Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» King removes Patronage
Separate Baskets  Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:21 pm

» Good Morning
Separate Baskets  Emptyby David Today at 5:50 pm

» Weather today
Separate Baskets  Emptyby David Today at 9:20 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Separate Baskets  Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Separate Baskets  Emptyby David Yesterday at 4:53 pm

» escaped birds return
Separate Baskets  Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 10:42 am

» Scandalous .......
Separate Baskets  Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
Separate Baskets  Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
Separate Baskets  Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Separate Baskets  20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 106 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 105 Guests :: 1 Bot

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Separate Baskets  Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
Separate Baskets  Vote_lcapSeparate Baskets  Voting_barSeparate Baskets  Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Separate Baskets  Vote_lcapSeparate Baskets  Voting_barSeparate Baskets  Vote_rcap 
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222738 messages in 14003 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Separate Baskets  Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Separate Baskets  Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Separate Baskets

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Separate Baskets  Empty
PostSubject: Separate Baskets    Separate Baskets  EmptyFri Jul 28, 2023 12:57 pm

was talking to a pigeon friend of mine last night, he is one of the three members resigning from our club and going to race in another local club .......one of the three has already sent to a couple of young birds races and they tell me each members birds are put in their own baskets, and not mixed with other members birds .

so no birds from different lofts are in contact, whats your thoughts on this anyone ...?
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Separate Baskets  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Separate Baskets    Separate Baskets  EmptyFri Jul 28, 2023 2:25 pm

David wrote:
was talking to a pigeon friend of mine last night, he is one of the three members resigning from our club and going to race in another local club .......one of the three  has already sent to a couple of young birds races and they tell me each members birds are put in their own baskets, and not mixed with other members birds .

so no birds from different lofts are in contact, whats your thoughts on this anyone ...?

Tried this years ago David and fanciers said it gave some an advantage.

Makes sense to me to stop the spread of disease etc;

Also some used to say the position of the baskets on the transporter favoured some .

Also what about when some fanciers only send a few pigeons, half empty baskets.

Nothing easy in pigeon racing to make things equal.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Separate Baskets  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Separate Baskets    Separate Baskets  EmptyFri Jul 28, 2023 8:15 pm

yes misty, im un decided on it ......as you say there are pros and cons .
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Separate Baskets  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Separate Baskets    Separate Baskets  EmptySat Jul 29, 2023 4:46 am

David wrote:
was talking to a pigeon friend of mine last night, he is one of the three members resigning from our club and going to race in another local club .......one of the three  has already sent to a couple of young birds races and they tell me each members birds are put in their own baskets, and not mixed with other members birds .

Quite frankly David Smile Smile I think it's a total load of rubbish etc Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes I'm affraid when birds go on a transporter to race. 2 blokes side by side in own crates. one with rampant/bad respiratory & the other a clean skin bounce bounce & some are somehow making out apparently, their will be no cross contamination there to a degree type thing. End of the day  Smile  Smile modern day transporters now on average are a sick bed in waiting for most birds unfortunately. Unless somehow I feel one has the highest of health as part of their normal regime come race day. End of the story  Smile  Smile spent a life time here with everybody's birds mixed in-together on race day, only separated by the sexies as such  bounce  bounce & the young birds, I've seen over the years fly 5/600 odd miles would make a total mockery of the thinking behind what some are apparently thinking with what's been suggested on this topic as a solution to perhaps their failings  Wink  Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Separate Baskets  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Separate Baskets    Separate Baskets  EmptySat Jul 29, 2023 11:15 am

Said for many years, not the condition a pigeon is in when it goes onto the transporter but on liberation and many things can affect this.

No pigeon's ability will be affected by a close contact with a ill pigeon during the time it is in the transporter, it may develop problems later but not affect the race.

However, the fittest pigeon can be affected to the extent it is not as fit at liberation
as when put on the transporter, due to several factors in the transportation that have neve been investigated.

There were very few problems when they went by rail.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Separate Baskets  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Separate Baskets    Separate Baskets  EmptySun Jul 30, 2023 11:31 am

MISTY wrote:
Said for many years, not the condition a pigeon is in when it goes onto the transporter but on liberation and many things can affect this.

No pigeon's ability will be affected by a close contact with a ill  pigeon during the time it is in the transporter, it may develop problems later but not affect the race.

However, the fittest pigeon can be affected to the extent it is not as fit at liberation
as when put on the transporter, due to several factors in the transportation that have neve been investigated.

There were very few problems when they went by rail.

Regards.
Always find it amazing Misty  Smile  Smile these days with our modern type transporters compared to the old ways of old as such. Really haven't improved things to any great extent I suggest when one looks at the losses in general overall on average. Today here I was actually talking to a local convoyer of one of our major Feds & he highlighted the cost & concern he had with the mounting fuel cost for a full season, local ($18/20,000 apparently). Something I really hadn't given much thought to here if honest etc. End of the story  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes I just as normal payed him again my normal twenty odd dollars to go unit tossing today in his unit from 80 odd miles & simply thought I was on a bargain type thing all things considered  Wink  Wink.  cheers cheers  

Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Separate Baskets  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Separate Baskets    Separate Baskets  EmptySun Jul 30, 2023 2:58 pm

alot of transporters have a drinker running the length of it where the baskets are situated so seperate baskets wont stop cross contamination in those with that design
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Separate Baskets  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Separate Baskets    Separate Baskets  EmptyTue Aug 01, 2023 1:04 pm

oldstrain wrote:
alot of transporters have a drinker running the length of it where the baskets are situated so seperate baskets wont stop cross contamination in those with that design
Here O/S Smile Smile with our modern, modern Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes up to date new fancy, fancy transporter etc bounce bounce my club birds always go in at floor level type thing. Heat rises type thing Wink Wink & when the shutters go up on release Smile Smile first out the door etc Very Happy Very Happy. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Separate Baskets  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Separate Baskets    Separate Baskets  Empty

Back to top Go down

Separate Baskets
Page 1 of 1