Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
Pigeon Pictures... Emptyby David Today at 2:49 pm

» Good Morning
Pigeon Pictures... Emptyby David Today at 2:48 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Pigeon Pictures... Emptyby David Today at 1:35 pm

» APHA Forms .......
Pigeon Pictures... Emptyby David Fri May 17, 2024 11:38 am

» come join us
Pigeon Pictures... Emptyby David Thu May 16, 2024 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Pigeon Pictures... Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
Pigeon Pictures... Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
Pigeon Pictures... Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
Pigeon Pictures... Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Pigeon Pictures... 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 23 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 23 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Pigeon Pictures... Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
Pigeon Pictures... Vote_lcapPigeon Pictures... Voting_barPigeon Pictures... Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Pigeon Pictures... Vote_lcapPigeon Pictures... Voting_barPigeon Pictures... Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1298 registered users
The newest registered user is Marcdvc11

Our users have posted a total of 222882 messages in 14007 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Pigeon Pictures... Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Pigeon Pictures... Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Pigeon Pictures...

Go down 
+4
bikesfred54
Chad
birdy2011
David
8 posters
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Pigeon Pictures... Empty
PostSubject: Pigeon Pictures...   Pigeon Pictures... EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 8:10 pm

just thought id post a few pics of my birds.........dont think these have been on before. affraid

Lefebre Dahaens yearling cock...

Pigeon Pictures... DSCF0856

this is my yearling janssen cock, hes very tame......

Pigeon Pictures... 008-1

this is the janssen cock which is the father of martyns exchange ybs...

Pigeon Pictures... 019-1

this is a janssen hen which is the mother to martyns exchange ybs (bred two 1st prize winners)

Pigeon Pictures... 20110614_26

this is a janssen cock who has 3 1sts racing.

Pigeon Pictures... 013

this is a janssen stock hen which is paired to the ch cock above.

Pigeon Pictures... 018
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

Pigeon Pictures... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Pictures...   Pigeon Pictures... EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 8:24 pm

nice birds david had some good l/dahnes from louella years ago
Back to top Go down
Chad
Hatchling
Hatchling
Chad

Pigeon Pictures... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Pictures...   Pigeon Pictures... EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 8:25 pm

very nice
Back to top Go down
bikesfred54
Chipping
Chipping

Pigeon Pictures... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Pictures...   Pigeon Pictures... EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 8:27 pm

yeah very nice birds david.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Pigeon Pictures... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Pictures...   Pigeon Pictures... EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 8:40 pm

birdy2011 wrote:
nice birds david had some good l/dahnes from louella years ago

yes graham, we originally bought the lefebres from louella in the early 80`s, we bought groups of 6 and 12 and to be fair they raced very well for us more or less winning from day one, they also bred birds to win as yearlings/old birds until we pact in with pigeons after the 1986 season.......the lefebres i have now originated from nigel cowood and jimmy richards but as yet they are mainly untested for me..........i think ray has some similar way bred.

Last edited by David on Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

Pigeon Pictures... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Pictures...   Pigeon Pictures... EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 8:41 pm

nice birds david great condition , cant help noticing on the first pic boxes dont look very wide have you cut the box fronts down
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Pigeon Pictures... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Pictures...   Pigeon Pictures... EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 8:41 pm

thanks for the comments chad and fred............... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Pigeon Pictures... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Pictures...   Pigeon Pictures... EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 8:44 pm

ian wrote:
nice birds david great condition , cant help noticing on the first pic boxes dont look very wide have you cut the box fronts down

yes you are correct ian, the boxes were made to fit a 6ft section so the plastic fronts were cut to fit.........they work ok but they are a bit tight when breeding as i feed in the box with the plastic cups and the ybs tend to s**t into the food when they are a bit bigger......

happy enough with the boxes tho` altho in my stock shed they are normal size.....
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

Pigeon Pictures... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Pictures...   Pigeon Pictures... EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 8:45 pm

David wrote:
ian wrote:

yes you are correct ian, the boxes were made to fit a 6ft section so the plastic fronts were cut to fit.........they work ok but they are a bit tight when breeding as i feed in the box with the plastic cups and the ybs tend to s**t into the food when they are a bit bigger......

happy enough with the boxes tho` altho in my stock shed they are normal size.....
you can only put in what fits david if it works then its fine
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

Pigeon Pictures... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Pictures...   Pigeon Pictures... EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 8:46 pm

is that the nigel coward from retford notts think he was oe of the first to start up one loft races if imright
he had l/dahnes t0 but dont know if its same guy you got um off
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Pigeon Pictures... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Pictures...   Pigeon Pictures... EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 8:47 pm

yes graham, it is him....he also sells pigeon products too at the usual shows etc.
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

Pigeon Pictures... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Pictures...   Pigeon Pictures... EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 8:50 pm

oh right somymemory aint blocked yet then has he got a web site
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Pigeon Pictures... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Pictures...   Pigeon Pictures... EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 8:59 pm

i dont know if he has a website graham, i do know he sells products and can find out how to contact him if you need to, my brother bought "something" off him a couple of weeks ago so he wont be hard to contact.
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

Pigeon Pictures... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Pictures...   Pigeon Pictures... EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 9:00 pm

ok thanks
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

Pigeon Pictures... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Pictures...   Pigeon Pictures... EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 11:45 pm

Lovely pigeons david look excellent

my dhanens are all based around louella pigeons in the early 80's, mainly bred around louellas magic blue, one hens a grandaughter, another a g.g daughter, and the cocks are similar
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Pigeon Pictures... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Pictures...   Pigeon Pictures... EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 12:31 am

there was a double grandson of magic blue for sale on louella maybe a couple of years ago alex, it was only either 70 or 80 pounds at the time..........i wondered if it was a mistake as i would have thought it was worth more than that........... scratch
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

Pigeon Pictures... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Pictures...   Pigeon Pictures... EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 12:37 am

would have thought it would have been more too david
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

Pigeon Pictures... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Pictures...   Pigeon Pictures... EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 12:39 am

double grandson....hows that bred david what was he bred back to?
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Pigeon Pictures... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Pictures...   Pigeon Pictures... EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 12:50 am

must be that his father was a son of magic blue, and his mother was a daughter of magic blue.......so magic blue would have been the granfather on both sides..... scratch i think....lol
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Pigeon Pictures... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Pictures...   Pigeon Pictures... EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 11:17 am

nice looking healthy birds david well done
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

Pigeon Pictures... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Pictures...   Pigeon Pictures... EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 2:26 pm

birdy2011 wrote:
is that the nigel coward from retford notts think he was oe of the first to start up one loft races if imright
he had l/dahnes t0 but dont know if its same guy you got um off

Yes your right Graham, Nigel was the first with the one loft races

Think i still have the article on him
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Pigeon Pictures... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Pictures...   Pigeon Pictures... EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 5:48 pm

oldstrain wrote:
nice looking healthy birds david well done

thanks darren, funny tho i always seem to think other peoples look in better condition than my own......maybe its just one of those things eh...lol
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

Pigeon Pictures... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Pictures...   Pigeon Pictures... EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 5:55 pm

i always think others look better but to be honest you see your own every day so its just your seeing others in a different light really
when i used to work away from home the kids always seem to look differant when you got back its just cus you aint seen um for a few days they change so much

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pigeon Pictures... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Pictures...   Pigeon Pictures... Empty

Back to top Go down

Pigeon Pictures...
Page 1 of 1