Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
Racing here in Canada. Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 1:29 pm

» Weather today
Racing here in Canada. Emptyby David Today at 1:12 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
Racing here in Canada. Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
Racing here in Canada. Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
Racing here in Canada. Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
Racing here in Canada. Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Racing here in Canada. Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Racing here in Canada. Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» Scandalous .......
Racing here in Canada. Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Racing here in Canada. 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 50 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 50 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Racing here in Canada. Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Racing here in Canada. Vote_lcapRacing here in Canada. Voting_barRacing here in Canada. Vote_rcap 
David
Racing here in Canada. Vote_lcapRacing here in Canada. Voting_barRacing here in Canada. Vote_rcap 
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222806 messages in 14005 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Racing here in Canada. Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Racing here in Canada. Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Racing here in Canada.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

Racing here in Canada. Empty
PostSubject: Racing here in Canada.   Racing here in Canada. EmptyWed May 01, 2019 2:19 am

Postponed until May 11th. Rainey, cool this week and next forecast.
Tough Winter and Spring so far. My birds are out daily. Regardless of the weather.
However, will fly all every race if possible. Yearlings first race older second race and so on. Thinking here my last year club flying.  Fly all and pick out a few for next year. To breed One loft fliers. Rest eliminated. Same cost less hassle. More reward. Will see how it goes. Nothing to prove any more. Must be an age thing!!!
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Racing here in Canada.   Racing here in Canada. EmptyWed May 01, 2019 10:02 am

Nothing the same as it use to be Hal.

You cannot rely on the weather from one day to the next, racing is a gamble regarding liberations with regards to same, so it is hard to make any arrangements in the short term never mind the long term.

Can understand that one loft races may be a more attractive proposition with regard to age and none of the worries presently associated with club racing, not to mention costs and time etc;

Glad I as involved in the hey days and not as the sport is now.

Best wishes whatever you choose to do.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Racing here in Canada.   Racing here in Canada. EmptyWed May 01, 2019 10:46 am

I agree to both the above posts.

When in the close season and dreaming of next years racing one tends to put into place an agenda of wants and changes etc. etc. Even pencil in individual races and distances for certain birds.

Great and inspiring true. Gives one the hopes and zest and the will to both compete and succeed,,, forgetting that the weather and other particular aims may well take a detrimental hand...
I thought regards - often - of a second or even third string to the bow so to speak.

After each race season it yet again pointed out emphatically that we are helpless and dictated to a certain extent as to just what we, the pigeons can do!

So, with the thought of gaining a little help and support from the birds that I care and loved and placed in a beautiful hotel, warm, fresh air and free food etc. I never forgot that they are birds, Birds granted with amazing attributes we can never get to the bottom of, or even explain to any satisfaction.

But one thing I always did to the best of my ability, and experience, was to give them every help and fair chance to prove that they wanted to stay at their abode.

Averages I never considered... Rotation is good. AND above all every week I was prepared to change my course and desires for the birds. Often hear people say 'I love my pigeons'! Me! I did love them. Yes, losses were and will always be a sad part of the game... But I was determined never to lose a bird through thoughtlessness and overused passion. Yes, next week there was always another ball game in the park!
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: Racing here in Canada.   Racing here in Canada. EmptyWed May 01, 2019 11:38 am

Pigeon racing is getting harder and harder , due to weather . Boos, desease, cost ,back stabbing lol, lazy t**ts ect ect but we still love it haha
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: Racing here in Canada.   Racing here in Canada. EmptyWed May 01, 2019 2:19 pm

I like to compete etc,. First position as a kid was 2nd. Thrilled me! That was 1954. 14 then. But two hour drive to the club and back etc, getting a little too much. Think this is the best way to go. Do not have to prove anything to myself. Willenjoy it more. Will have the birds of course.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Racing here in Canada.   Racing here in Canada. EmptyWed May 01, 2019 9:21 pm

Yes that is one way to maintain a positive interest, rather than call it a day.

The ONLY reasons I do not still have my feathered friends is because I could not do them justice as I always did, never spent a lot of time nor physical effort in their maintenance but spent plenty of time watching them enjoy themselves on a daily basis and that was just as much a pleasure as racing or showing.

But when your health is threatened and time takes it's toll to an extent that you are breathless and physically tired at times and unable to do your share at club level one has to consider every aspect and act according to ones conscience.

There is no one on earth who has enjoyed our sport more than myself and I will for ever be in debt to our little bundles of feathers who have the hearts of lions.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: Racing here in Canada.   Racing here in Canada. EmptyThu May 02, 2019 1:32 am

Yes Misty. One young fellow is interested. Gave him young birds again this year. Ones I missed ringing. However. He shows an interest in racing will band him birds next year. Jan 1 drivers licence renwal. Will be 80 4 days later. At 80 here all are re-tested. Should be the young folks!
Anyway fly as much as possible this year. Then breed for performance plus colours.
Will be interesting to work on. Always interesting do not want to give it up yet. More roads to explore!

Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Racing here in Canada.   Racing here in Canada. EmptyThu May 02, 2019 9:55 am

Worries me regarding driving, having lost the sight in one eye the test is harder to pass, but at the moment just passed it for another year.

We do not have to take a driving test but agree with you regarding some of the young idiots on the road.

In the news recently was an article regarding the state of many young peoples mental situation several youngsters taking the suicide way out, and others having mental illnesses.

Is there any wonder? their heads are being filled with a load of pc madness and they have no childhood to talk of.

Have attempted as have other local fanciers to help some youngsters to become interested in our sport but fighting a losing battle against all the other options.

Glad I was born in 1935 and not today.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: Racing here in Canada.   Racing here in Canada. EmptyThu May 02, 2019 2:44 pm

News this morning. Raising the minimum speed limit on the 400 (Super Highways ) from 100 kmph upwards. Probably to 120 K. Everyone drives that speed anyway with many being overtaken. More carnage.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Racing here in Canada.   Racing here in Canada. EmptyThu May 02, 2019 7:13 pm

The normal speed around town and district is 5 miles per hour if you are lucky, road works, humps and bumps along with pot holes makes driving a nightmare and they always do things that cause all the trouble at holiday times etc;

There is always problems on the motor ways, if there is not road works there are break downs and accidents erc;

Sooner they go back to horse and cart the better.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Racing here in Canada.   Racing here in Canada. Empty

Back to top Go down

Racing here in Canada.
Page 1 of 1