Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
last years gb rings Emptyby David Today at 2:49 pm

» Good Morning
last years gb rings Emptyby David Today at 2:48 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
last years gb rings Emptyby David Today at 1:35 pm

» APHA Forms .......
last years gb rings Emptyby David Fri May 17, 2024 11:38 am

» come join us
last years gb rings Emptyby David Thu May 16, 2024 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
last years gb rings Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
last years gb rings Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
last years gb rings Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
last years gb rings Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) last years gb rings 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 22 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 22 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.last years gb rings Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
last years gb rings Vote_lcaplast years gb rings Voting_barlast years gb rings Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
last years gb rings Vote_lcaplast years gb rings Voting_barlast years gb rings Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1298 registered users
The newest registered user is Marcdvc11

Our users have posted a total of 222882 messages in 14007 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
last years gb rings Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
last years gb rings Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

last years gb rings

Go down 
+4
cristiaens 09
David
Alex
oldstrain
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

last years gb rings Empty
PostSubject: last years gb rings   last years gb rings EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 9:15 pm

Mad went to pick out my pairings today and i noticed that 5 rings were cracked on the plastic coating , with some of these intended for racing would this deem them as defaced also has anyone else experienced this affraid No
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: last years gb rings   last years gb rings EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 9:17 pm

Darren mate if you look at about 3 posts i put up on here were that the rings would crack, not eggs, and its proven me correctly.
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: last years gb rings   last years gb rings EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 9:19 pm

would like to say my experience with cracking is with NL09's and as far as im aware they are defaced and the bird needs a wing stamp by rpra with details instead of ring
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: last years gb rings   last years gb rings EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 9:29 pm

Alex wrote:
would like to say my experience with cracking is with NL09's
its a worry alex as if they do say they are defaced it will mean no ob raceing for me as i only have yearlings,i wonder if the rpra will take responsability if this is the case for there fiasco last year with these rings ,i doubt very much they will Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: last years gb rings   last years gb rings EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 9:48 pm

hi darren, were they GB rings, and if so what year...?
Back to top Go down
cristiaens 09
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)
cristiaens 09

PostSubject: Re: last years gb rings   last years gb rings EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 9:49 pm

Saw the new show racer rings for the first time today ! (as supplied by the RPRA) at Chris Perrys they are superb why they dont supply racing rings of the same calibre i will never know ? will ask Chris to post a close up photo of them , see what you think of them ?
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: last years gb rings   last years gb rings EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 9:53 pm

maybe because the amount of show rings they sell is a lot less than racing rings, therefor bulk buying cheap rings for the racers which will in most ases end up dead or lost.
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: last years gb rings   last years gb rings EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 9:55 pm

thing is david the supplier isnt a cheap manufacturer, yes they make them cheaply but that shouldnt make any difference I have birds with 03 and 04 rings and even after all these years look like they were just put on. think its the strain that gets placed on the plastic where the lugs join. As I have said, NL09's cracked end of last year I saw, don't know how long before but it's now been proven as a year with these.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: last years gb rings   last years gb rings EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 9:58 pm

the numbers are on paper inside the plastic arnt they alex...? if this fades or gets wet there will be major problems id guess.
Back to top Go down
chris perry
Hatchling
Hatchling
chris perry

PostSubject: Re: last years gb rings   last years gb rings EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 10:02 pm

DAVID wrote:
the numbers are on paper inside the plastic arnt they alex...? if this fades or gets wet there will be major problems id guess.

the rpra show rings are all metal with the numbers stamped into the metal, no need for paper or plastic coating
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: last years gb rings   last years gb rings EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 10:03 pm

DAVID wrote:

yes david, printed onto a peice of sticky label, will run/stain almost instantly.
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: last years gb rings   last years gb rings EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 10:04 pm

chris perry wrote:
DAVID wrote:

the rpra show rings are all metal with the numbers stamped into the metal, no need for paper or plastic coating

like they used to be chris, best idea if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: last years gb rings   last years gb rings EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 10:06 pm

chris perry wrote:
DAVID wrote:

well thats totally mad then isnt it chris, why cant they do this with the racing rings....?
Back to top Go down
chris perry
Hatchling
Hatchling
chris perry

PostSubject: Re: last years gb rings   last years gb rings EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 10:07 pm

cristiaens 09 wrote:
Saw the new show racer rings for the first time today ! (as supplied by the RPRA) at Chris Perrys they are superb why they dont supply racing rings of the same calibre i will never know ? will ask Chris to post a close up photo of them , see what you think of them ?

there you go guys much better i think
last years gb rings Showrings
last years gb rings Showring2
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: last years gb rings   last years gb rings EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 10:09 pm

so are these plastic coated like the race rings...? they dont look as tho they are.
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: last years gb rings   last years gb rings EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 10:09 pm

They look perfect to be on racers chris, surely thats a cheaper option for them too without having to have plastic fitted ontop... Razz

they are full metal david Wink
Back to top Go down
chris perry
Hatchling
Hatchling
chris perry

PostSubject: Re: last years gb rings   last years gb rings EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 10:11 pm

DAVID wrote:
so are these plastic coated like the race rings...? they dont look as tho they are.

no david just plain metal with the numbers engraved/ stamped in , and then infilled with a black to show the letters and numbers off
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: last years gb rings   last years gb rings EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 10:30 pm

i wonder what their reasons are for doing them different for show birds and racers then.........?
Back to top Go down
chris perry
Hatchling
Hatchling
chris perry

PostSubject: Re: last years gb rings   last years gb rings EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 10:32 pm

DAVID wrote:
i wonder what their reasons are for doing them different for show birds and racers then.........?

i can see with combi rings for ets but not for origianls,
if you ask me if the ets companies went with micro chips simular to the ones in dogs and cats, what would happen then, someone will develope a micro chip small enough to put under there skin one day.
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: last years gb rings   last years gb rings EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 10:35 pm

that is an idea there chris, may well happen (who knows with the spies on this site Wink )

In my opinion, I would much rather the all metal rings making a comeback.
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: last years gb rings   last years gb rings EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 10:58 pm

If YoU look at the old rings pre 1980 they are aluminium with raised embosed letters lighter and better than any rings today, why they changed them I will never know. Often progress means a step back, those fancy pigeon rings look far better than the race rings we get.
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: last years gb rings   last years gb rings EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 10:59 pm

If YoU look at the old rings pre 1980 they are aluminium with raised embosed letters lighter and better than any rings today, why they changed them I will never know. Often progress means a step back, those fancy pigeon rings look far better than the race rings we get.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: last years gb rings   last years gb rings EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 10:27 am

DAVID wrote:
hi darren, were they GB rings, and if so what year...?
they are 2010 rings mate Mad and i could not have put it any better martyn ,why dont they leave things alone at the rpra clown if it aint broke dont fix it ,well there certainly broke now scratch
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: last years gb rings   last years gb rings EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 5:17 pm

must say the few gb rung birds i have off last year are ok the rings are fine
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: last years gb rings   last years gb rings EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 5:30 pm

ian wrote:
must say the few gb rung birds i have off last year are ok the rings are fine
i have to say mate having had a good think about it that the ones that have cracked all belong to hens which were housed this winter in a section that is more open to the elements of bad weather i can only assume its the cold weather and will bear this in mind for the future
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: last years gb rings   last years gb rings Empty

Back to top Go down

last years gb rings
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next