Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» escaped birds return
Name of the game. Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:59 pm

» Weather today
Name of the game. Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 11:44 am

» Good Morning
Name of the game. Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 11:42 am

» King removes Patronage
Name of the game. Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 7:21 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Name of the game. Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Name of the game. Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» Scandalous .......
Name of the game. Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
Name of the game. Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
Name of the game. Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Name of the game. 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 119 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 119 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Name of the game. Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Name of the game. Vote_lcapName of the game. Voting_barName of the game. Vote_rcap 
David
Name of the game. Vote_lcapName of the game. Voting_barName of the game. Vote_rcap 
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222742 messages in 14003 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Name of the game. Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Name of the game. Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Name of the game.

Go down 
+2
Daz
halcanada
6 posters
AuthorMessage
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

Name of the game. Empty
PostSubject: Name of the game.   Name of the game. EmptyMon Feb 25, 2019 1:33 am

The thrill of seeing them come home? Winning races or money? Why do people race pigeons? Glory or self satisfaction? Chores have to be done. Heat of summer cold of winter. Cost of feed and shipping or buying so called better birds, keeps many out. To do better one gets on a site like this one and asks questions. Gets honest answers regarding location, country etc,. Medicate or not. Feed X factor grains etc,. If any one on here had the time to read previous posts and categorise them as to subject matter that would be beneficial to all newcomers (and members) as to what the consensus of the members have posted. Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

Name of the game. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name of the game.   Name of the game. EmptyMon Feb 25, 2019 2:48 pm

The anxiety of waiting for them... pacing or trying to sit still lol. Guessing arrival time … 50 / 50 right I think. Never mind how well you might do...you just want them home! Then the buzz of joy when the speck arcs in. Then a frustration if not clocking... then when timed the thoughts of how well you may or may not have done.
The beauty of that is one never knows.... Club night I never really anchored for. Same old stories. The so-called hard luck stories...
Was a time when I made up ridiculous excuses of how I lost time etc. that was good banter … but the 'Wanna Wins just wanted a slap on the back and stick their chests out often... Mind I never ever missed a congratulation a winner...
Back home working out why and where I failed my pigeons and any tweaks to put it right... After a day's passing, I couldn't care less... just happy to see them enjoy themselves and the surrounding … plus the hotel I put them up in. Lol. Yep, a repeated and constant buzz eh!
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Name of the game. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name of the game.   Name of the game. EmptyMon Feb 25, 2019 3:03 pm

I would personally have kept our feathered friends irrespective of any other consideration, but to have them return on their own from far off places is a bonus.

Of course anyone would like to win races, or what is the point in participating, however, it is how you win, in my opinion that counts, and is not the be all and end all.

I have just returned from 3 hours of snooker with a friend, we have done so every week for over 15 years during which time there has never been any problems within the club.

My wife and I apart from actually at times running dances are members of a dance club where there has never been any problems and never heard foul language etc;

Until this year, when I had to give it up, the same applies to the Bowling Club, no untoward behavioir.

Any young person is welcomed with open arms and given every assistance possible and in the right atmosphere.

Take the above in comparison to pigeon racing.

Foul language abounds, threats made, the rules only apply to some etc; this not only at club level.

The last time I attended a Fed Meeting it was beyond belief, there were two people there both females that had told lies regarding the working of the Federation, others males were calling each other liars etc; but no one was at all concerned.

Never in my life seen such a rabble.

So as I have been saying for years make Club, Fed and the RPRA Council accountable and demand appropriate behaviour thoughout the sport, and get rid of the dross and the sport may be suitable one for the youth of today.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Name of the game. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name of the game.   Name of the game. EmptyMon Feb 25, 2019 3:17 pm

Got more joy seeing the last one back as the first, only left the loft on race day if they were not all back, to put clock in and back to loft.

Loved seeing the last one come sweeping down from a great height, nothing like it.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Name of the game. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name of the game.   Name of the game. EmptyMon Feb 25, 2019 6:55 pm

the anticipation is as good as a win for me the excitement of it all is what makes it I love basket night its a great buzz at our little club of 12 members 10 usually send ,also love the daily buzz of it all 365 days ,could not be without the pigeons also had them as pets for years before racing pirat pirat
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Name of the game. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name of the game.   Name of the game. EmptyMon Feb 25, 2019 7:05 pm

oldstrain wrote:
the anticipation is as good as a win for me the excitement of it all is what makes it I love basket night its a great buzz at our little club of 12 members 10 usually send ,also love the daily buzz of it all 365 days ,could not be without the pigeons also had them as pets for years before racing pirat pirat
Race days mean nothing to me here now Wink Wink happy to just have them all walking about the back yard enjoying life type of thing, getting worms Wink Wink. All that being said bounce bounce if for some unknown reason I just happen to win the odd race or 2 this year lol! lol! lol! I will just happily except what is type of thing Smile Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Name of the game. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name of the game.   Name of the game. EmptyMon Feb 25, 2019 10:13 pm

oldstrain, you are in a perfect position to access the way the youth of today look at our sport.

Have you had a heart to heart talk with Alfie to see exactly what he feels about the sport and how his mates look on it.

He has been involved since old enough to do so, just as my son was 50 odd years ago and he chose fishing rather than pigeons.

Sons often do things to please their father a heart to heart with no influence may be rewarding.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

Name of the game. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name of the game.   Name of the game. EmptyTue Feb 26, 2019 10:20 am

Yes Misty, as pleased to see the last doing a 'Lap of Honour' as the first.

Was a time when looking out the window and saw a bird on top … regardless of day, or last seen ... Some times wondering which one it was etc. Yes that also gave me a buzz,
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Name of the game. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name of the game.   Name of the game. EmptyTue Feb 26, 2019 8:01 pm

Daz wrote:
Yes Misty, as pleased to see the last  doing a 'Lap of Honour' as the first.

Was a time when looking out the window and saw a bird on top … regardless of day, or last seen ... Some times wondering which one it was etc. Yes that also gave me a buzz,
Many of us Smile Smile can relate to those magic type little moments I suggest Daz Wink Wink especially us old tragic types from a by gone era of old as such. Getting that message out to the next generation thou I suggest is the hard part these days sadly  bounce  bounce as they just have so many other options available to just occupy their minds now when looking for the enjoyment factor I suggest. cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Name of the game. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name of the game.   Name of the game. EmptyTue Feb 26, 2019 8:09 pm

MISTY wrote:
oldstrain, you are in a perfect position to access the way the youth of today look at our sport.

Have you had a heart to heart talk with Alfie to see exactly what he feels about the sport and how his  mates look on it.

He has been involved since old enough to do so, just as my son was 50 odd years ago and he chose fishing rather than pigeons.

Sons often do things to please their father a heart to heart with no influence  may be rewarding.

Regards.  

he enjoys responsibility down the club on basket night and when he clocks a bird,i suppose the sense of achievement in something but he is like this in other things to ,I doubt the wee pirat will be a fully fledged pigeon man like dad but its good to share with him for now at times pirat pirat I would always want him to do as HE wanted and not follow dad just because its what dad did ,my own father hated pigeons but grandfather and uncles were pigeon men ...mums dad and brothers...having just said that I went in to say goodnight and he said "dad when are we racing the birds again" so you never know whats in their minds at times as their full of surprises ... lol!
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Name of the game. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name of the game.   Name of the game. EmptyTue Feb 26, 2019 8:19 pm

Hope it rubs off on him, oldstrain, and he gets some of his friends interested.

Sounds as if he is on the right track and many never get the chance.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Name of the game. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name of the game.   Name of the game. EmptyTue Feb 26, 2019 8:28 pm

oldstrain wrote:
MISTY wrote:

Have you had a heart to heart talk with Alfie to see exactly what he feels about the sport and how his  mates look on it.

Sons often do things to please their father a heart to heart with no influence  may be rewarding.

Regards.  

he enjoys responsibility down the club on basket night and when he clocks a bird,i suppose the sense of achievement in something but he is like this in other things to ,I doubt the wee pirat will be a fully fledged pigeon man like dad but its good to share with him for now at times pirat pirat I would always want him to do as HE wanted and not follow dad just because its what dad did ,my own father hated pigeons but grandfather and uncles were pigeon men ...mums dad and brothers...having just said that I went in to say goodnight and he said "dad when are we racing the birds again" so you never know whats in their minds at times as their full of surprises ... lol!
A sensible type approach from my perspective down here O/S Wink Wink with the little pirat Smile Smile as such. In the end Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes what will be bounce bounce will be type of thing with your little champ there I suggest & if he so finds some other venture for the enjoyment factor in his life zone  bounce  bounce it will be all on the plus side of things hopefully in the end I suspect on average  Smile  Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Name of the game. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name of the game.   Name of the game. EmptyWed Feb 27, 2019 8:08 pm

not really into racing, its never really excited me.........I prefer to breed for other people to race, and also keep them as pets.

over the years since I re started ive entered very few races, and wasn't really committed to it.......so my view now is that I wont attempt to race until I`m 100% dedicated to doing it.
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

Name of the game. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name of the game.   Name of the game. EmptyThu Feb 28, 2019 11:03 am

Well Dave… I feel, personally, that you will get a desire to know just how and what the pigeons you breed could / or should have done. Yes you may well hear good reports that make you proud... then a zest maybe will come to try again for yourself! How you combat that remains to be seen.

As I stated in a earlier post, I would and could have had a few to breed and give to help raise deserving causes. Only reason I didn't, don't is because the desire to see how well I could do and start struggling again to do, what I proved over 5 years I couldn't do.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Name of the game. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name of the game.   Name of the game. EmptyThu Feb 28, 2019 2:46 pm

David, as long as you get the enjoyment relative to the effort put in, then it matters not what is involved, (as long as it is legal).

Many studs do not get involved in racing, other than giving pigeons to fanciers with all the advantages to promote their stock.

They get their pleasure counting their money, whilst you get yours seeing your pigeons doing well for others.

I got pleasure on all fronts, from giving pigeons to other fanciers that won for them and also flying well for me etc;

But would have happily just kept them as pets.

Just do and enjoy what turns you on there are no hard and fast rules and everyone is an individual.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

Name of the game. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name of the game.   Name of the game. EmptyThu Feb 28, 2019 4:05 pm

quote' … Many studs do not get involved in racing, other than giving pigeons to fanciers with all the advantages to promote their stock....'

Yes Dean Pallet famously stated that after moving to a undesirable location. 'If I can't win, then I can't sale the birds'. But of cause he sold galore on past winners.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Name of the game. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name of the game.   Name of the game. EmptyThu Feb 28, 2019 4:27 pm

David wrote:
not really into racing, its never really excited me.........I prefer to breed for other people to race, and also keep them as pets.

over the years since I re started ive entered very few races, and wasn't really committed to it.......so my view now is that I wont attempt to race until I`m 100% dedicated to doing it.
Don't have an issue with your way of thinking David etc Smile Smile your pigeons to do as you please type of thing Wink Wink Suggest the way the sport is going bounce bounce on average Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes your type of group is becoming the norm overall as such. End of the day Smile Smile any relationship with ones pigeons is a good thing Smile Smile even if a load of scrubbers/feral's  Wink  Wink as it all helps the grain stores stay in business to some degree I suspect. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Name of the game. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name of the game.   Name of the game. Empty

Back to top Go down

Name of the game.
Page 1 of 1