Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
My posts are Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 2:06 am

» come join us
My posts are Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:21 am

» Weather today
My posts are Emptyby David Yesterday at 9:45 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
My posts are Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
My posts are Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:19 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
My posts are Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
My posts are Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
My posts are Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
My posts are Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) My posts are 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.My posts are Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
My posts are Vote_lcapMy posts are Voting_barMy posts are Vote_rcap 
David
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222847 messages in 14006 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
My posts are Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
My posts are Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

My posts are

Go down 
+2
David
Daz
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

My posts are Empty
PostSubject: My posts are   My posts are EmptyThu Feb 07, 2019 10:55 am

differential in two ways. Firstly, in a pigeon debate, topic. or happening I enjoy stating what I LIKE to say or believe! Enjoy the banter etc. and gladly take on board others respected views.

Now when I post things of relevance in my mind, like the Miners and Thatcher, Churchill I don't embellish, or distract. I post the relevant facts that are a proven case. Backed up by the 30 year release via the Freedom Act.
Now how others view it, is fine. Though of course the facts remain.
Others may put forward reasoning of why, or some scenario's as to what of an enlightenment. Fine. May also place aside other scenarios to embellish or distract. Also fine. Even other causes and what could and there fore's etc.
Personally I can honestly say I understand and have no slant at all in these regards.

History of recent times sometimes shock us, then again not! Mother Tereaser for instance was made a Saint by the Roman C. Church after all the atrocities she did / done. If one wants to try and put a defence for her, as hard as it maybe, then fine, so be it. I've read the facts and know what I believe. So it would take a hearty persuation to alter thew course or history to me. My views just in case any ony one is interested lol.

Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

My posts are Empty
PostSubject: Re: My posts are   My posts are EmptyThu Feb 07, 2019 11:23 am

i`m happy to read all posts / topics on the forum, be they pigeon related or otherwise........sometimes theres only so much we can say about pigeons, especially during the winter months when there`s no racing.

re non related pigeon topics, I think most of us have reached the stage in our lives where we already have our own opinions on certain matters, and unless we see prove otherwise, will continue to go along with our own thoughts.

even though I may think some views are wrong or clouded, I still respect others opinions, and still interested to hear them.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

My posts are Empty
PostSubject: Re: My posts are   My posts are EmptyThu Feb 07, 2019 1:34 pm

No one, David, should have a closed mind, events, unknown and sudden discovered can change minds as can personal experiences under changed circumstances.

Although nearly everything connected with the basics of our sport has been covered numerous times, the odd thing does crop up.

My main concern for the past 50years has been the future of the sport.

No ome appears concerned, even at this late hour.

Come the end of the season, more losses than ever, because no one has attempted to find the causes, another health problem will come along, because no attempt has been made to find why the present ones were caused, problems have a cause.

The RPRA paid £10,000 for an independant opinion of how the RPRA was run, result NOT FIT FOR PIROPSE. Two AGMs will have gone after the very soon, nothing took on board.

The raptor problem will only increase the raptors are breeding better than ever due to an abundance of pigeon meat.

The latter could be reduced by having same day basketing as liberation in short races, no one is bothered.

Just heard on the television horse racing abanded because of an outbreak of equine flue???????
the same kind of problem is always a possibility in our sport.

Look in the BHW to see the number of fanciers being lost through natural causes and none to take their place.

If fanciers do not wake up and takean interest ????????.

Nice to have a natter about mundane things but ??????.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

My posts are Empty
PostSubject: Re: My posts are   My posts are EmptyThu Feb 07, 2019 3:08 pm

Misty. Many fanciers just cannot be bothered going out of their way to promote the sport. I am one of them. Not many years flying left for me anyway. I do give birds away and help people out but nothing major.
Many other issues get my attention. Ontario lost millions last year. Why? Because they put more rules on temporary workers coming here. Vegetable industry. We were short 50,000workers. My idea is to put all the illegal immigrants and refugees to work instead of paying them to do nothing. Many other issues. Each are concerned about something. Takes priority over pigeons on many occasions.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

My posts are Empty
PostSubject: Re: My posts are   My posts are EmptyThu Feb 07, 2019 3:50 pm

As I said, you should not close your mind on anything.

Our NHS gets a battering, if all those with self inflicted problems, drugs, overweight, drink etc; were made to pay there would be no problem.

We also have the idle who think the world owes them a living without lifting a finger, not only that they want more than those who work hard.

We have a problem with rubbish dumped in many areas, we should make those on benifits do a bit of cleaning up instead of those already working doing it in their spare time, not only that but it is the idle who are causing the problem.

Much of the crime we have is imigrant associated, yet we let them stay after a spell in one of our prison hotels where they learn how to flout the law.

If there is a solution other than a revolution ??????.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

My posts are Empty
PostSubject: Re: My posts are   My posts are EmptyThu Feb 07, 2019 3:58 pm

Not in the least bit interested in history as such, passed, gone, nothing anyone can change, some can not even learn from it.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird
fieldwalker

My posts are Empty
PostSubject: Re: My posts are   My posts are EmptyFri Feb 08, 2019 3:33 pm

There will be a revolution its only when..
10/20 years time..dunno
But revolution there will be.
study
As for the pigeon sport..
About the same..20 years there will be only one loft races.
Kids just don't want to know..to much commitment most have never had or want a pet.
Maybe lasses with ponys but thats about it.
study
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

My posts are Empty
PostSubject: Re: My posts are   My posts are EmptyFri Feb 08, 2019 4:16 pm

David posted '...…  I think most of us have reached the stage in our lives where we already have our own opinions on certain matters, and unless we see prove otherwise, will continue to go along with our own thoughts.

Agree 100%  We become creatures of habits, settled in our ways.  Comfortable within our habits and we hate change, whether voluntary of force upon us. Change becomes a 'Not needed Bore'. Yes we often state we will 'Change' so and such. Often we accept a change may well be useful!
For an example: A nice and decent fancier attends meeting and oft puts forward his views. Has a odd 'Swallow' for a summer some years. Mostly mid table or below come racing. Nigh season's end he believes, no he knows, a change is needed. He has paid good money for pedigrees has a fine loft, and some wonderful looking birds!
He peckers his lips often and deems it will be better next season! Why? Well he has the time, spent the money and listened and read much advice. 'I'll show them next season you wait and see' he wagers to himself. I' put my system right. Even writes a list of to do's and  don'ts!
Next season the results are about the same … 'Next season I WILL change you wait and see' h says yet again!
If you do the same, you will most likely get the same … but we hate change.

A middy oke  fancier never has much to shout about. Always in the loft, Yes he is as keen as mustered...  Has a good wife that agrees and supports him whatever he says and wants. No problem there then.
He comes home early evening and  take some birds up the road. Sometimes wife goes with him... sometimes not, but knows and tells him the order the birds arrived and what time... dinner ready he feeds the birds. Washes and changes and  tell the wife, 'I feel lucky this week... I think they will do well … might even win! Wifey smiles and takes his hand and say' Let's hope'! It doesn't happen. Not even a card that season again. But he knows, he must be doing it right,. No need to change, time will prove me right!

The season after they have the first baby. Devoted father he takes turns with the chores and is happy to share the baby and wife. Time though with the pigeons takes it's toll. A lot less in the loft. But he promises himself soon it will be back to normal and able to spend more time with the birds for a change ... He gets up every morning before 6 O'clock. Takes a few pigeons up the road every morning. Takes the hens one day, the cock birds the next so the nest boxes are covered. Evening now means more time the wife and his Bonney boy.
He gets home, puts the baskets away and makes his wife a cuppa with her breakfast. Even feeds the baby before going work. Some time he works a little over time ... money handy!

After the first 7 races he has won four, and close the other. Gosh I knew I was right, to stay doing as I was! he says. has great young bird season too. Member ask what he has done different? He tells them Nothing IF ANY thing less... you weait till next he smiles to himself, when I can get back in the loft like I use to... Golly I will really shine!

Yes some times change if orced on one... especially if set in our ways and comfort zone.
Sometime .. In fact many time we will / can view change whicj has credit! But stay the same lol.

Misty says regards history, it's gone by, and nothing can be done in that matter. True that obviously. We aren't and can't be responcible for others and leaders etc. true. But aren't we suppose to learn from past events, happening, but personally and as a whole?

A wise man learns by others mistakes ... a fool by his own.

Yes Dave, I know only too well I have next to no chance of changing even one from thebelieves. that be as it may, and accpeted every so often one may sit up and say 'You know what ...' Who knows lol.

Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

My posts are Empty
PostSubject: Re: My posts are   My posts are EmptyFri Feb 08, 2019 7:55 pm

Daz. Interesting post. The good performing pigeons are the ones that can overcome the fanciers mistakes most of the time. I have flown many years, win quite often, or used to. Chopped and changed methods. Never flew widowhood though. Have thought about it but the method seems to not leave much room for a pigeons inherent adaptability. Only change I will make now is to cull heavily. By racing them. 8 x 24 loft coming down end of season. Will leave me with a 12 x 6 and a 10 x 8. So quite a few have to go, by racing or other methods. Benefits are obvious. Less feed, less cost, less time going out to lofts at 20 below.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

My posts are Empty
PostSubject: Re: My posts are   My posts are EmptyFri Feb 08, 2019 9:21 pm

halcanada wrote:
Daz. Interesting post. The good performing pigeons are the ones that can overcome the fanciers mistakes most of the time. I have flown many years, win quite often, or used to. Chopped and changed methods. Never flew widowhood though. Have thought about it but the method seems to not leave much room for a pigeons inherent adaptability. Only change I will make now is to cull heavily. By racing them. 8 x 24 loft coming down end of season. Will leave me with a 12 x 6 and a 10 x 8. So quite a few have to go, by racing or other methods. Benefits are obvious. Less feed, less cost, less time going out to lofts at 20 below.
I'm fortunate Hal Wink Wink I don't have that minus 20 scenario as such Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes as I certainly would have to cut my numbers down if I did here etc. Not only is the sunny sunny sunny type weather I suggest better/good for our birds bounce bounce it's also that way for their owners also I suspect  Smile  Smile  especially, if in the old age category Wink Wink sadly. cheers
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

My posts are Empty
PostSubject: Re: My posts are   My posts are EmptySat Feb 09, 2019 1:49 am

Knackered. So true. Was in Aussie a while . Canada is about extremes. Ciimate wise. UK and Europe in between. Imported European pigeons do well or breed good pigeons in either climate. They are adaptable to most circumstances.
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

My posts are Empty
PostSubject: Re: My posts are   My posts are EmptySat Feb 09, 2019 10:36 am

Mind Hal Aussie land have too vast extremes. Indeed a desolate land in one part in no time becomes a massive lake - like the delta, fish and live galore.
was a time, in earlier days when many went to see it... but it wasn't there! Most thought it was a whopper spouted... but later found proven according to what time of year etc. Something come in to my mind regarding it. ; silent John's'
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My posts are Empty
PostSubject: Re: My posts are   My posts are Empty

Back to top Go down

My posts are
Page 1 of 1