Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
Natural or Widowhood...? Emptyby David Yesterday at 9:16 pm

» Good Morning
Natural or Widowhood...? Emptyby David Yesterday at 2:48 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Natural or Widowhood...? Emptyby David Yesterday at 1:35 pm

» APHA Forms .......
Natural or Widowhood...? Emptyby David Fri May 17, 2024 11:38 am

» come join us
Natural or Widowhood...? Emptyby David Thu May 16, 2024 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Natural or Widowhood...? Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
Natural or Widowhood...? Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
Natural or Widowhood...? Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
Natural or Widowhood...? Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Natural or Widowhood...? 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 26 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 26 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Natural or Widowhood...? Resise10
Top posting users this week
No user
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1298 registered users
The newest registered user is Marcdvc11

Our users have posted a total of 222884 messages in 14007 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Natural or Widowhood...? Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Natural or Widowhood...? Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
Natural or Widowhood...? Vote_lcapNatural or Widowhood...? Voting_barNatural or Widowhood...? Vote_rcap 
oldstrain
Natural or Widowhood...? Vote_lcapNatural or Widowhood...? Voting_barNatural or Widowhood...? Vote_rcap 
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Natural or Widowhood...?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Natural or Widowhood...? Empty
PostSubject: Natural or Widowhood...?   Natural or Widowhood...? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 6:54 pm

i was advise a couple of days ago by a decent fancier (murray and mills) that because all my old bird team consists of only yearlings which have only had two open races from newark, which probably only had a couple of hundred birds entered.......that for the first 4 races i should race them on natural as they will possibly get lost, partly because they have no/very little roadwork and partly because their minds will be teeling them one thing (sex) but they have not enough experience to handle this.

any thoughts...?
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: Natural or Widowhood...?   Natural or Widowhood...? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 7:01 pm

ive heard of murry and mills maybe there right think ide go easy on them to rember you want something to race next year as well
Back to top Go down
Lightning
Hatchling
Hatchling
Lightning

PostSubject: Re: Natural or Widowhood...?   Natural or Widowhood...? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 7:03 pm

The majority of yearlings take a while to grasp the widowhood system (SOME NEVER DO), thats why a lot of flyers use the sliding door with the youngsters to give them a little knowledge of racing home to a hen etc etc

I would agree that with an inexperienced team, take it steady with them and to create less stress ie by sitting eggs for a few weeks wouldnt do any harm Very Happy

Yearlings on Widowhood is similar to sending a cock driving, 10% will race their knackers off to get home, the other 90% simply go crazy and chase the skies following this and that Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Natural or Widowhood...?   Natural or Widowhood...? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 7:03 pm

yes, this is why im thinking about what he said, my team only consists of 6 cocks because ive decided to hold back 3 others which i want as breeders....

plus i will have the 6 hens too if i do race natural.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: Natural or Widowhood...?   Natural or Widowhood...? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 7:06 pm

i think thats a good answer mark just go easy at first
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Natural or Widowhood...?   Natural or Widowhood...? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 7:07 pm

ah right, so the advise was pretty sound then...? he said after the first 4 or so races then see what they are like and then maybe put them onto it depending how they are doing.....plus he said the first race depending on the conditions/wind etc i could loose the lot if on widowhood. affraid No
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: Natural or Widowhood...?   Natural or Widowhood...? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 7:10 pm

i think you been given good advice david and like mark said yearlings look the part sometimes but just chase anything that moves
a bit like a wound up greyhound missing the traps only to be behind to excited
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Natural or Widowhood...?   Natural or Widowhood...? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 9:02 pm

thanks birdy, dont want to just throw them away, especially when i only have a small "team" lol! hopefully i can build them up and take it steady with them so they will for the base of my oldbird team next year and then push them a bit harder maybe...???
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: Natural or Widowhood...?   Natural or Widowhood...? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 9:09 pm

i think you will be ok like that its ok to send every week but 1 bad race will set you back another year or 2 so being carfull now will see you racing 2 year olds next year plus give you a good start with this years young birds ie plenty of time to get them ready
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: Natural or Widowhood...?   Natural or Widowhood...? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 9:32 pm

I have always flown natural, but this year I have 10 cocks on widowhood and 5 others on natural, they are 9 yearlings and 1 2 year old. Everyone in my area flys mostly with yearlings, because of the perigrines we dont get birds much over 2 or 3 to race. Yearlings seem to go best down here thats just what I have been told as I havent done it before this year, but I tended in the past not to race yearlings, or at least go easy on them but not this year they will go every race, I will let you know what happens.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Natural or Widowhood...?   Natural or Widowhood...? Empty

Back to top Go down

Natural or Widowhood...?
Page 1 of 1