Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
Changing location Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 5:08 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
Changing location Emptyby David Today at 11:48 am

» Weather today
Changing location Emptyby David Today at 10:31 am

» BHW Subscriptions
Changing location Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
Changing location Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
Changing location Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Changing location Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Changing location Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» Scandalous .......
Changing location Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Changing location 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 60 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 60 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Changing location Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
Changing location Vote_lcapChanging location Voting_barChanging location Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Changing location Vote_lcapChanging location Voting_barChanging location Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222795 messages in 14005 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Changing location Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Changing location Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Changing location

Go down 
+3
David
MISTY
blueskylofts
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

Changing location Empty
PostSubject: Changing location   Changing location EmptySun Dec 30, 2018 10:40 am

Does anyone know what is involved to change one's loft location?

Do I start with the RPRA? I guess the will make a charge, does any body know how much.

We had a slight problem at the beginning of this year - I sent our loft location to the RPRA as I got it from Google Earth. But that was not good in 2 ways.

1. Our club secretary had to send the Lat and Long in (not me).
2. They would not accept Google earth's measurements. They had to go through some rigmarole to change it to OS type measurements.

Very strange that both the National Flying Club and the BICC took out Google Earth coordinates without any problem.

AH well that is the RPRA for you.

Phil
p.s. Thanks Darren for the info on late breeding. That will be very useful in due course.
Back to top Go down
http://www.philongold.net
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Changing location Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changing location   Changing location EmptySun Dec 30, 2018 12:07 pm

Charge for a loft location £3.11 can be easily obtained just by calling up the RPRA site as can any other such wanted information.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

Changing location Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changing location   Changing location EmptySun Dec 30, 2018 12:22 pm

MISTY wrote:
Charge for a loft location £3.11 can be easily obtained just by calling up the RPRA site as can any other such wanted information.

Regards.

Thanks Misty.
Phil
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Changing location Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changing location   Changing location EmptySun Dec 30, 2018 12:50 pm

when you move into a new house wont your club automatically re map you...?
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

Changing location Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changing location   Changing location EmptySun Dec 30, 2018 3:43 pm

David wrote:
when you move into a new house wont your club automatically re map you...?

I have no idea Dave. Not had to do it before you see.

Phil
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Changing location Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changing location   Changing location EmptySun Dec 30, 2018 5:10 pm

me neither phil, but when I joined the sec came out to see where my loft was, I think he stuck a pin in a map....... study
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Changing location Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changing location   Changing location EmptySun Dec 30, 2018 6:55 pm

This location business is real laugh regarding distances.

As is distances as a whole'

Can remember when a fancier would have his/her distances calculated by two clubs and use the longest ones, yes using a pin p***k on a local map.

When you consider some lofts are 40, 50 foot long or more and that races can be won by decimal places making in some cases the distance won by being less than one yard, yes not one yard a minute but by 36 inches and less in total one would have thought, as I have proposed for years that in view of the actual facts it is ridiculous to go to decimal places.

Can remember when distances were all re calculated, if the previous races had been re calculated on the new distances, as I pointed out at the time many WINNERS would have been also rans.

The manner used is not conversant with the distance that would be flown in a straight line and the result should be calculated with that in mind, but then, ??????.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Changing location Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changing location   Changing location EmptySun Dec 30, 2018 9:36 pm

David wrote:
me neither phil, but when I joined the sec came out to see where my loft was, I think he stuck a pin in a map....... study
lol! lol! lol! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Boy oh boy Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes David Wink Wink. One hopes also bounce bounce those doing it didn't have the shakes like I have now here Smile Smile. Remember well here, back in the good old days Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes I had to do a loft once out in the back blocks "black fella type country" & I had use a 200ft tape measure around a windy dirt road of a mile & a half to find the nearest intersection to take the loft measurement etc. Accurate to the nearest yard, I think not Wink Wink but it was the best one could do back then. Today, easy easy Smile Smile they just come around with a GPS tracker & just place it on the landing board as such & its all done in a split second here Smile Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Changing location Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changing location   Changing location EmptySun Dec 30, 2018 10:02 pm

Trouble is Knackered many fanciers have three or four trapping areas and as I have said races can be won by inches.

When you consider all the anomalies involved using decimal places is ludicrous.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Changing location Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changing location   Changing location EmptySun Dec 30, 2018 10:16 pm

MISTY wrote:
Trouble is Knackered many fanciers have three or four trapping areas and as I have said  races can be won by inches.

When you consider all the anomalies involved using decimal places is ludicrous.

Regards.  
True Smile Smile the wise ones thou I suspect Misty Wink Wink look far beyond the Fed winner to gauge an honest result etc on average I suggest. Won a Fed once on the 3rd decimal here "6 ft" took it with a Smile Smile Smile but will always remember as such Wink Wink luck was on my side that day fortunately, compared to the bloke that finished 2nd type of thing Smile Smile.
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

Changing location Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changing location   Changing location EmptyMon Dec 31, 2018 7:29 am

Like a lot of things to do with pigeon racing - Your REAL Loft location is just a figment of someone's imagination!  How can the NFC and BICC etc accept one sort of measurement and other bodies do not - beats me.

Misty is absolutely right - races are won now-a-days by a decimal point and if one has two or three timing pads in a 10 or 15 metre loft, the same bird could win or lose the race, just on which trap it chooses.

It is the same sort of thing with One Loft Races all over the world.  I have watched a few now, and it is very rare that the first bird home, is the first bird through the trap.

Maybe one day some bright spark will design something that takes that into consideration.

Phil

Last edited by blueskylofts on Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

Changing location Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changing location   Changing location EmptyMon Dec 31, 2018 10:46 am

All have to be careful too when a Fancier flies two locations. Or more. Has a 'Partnership' etc. in other locations.

Was a time, and it still stands as I have never heard it being rescinded that ALL winners were to be let out the winning loft next morning. No doubt Misty can confirm either way.

Think that that should be happening regularly and not just when there is a feeling something is just not quite right. Improbable velocity.
Back to top Go down
redrog
Youngbird
Youngbird
redrog

Changing location Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changing location   Changing location EmptyMon Dec 31, 2018 12:56 pm

blueskylofts wrote:
Like a lot of things to do with pigeon racing - Your REAL Loft location is just a figment of someone's imagination!  How can the NFC and BICC etc accept one sort of measurement and other bodies do not - beats me.

Misty is absolutely right - raced are won now-a-days by a decimal point and if one has two or three timing pads in a 10 or 15 metre loft, the same bird could win of loose the race, just on which trap it chooses.

It is the same sort of thing with One Loft Races all over the world.  I have watched a few now, and it is very rare that the first bird home, is the first bird through the trap.

Maybe one day some bright spark will design something that takes that into consideration.

Phil
good luck with that, people still moaning about bobs before or after the pad, rpra accept one way, whu wont, always a bone to chew either way, bird can bomb home and lead for 170miles and its still the last 100foot that counts, had it numerous times "the old bad trap", prefer the channel to sort them and 20 or 30 seconds doesn't always mean a second place or worse, hey ho each to their own Wink
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Changing location Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changing location   Changing location EmptyMon Dec 31, 2018 4:54 pm

Still think is compulsory in many races Daz, release and bird must return into loft to be confirmed as winner.

Long ago over a long period a Captain Cutcliffe and I discussed many aspects of the racing side of the sport all through the BHW.

HOD, and the velocity method.

I pointed out that a velocity is a known distance divided by a known time, neither could be correct in our sport at the present time.

I suggested using a time handicap instead.

Basically you have a central loft whose full time from a race is used, all other lofts have a time handicap either added or subtracted depending on their relationship to the central loft.

Just a simple explanation but there was more involved.

I proved the HOD is a complete nonsense.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Changing location Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changing location   Changing location EmptyMon Dec 31, 2018 5:53 pm

MISTY wrote:
Still think is compulsory  in many races Daz, release and bird must return into loft to be confirmed as winner.

Long ago over a long period a Captain Cutcliffe and I discussed many aspects of the racing side of the sport all  through  the BHW.

HOD, and the velocity method.

I pointed out that a velocity is a known distance divided by a known time, neither could be correct in our sport at the present time.  

I suggested using a time handicap instead.

Basically you have a central loft whose full time from a race is used, all other lofts have a time handicap either added or subtracted depending on their relationship to the central loft.

Just a simple explanation but there was more involved.

I proved the HOD is a complete nonsense.

Regards.

Fair to say Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes I suspect Misty Smile Smile  most know the present type system to gain a winner has faults on average for most flyers etc. Will it change thou Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes some how for the better bounce bounce  I think not Wink Wink I would suggest. cheers
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

Changing location Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changing location   Changing location EmptyMon Dec 31, 2018 6:21 pm

Excuse my ignorance - but what is HOD?

Phil
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Changing location Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changing location   Changing location EmptyMon Dec 31, 2018 6:35 pm

Hours OF Darkness.

The supposed time a pigeon rests in a two day race, when some can make it on theday and others not.

Never met more stupid assumption and explained why giving several instances, (still used.)

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Changing location Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changing location   Changing location EmptyMon Dec 31, 2018 6:44 pm

MISTY wrote:
Hours OF Darkness.

The supposed time a pigeon rests in a two day race, when some can make it on theday and others not.

Never met more stupid assumption and  explained why giving several instances, (still used.)

Regards.
Solve that issue for the benefit of fairness for all etc I suggest Misty Wink Wink & one could print money till eternity I suspect Smile Smile.  cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Changing location Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changing location   Changing location EmptyMon Dec 31, 2018 6:59 pm

Only one fair way, every minute a pigeon is out of the loft and until timed should be counted.

How can one pigeon prove conditions were possible to fly 600 miles on the day and others have any time deducted? flying 400 miles????? etc;

Regards.

Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Changing location Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changing location   Changing location EmptyMon Dec 31, 2018 7:05 pm

MISTY wrote:
Only one fair way, every minute a pigeon is out of the loft and until timed should be counted.

How can one pigeon prove conditions were possible to fly 600 miles on the day and others have any time deducted? flying 400 miles????? etc;

Regards.

Sounds simple, simple I could suggest Misty Smile Smile But Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes where long distance is involved it could/would become a total circus scenario, with the velocities pigeons would be doing on average unfortunately I suggest Smile Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

Changing location Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changing location   Changing location EmptyMon Dec 31, 2018 8:05 pm

I have had the occasional pigeon comein after or right on dark. Beaten by a next day pigeon. Doubt if much will change.
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

Changing location Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changing location   Changing location EmptyMon Dec 31, 2018 9:51 pm

Don't you guys think that we have gotten WAY of the original subject which was 'Changing Loft Location'.

Maybe we should re-Name this set of posts to something like "How many daft people does it take to make rules for pigeon racing".

Phil
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Changing location Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changing location   Changing location EmptyMon Dec 31, 2018 10:09 pm

Would appreciate explanation regarding those remarks, the original heading of a topic is often led away by a comment that results in something far more important than the original.

Think attempting to improve the sport as has been discussed is far more iportant than how to change a location which is not realy mind boggling.

All you have to do act as you did in the first place.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Changing location Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changing location   Changing location EmptyTue Jan 01, 2019 12:36 am

blueskylofts wrote:
Don't you guys think that we have gotten WAY of the original subject which was 'Changing Loft Location'.

Maybe we should re-Name this set of posts to something like "How many daft people does it take to make rules for pigeon racing".

Phil
Maybe, maybe not Phil Smile Smile just the normal way here with the process we have in place I suggest, thankfully. End of the day thou Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes certain wisdom was given at the start of the topic here I suspect & you also have flown pigeons in a local sense as such & also in France Smile Smile to maybe have some idea by now of the procedure required etc. cheers
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Changing location Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changing location   Changing location EmptyTue Jan 01, 2019 12:50 am

halcanada wrote:
I have had the occasional pigeon comein after or right on dark. Beaten by a next day pigeon. Doubt if much will change.
Occasional Wink Wink happens all the time here Hal Smile Smile "night flyers" & more so now I suspect bounce bounce since the electronic cocks have become the fashion etc & also because of the distance factor here, a pigeon on the day/night up till midnight bounce bounce cannot be beating by a pigeon the next day type of thing. Not perfect Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes but much isn't these days I suspect Wink Wink with this caper of ours.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Changing location Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changing location   Changing location Empty

Back to top Go down

Changing location
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next