Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
More Jos Thone birds for FREE Emptyby oldstrain Today at 12:21 pm

» Weather today
More Jos Thone birds for FREE Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 12:09 pm

» King removes Patronage
More Jos Thone birds for FREE Emptyby oldstrain Today at 11:04 am

» York Road & District Results 2024
More Jos Thone birds for FREE Emptyby David Yesterday at 1:35 pm

» APHA Forms .......
More Jos Thone birds for FREE Emptyby David Fri May 17, 2024 11:38 am

» come join us
More Jos Thone birds for FREE Emptyby David Thu May 16, 2024 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
More Jos Thone birds for FREE Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
More Jos Thone birds for FREE Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
More Jos Thone birds for FREE Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) More Jos Thone birds for FREE 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 30 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 30 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.More Jos Thone birds for FREE Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
More Jos Thone birds for FREE Vote_lcapMore Jos Thone birds for FREE Voting_barMore Jos Thone birds for FREE Vote_rcap 
oldstrain
More Jos Thone birds for FREE Vote_lcapMore Jos Thone birds for FREE Voting_barMore Jos Thone birds for FREE Vote_rcap 
David
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1298 registered users
The newest registered user is Marcdvc11

Our users have posted a total of 222893 messages in 14007 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
More Jos Thone birds for FREE Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
More Jos Thone birds for FREE Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

More Jos Thone birds for FREE

Go down 
+5
Daz
David
MISTY
oldstrain
blueskylofts
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

More Jos Thone birds for FREE Empty
PostSubject: More Jos Thone birds for FREE   More Jos Thone birds for FREE EmptyFri Jan 04, 2019 6:06 pm

OK - It has taken us a while to sort things out in our lofts.  We have had lots of other things on our minds like, problems trying to buy a new home, and trying to communicate with conveyancing solicitors after our first vendor went AWOL.

Etc etc.

However -we think we have things sorted out now loft-wise.  And we are left with a few Top Jos Thone birds we have no room for.  All have very good pedigrees, but for the reasons I gave before, we would prefer that someone got good use out of them, instead of selling them.

Again, all we ask is that you give our Grand Children a bit of pocket money.

Right now we have the following birds that need homes.

GB 17 - JT Cock  - Dk Chk - GONE

GB 17 - JT Cock - Chk

GB 17 - JT Cock - Grizzle

GB 16 - JT Hen - Chk

GB 17 - JT Hen - Chk

GB 17 - JT Hen - Chk

GB 17 - JT Hen - Chk

GB 13 - JT Hen - Chk

So there we have it Three Cocks and Five Hens.  All have really good pedigrees and I would be happy to give you more information if you send me a PM.  But if you would like some of these amazing birds, please let me know asap.

Don't be bashful - they are there for the taking.

Phil

Last edited by blueskylofts on Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.philongold.net
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: More Jos Thone birds for FREE   More Jos Thone birds for FREE EmptyFri Jan 04, 2019 8:10 pm

what a fantastic offer ,fair shout guys Wink
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: More Jos Thone birds for FREE   More Jos Thone birds for FREE EmptyFri Jan 04, 2019 8:50 pm

There is no need for anyone wanting to start in the sport and spend thousands of pounds on pigeons when fanciers, and there are quite a few, willing to offer such well bred birds free.

This is the side of the sport that should be advertised and how possible new fanciers can be helped and not making out you have to have a bottomless pocket to start up.

All the present advertising from the prices of everything being of many things not necessary one could be put off before looking into the actual facts.

Hope they go to assist a new comer in the sport rather than a chancer who would advertise them for sale at a later date.

From past experience I would not transfer the pigeons.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: More Jos Thone birds for FREE   More Jos Thone birds for FREE EmptyFri Jan 04, 2019 9:02 pm

great offer phil, just shows we don't always have to pay silly money to get decent birds...... cheers
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: More Jos Thone birds for FREE   More Jos Thone birds for FREE EmptySat Jan 05, 2019 8:33 am

When you get to a certain time/age in one's life, you don't need much. I remember asking my in-laws several times what they wanted for birthdays or Christmas. Nearly every time, they said 'NOTHING, I have all I need'.

At the time, I didn't really understand, but now I do. I am NOT saying I have everything I would like or need, because I need quite a few things and would like a few others.

But the money we have spent on pigeons has gone now. In fact I had a look at the receipts for the birds we are letting go and they were all quite expensive, but that doesn't matter. I would rather give away some quality birds that someone deserving could do something with, than give away rubbish, that will never make anything.

I remember when I first joined this forum, David very kindly gave us a couple of birds. We really got some use out of them. Thanks David.

So, come on you peeps - they are there if you would like them. One cock has already gone to someone that I know will do right by the bird and should breed him some amazing youngsters.

All the very best.

Phil
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: More Jos Thone birds for FREE   More Jos Thone birds for FREE EmptySat Jan 05, 2019 1:41 pm

As the good book says 'There is more happiness in giving than receiving' We see that most days in life, families and friends … and YES with the likes of Phil. Great offer Phil. if only...

Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: More Jos Thone birds for FREE   More Jos Thone birds for FREE EmptySat Jan 05, 2019 4:41 pm

Daz wrote:
As the good book says 'There is more happiness in giving than receiving'  We see that most days in life, families and friends … and YES with the likes of Phil. Great offer Phil. if only...

If only what!

Phil
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: More Jos Thone birds for FREE   More Jos Thone birds for FREE EmptySat Jan 05, 2019 4:44 pm

Found you can get as much pleasure giving pigeons to other fanciers that win and breed winners for them as winning yourself.

Many fanciers help each other and those less well off, it is the commercial side that ruins the sport.

Do not know many fanciers who would not help each other.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: More Jos Thone birds for FREE   More Jos Thone birds for FREE EmptySat Jan 05, 2019 4:46 pm

Think it obvious, if THERE WERE MORE LIKE THAT, and not the other type.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: More Jos Thone birds for FREE   More Jos Thone birds for FREE EmptySat Jan 05, 2019 5:27 pm

We are both Christians and if we can help someone, we will.

I do not want to make money out of something that I could GIVE to someone.

Besides, if the person/people that takes a bird or two, gives our grandchildren a bit of pocket money, as we have asked, the children will get something out of it, and in the end so will Hil (my wife for those who do not know) and I.

Nobody in any of our close family members have pots of money, and it was amazing for me, to see the faces of the grandchildren at Christmas, when they opened what gifts they had been given - mainly because we had ALL thought about what things they would like without spending hundreds and hundreds of pounds.

Misty is absolutely right, when he said the commercial side of pigeons is killing the sport. For me, that is one of the big problems of the sport nowadays. How does one get started in this sport when one doesn't know anybody to begin with, and can only get to know people by being in the sport, joining a club, and competing? You can't get birds given when you don't know anyone who has got birds and, as I have just stated, when you first want to come into the sport, you normally don't know anyone.

When I came back into the sport, many years ago, I was given some young birds by club members, but by then I had had to go out and BUY pigeons to get me started, and it seems to me, as the years go by, people are wanting more and more silly money for completely untried and untested young birds.

For instance, as some of you will know, we have just bought some more stock birds, and we are trusting that they are going to be amazing, but on my journey to find some quality birds for reasonable money I was offered all sorts of 2018 birds, most of them completely untried.

One person I spoke to, who is extremely well-known in the pigeon world, so I won't mention their name, offered me some 2018 very late bred and un-raced or even un-trained young birds for £500 each. Thank goodness a very sensible friend put me right! Or else I might have been stupid enough to part with our extremely hard-come-by money. That should show that even the seasoned ones amongst us can be taken in by the hype of the day.

Lesson learned.

Phil
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: More Jos Thone birds for FREE   More Jos Thone birds for FREE EmptySat Jan 05, 2019 5:45 pm

[quote="blueskylofts"][quote="Daz"]As the good book says 'There is more happiness in giving than receiving'  We see that most days in life, families and friends … and YES with the likes of Phil. Great offer Phil. if only...
TYhere were more like you and your wife Phil.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: More Jos Thone birds for FREE   More Jos Thone birds for FREE EmptySat Jan 05, 2019 11:28 pm

Would never have paid more than a pittance for a young bird, £500, never, choose what it's breeding was.

Choose who breeds them and what the parents did only a VERY SMALL percentage turn out worth keeping.

If the studs who supposedy have all the best pigeons were supplying only winners they would be out of buiness within a couple of years.

Some studs get good reviews by giving fanciers in good locations who have many advantages young birds to race and promote the breed.

If a stud breeds thousands of youngsters then obviously if they go into the right hands some will win but no one mentions the millions sold that end up in town centres or the dust bin.

Many fanciers best pigeons have been either gift birds or exchanges and I think that is the best way to go, in the present climate.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: More Jos Thone birds for FREE   More Jos Thone birds for FREE EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 9:44 am

Pigeon people tell lies! I am sure that is not a revelation to most of us.

Most of them tell lies in order to make money.

This is the kind of thing I mean:-

I went looking for some Van den Bulck pigeons, simply because one of my friends in The Netherlands does really well with their birds and I thought we might give them a go.

Little did I know they were the 'flavour of the month' at the time.

My friend did not have anything suitable for me, so I went looking in other places.

Finally, I found someone in the UK that said they had bought ALL the remaining birds from Van den Bulck, and they were the only people in the UK that had the Van den Bulck pigeons.

They wanted at least £500 EACH for untried youngsters. Children or maybe Grandchildren from the good birds.

There is no way I could or would pay that amount of money, so I carried on looking.

Soon after, I found someone else that said they had the Top Van den Bulck birds in the country and THEY were the ONLY people to have genuine Van den Bulck birds. Their untried young birds were also £500 each.

So in the end, I went back to my friend in Holland and asked his advice. He said, he has a friend in Belgium that is a pigeon man and lives near Dirk, he would see if his mate could speak to Dirk on my behalf.

As things worked out, Mr Van den Bulck had pair of 2016 birds that he would let me have. And there were nothing like £500 for the pair.

The points I am trying to make are:-

1. How come two lots of people 'say' they have the only birds by such and such a fancier, and that is WHY they are so expensive.

2. Why do people want Un-realistic prices for untried birds, anyway.

And finally - I have found out several times, if one is persistent, you can normally get to the bottom of the matter.

I could have very easily, paid nuts money, for birds that may or may not have been the genuine item.

Phil
Back to top Go down
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird
fieldwalker

PostSubject: Re: More Jos Thone birds for FREE   More Jos Thone birds for FREE EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 10:14 am

Supply and demand.
I wouldn't pay £500 for a yb if id won the lotto.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: More Jos Thone birds for FREE   More Jos Thone birds for FREE EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 10:16 am

The reason is fanciers tell porkies, however, the possibility is that THEY have been fooled into thinking they are telling the truth by those whom they obtained them from.

Cannot understand fanciers chasing the latest fads, in every so called breed there are few winners and numerous also rans.

Many fanciers do not give the ones they have a fair chance and end up paying ridiculous prices for inferior birds, it takes several seasons to find out the quality of the ones you have and if you keep chopping and changing the likely hood is that you will always be doing so to no avail.

If Jack is doing very well with a breed and you think he is reliable then get your pigeons from JACK. the horses mouth sort of thing.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: More Jos Thone birds for FREE   More Jos Thone birds for FREE EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 10:24 am

MISTY wrote:
The reason  is fanciers tell porkies, however, the possibility is that THEY have been fooled into thinking they are telling the truth by those whom they obtained them from.

Cannot  understand fanciers chasing the latest fads, in every so called breed there are few winners and numerous also rans.

Many fanciers do not give the ones they have a fair chance and end up paying ridiculous prices for inferior birds, it takes several seasons to find out the quality of the ones you have and if you keep chopping and changing the likely hood is that you will always be doing so to no avail.

If Jack is doing very well with a breed and you think he is reliable then get your pigeons from JACK. the horses mouth sort of thing.

Regards.

Exactly Misty - that is why I went through my fiend to find some new birds.

Phil
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: More Jos Thone birds for FREE   More Jos Thone birds for FREE EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 11:02 am

You know, Alf Baker's birds had a not good reputation regards others not winning or doing well with. He said' You buy the birds, not me'.

Yet his birds flew well and won an international race when going to Belgium.

Just how much is the fancier and how much the bird.

Had a good friend in John Munns. When he sold up, just prior he said to me 'Roly, if you buy my birds you WILL know if it's you or the birds'! He also offered me the 'Pickering Cock. etc.

I never bought into that... had no money any way - somethings never change eh lol.

Any way Frank I get on very well with. Kipps brothers visit him ever September etc. As does Couriman (Spelling) and others. He offer me the complete round of eggs of all the Kipps birds.

Said I to one or two others 'could they put some under their birds' etc. Any way it never happened. Though I did buy in some of his birds later.
I had 5 other National winners
who offered me freebies and good birds and genuine offers.
Now up until 2010 I hard raced. I worked evenings as an entertainer. Of course I travelled the main land. I left early Fridays nigh EVERY week. Would get early mornings Saturday. Bought an E.T. System so I could set up and go bed when home... 3- 4 - 5 in Saturday morning.

I got three club members to drop the birds off too... A load of crap that, none did it. Even had to take my birds back 16 miles to the loft before setting of to London, or where ever.

Now I had these youngsters bred!
What do I do?
I wanted to know what they process regards homing and racing. - I was starting to suffer bad health and took a little earlier retirement.

So they we left on open hole. then as yearlings - or later, the first time in the basket, they went 150 - 200 mile races. I was nigh always in top 6. 29 members. I learned a lot. A lot of what I already knew, or had a good idea of.
It was a time when going bed real early, 7 -8 in evening. Didn't stir to 12 next day. then walked around - like now lol - a zombie. Missed many meetings. Would say yes at 4 -5 that I would be there … but went bed.
Of the six families I had there was none left of one members' birds come 2- 3 year olds. But flew well for him.

When I packed up this mid season after just not able to … well race them You would be surprised regards 'Club Members' interest in my birds and where they were going. Gave 6 youngster to not very good lad flying wise. But a great club man.

Will start a new topic on these happening.

Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: More Jos Thone birds for FREE   More Jos Thone birds for FREE EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 1:21 pm

MISTY wrote:
The reason  is fanciers tell porkies, however, the possibility is that THEY have been fooled into thinking they are telling the truth by those whom they obtained them from.

Cannot  understand fanciers chasing the latest fads, in every so called breed there are few winners and numerous also rans.

Regards.

good post misty pirat
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: More Jos Thone birds for FREE   More Jos Thone birds for FREE EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 1:31 pm

TWO things -

1.  Maybe your right Misty - but I find it hard to believe that these big studs and sellers of large amounts of pigeons are that gullible.

2.  Even though everyone says my give-way is a great idea - NO one has come forward to claim and of these new birds.

One of our members took both of the first two hens - but no one has contacted me yet about this lot.

I will not have any more, after these have gone.

Phil
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: More Jos Thone birds for FREE   More Jos Thone birds for FREE EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 1:40 pm

Put a price of £200 per pigeon and I bet there would be takers (in the BHW or RP)

The pedigrees would sell them.

The fact is that today very few people can believe that others can be genuine in such a sporting way.

But that's folk.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: More Jos Thone birds for FREE   More Jos Thone birds for FREE EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 1:47 pm

As I stated when I first put the posting up -

If anyone is interest in any of the birds - all they have to do is to send me a P.M., let me know which bird/s they are interested in, and I will tell them.

To be honest, I think I am doing enough, giving these top Jos Thone birds away, without going through all my pedigrees to find the right bits of paper.

But I can assure you that ALL these birds have very good pedigrees.

Phil
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: More Jos Thone birds for FREE   More Jos Thone birds for FREE EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 2:44 pm

put them on elimar phil........
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: More Jos Thone birds for FREE   More Jos Thone birds for FREE EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 3:56 pm

Doesn't that defeat the point of the object David.

But maybe I will have to.

I clicked at the top of the page over Elima's advert but nothing happened.

What do I do?

Phil
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: More Jos Thone birds for FREE   More Jos Thone birds for FREE EmptyMon Jan 07, 2019 7:43 am

come on don't be shy ...great offer
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: More Jos Thone birds for FREE   More Jos Thone birds for FREE EmptyMon Jan 07, 2019 8:14 am

Another great offer. Well done
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More Jos Thone birds for FREE   More Jos Thone birds for FREE Empty

Back to top Go down

More Jos Thone birds for FREE
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next