what brain cell thought this idea up ,probably one who wanted £30,000 a year a office and all the perks that go with it for a part time job of seeming to do something but actually achieving naff all its not a bad wage ...their are ways phil to deal with your predicament
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: The Raptor Alliance   The Raptor Alliance EmptyThu Apr 26, 2018 9:15 am

oldstrain, never looked on the name in particular but when you consider it as you have obviously done it would appear that those involved are in co hoots with the raptors, which may explain a lot.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: The Raptor Alliance   The Raptor Alliance EmptyThu Apr 26, 2018 10:26 am

rspb ,rspca,rpra all in cohoots with one another ...the royal lofts declined a visit from the tv crews in 2016 whats all that about Shocked talk about promoting the sport/hobby Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: The Raptor Alliance   The Raptor Alliance EmptyThu Apr 26, 2018 10:15 pm

I can remember several years ago a fancier was prosecuted for killing a cat that was attacking his pigeons in his loft, along with treating the cat in a cruel manner, the act had been reported by a neighbour friend of the cat owner, who said he had seen the event that happened within the fanciers loft.

The case was thrown out on both counts, the judge pointed out that the person who reported the matter could not possibly have seen what happened in the loft. and the fancier concerned had every right to take reasonable actions to protect his pigeons.

We could have done exactly the same with a test case concerning the sparrow hawk.

I have approached the relevant Government department regarding our possible right to compensation when a protected species causes damage on private property as is the case in the majority of countries.

They said they were sorry for our predicament but there was no present law that required compensation to be paid.

These are the type of actions that should have been persued by the RPRA and not left to individuals.

Regards.

#

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Raptor Alliance   The Raptor Alliance Empty

Back to top Go down

The Raptor Alliance
Page 1 of 1