Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
Young un's. Emptyby David Yesterday at 9:16 pm

» Good Morning
Young un's. Emptyby David Yesterday at 2:48 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Young un's. Emptyby David Yesterday at 1:35 pm

» APHA Forms .......
Young un's. Emptyby David Fri May 17, 2024 11:38 am

» come join us
Young un's. Emptyby David Thu May 16, 2024 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Young un's. Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
Young un's. Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
Young un's. Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
Young un's. Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Young un's. 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 20 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 20 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Young un's. Resise10
Top posting users this week
No user
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1298 registered users
The newest registered user is Marcdvc11

Our users have posted a total of 222884 messages in 14007 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Young un's. Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Young un's. Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
Young un's. Vote_lcapYoung un's. Voting_barYoung un's. Vote_rcap 
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Young un's.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

Young un's. Empty
PostSubject: Young un's.   Young un's. EmptySun May 12, 2019 3:12 pm

Red cock and white hen sitting eggs.
Young un's. 000_0815
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

Young un's. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Young un's.   Young un's. EmptyWed May 15, 2019 8:53 pm

Add to deep litter. Bug kiler.
Young un's. 000_0817
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

Young un's. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Young un's.   Young un's. EmptyThu May 16, 2019 10:30 am

You know, many times, including last year, I have admired Hals young birds. They bring back so many memories. Love the colours, and they give me a twinge of delight and wanting. It was the next biggest thing I loved regards pigeons... after seeing the beautiful and unusual colouring of their necks.

Indeed. Last year I was in the throes of giving away my birds and going ahead with the 'Deciding factor' to pack it up altogether.
His photos cause that burning in heart and the old memories of the 'Zest, and love made me decide to give it another go.

Sadly it wasn't to be. I never raced a bird and eventually parted company with my beloved friends. The not being able to do right by them … Thoughts of breeding more and more etc.  …

I gave them …
Never had pigeons in the garden! Well, outside of mine I never had pigeons visiting my garden. Indeed hardly a stray. Always said it was because the loft was under trees.
Then the wife was brought a 'Bird stand' via the daughter. -
Never had one before as I know many become a place for breakfast regards the S/H's. Though being fortunate in having many wild birds about.

Now we see many birds of assorts feeding etc.- Have most years wrens and Blute t**s nesting in the garden. I had placed up 17 birds houses of different sorts and housing. Plus material.
Then a little while back a pigeon or two became visitors.
After the Cinema was pulled down, the street became a significant nesting site on the front of the houses. A few neighbours fed them in back gardens.

Now I get a variety of pigeons colours every day. Probably about 15.
Yes, memories stay, faded a mite,, but ...
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

Young un's. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Young un's.   Young un's. EmptyFri May 17, 2019 2:00 am

Many thanks for the kind words! Anyway, plan here is this. Fly older ones Sat. 155 miles. No training, but almost open loft. Then perhaps 2 more weeks flying. With mixture of all. Idea is to cull by performance. Yearlings last week all home. It is hard to do!! Culling. Next year need much fewer pigeons and looking at the whites and reds. If not club racing then one lofters. Have a friend who will take all I have spare fortunately. His Gandaughter loves the whites so will band her some. It gets down to a pleasure of the sport. Pleasure from winning or seeing the birds home.
Genetics, colours, mentality of the birds that relate to you, all factors in keepers and culls. Enjoyment factor.. Rain today but rare visitor on the feeder..Rose breasted Grosbeak. No Gouldian finches here but apparently 50 species of parrots here in North America. Pet release birds. But thriving!
Young un's. 000_0818
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

Young un's. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Young un's.   Young un's. EmptyFri May 17, 2019 11:55 am

Yes! Mr Basket helps but doesn't cull. He will tell you what is what over some time.
I never culled. Maybe carried an unnecessary waste. However two things held me back - No not whether I have given them a fair, even good chance to shine, but A. watch for any improvement in youngsters... was mated some time to other so-called 'Culls'.
Then B. under the understanding that there is in reality very few, very few indeed, Good pigeons, let alone superb, I would float the eggs.
So the racers could then fly a nesting circle, but only rear any youngsters at the distance races.
Celibacy and widowerhood hens take all the beating. But a hen sitting 14 days is great for the distance or hard races, Then again 14 days later on a week old young. -- Have had a couple of pairs of youngster already.

The cock bird is best when feeding a big pair while driving the hen back to nest. Good again for the Distance- and hard races. J.M.O.

Another reason Barry impressed upon me to Time all in whether in the clock or not. Note nest circle or such a which produced the best results.
A game for sure of a thousand roads, eh!... Best get to, or as near as possible to nature, always seems to pay the best and highest dividends.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Young un's. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Young un's.   Young un's. Empty

Back to top Go down

Young un's.
Page 1 of 1