Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
HOW FAR YOU GOING TO SEND YB THIS YEAR Emptyby David Today at 9:16 pm

» Good Morning
HOW FAR YOU GOING TO SEND YB THIS YEAR Emptyby David Today at 2:48 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
HOW FAR YOU GOING TO SEND YB THIS YEAR Emptyby David Today at 1:35 pm

» APHA Forms .......
HOW FAR YOU GOING TO SEND YB THIS YEAR Emptyby David Fri May 17, 2024 11:38 am

» come join us
HOW FAR YOU GOING TO SEND YB THIS YEAR Emptyby David Thu May 16, 2024 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
HOW FAR YOU GOING TO SEND YB THIS YEAR Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
HOW FAR YOU GOING TO SEND YB THIS YEAR Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
HOW FAR YOU GOING TO SEND YB THIS YEAR Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
HOW FAR YOU GOING TO SEND YB THIS YEAR Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) HOW FAR YOU GOING TO SEND YB THIS YEAR 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 30 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 30 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.HOW FAR YOU GOING TO SEND YB THIS YEAR Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
HOW FAR YOU GOING TO SEND YB THIS YEAR Vote_lcapHOW FAR YOU GOING TO SEND YB THIS YEAR Voting_barHOW FAR YOU GOING TO SEND YB THIS YEAR Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
HOW FAR YOU GOING TO SEND YB THIS YEAR Vote_lcapHOW FAR YOU GOING TO SEND YB THIS YEAR Voting_barHOW FAR YOU GOING TO SEND YB THIS YEAR Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1298 registered users
The newest registered user is Marcdvc11

Our users have posted a total of 222884 messages in 14007 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
HOW FAR YOU GOING TO SEND YB THIS YEAR Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
HOW FAR YOU GOING TO SEND YB THIS YEAR Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

HOW FAR YOU GOING TO SEND YB THIS YEAR

Go down 
+6
oldstrain
stormqueen
SGWBrown
Rene A
George & Morgan
kev d
10 posters
AuthorMessage
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

HOW FAR YOU GOING TO SEND YB THIS YEAR Empty
PostSubject: HOW FAR YOU GOING TO SEND YB THIS YEAR   HOW FAR YOU GOING TO SEND YB THIS YEAR EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 9:19 pm

hi chaps just a question how far you going to send your yb this season , mine have been to 94 miles and im picking four out for the NFC yb national in 2 weeks time
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: how far are you going to send yb this year   HOW FAR YOU GOING TO SEND YB THIS YEAR EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 9:33 pm

how far is your longest race for you, in n. ireland it used to be just over 300 mls inland
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: HOW FAR YOU GOING TO SEND YB THIS YEAR   HOW FAR YOU GOING TO SEND YB THIS YEAR EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 9:40 pm

as i live in somerset we can,t really get any distance for yb racing but the yb national
will be 204 miles to me from fourgers .
Back to top Go down
Rene A
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rene A

PostSubject: Re: HOW FAR YOU GOING TO SEND YB THIS YEAR   HOW FAR YOU GOING TO SEND YB THIS YEAR EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 10:08 pm

our furthest race is Messac 120 mile all mine will be goin if not to far into their moult Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SGWBrown
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: HOW FAR YOU GOING TO SEND YB THIS YEAR   HOW FAR YOU GOING TO SEND YB THIS YEAR EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 10:23 pm

Mine is to Carentan in France which is 240 miles. It's my intention to send but I'm not entirely decided yet - it depends on what I've got left, how they are in their moult and how they've come in the previous race(s).
Back to top Go down
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

PostSubject: Re: HOW FAR YOU GOING TO SEND YB THIS YEAR   HOW FAR YOU GOING TO SEND YB THIS YEAR EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 11:41 pm

thy will go to 246 miles in the club .
but if we go to the young bird national thats 320 miles.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: HOW FAR YOU GOING TO SEND YB THIS YEAR   HOW FAR YOU GOING TO SEND YB THIS YEAR EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 1:20 am

kelso 298 miles for a select few
Back to top Go down
madas26
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)

PostSubject: Re: HOW FAR YOU GOING TO SEND YB THIS YEAR   HOW FAR YOU GOING TO SEND YB THIS YEAR EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 8:49 am

mine will go the full program,to many members think there ornaments,my pigeons have got to earn there crust lol,dont fancy feeding a team that are no good,all winter to lose them as yearlings
Back to top Go down
Ginger
Youngbird
Youngbird
Ginger

PostSubject: Re: HOW FAR YOU GOING TO SEND YB THIS YEAR   HOW FAR YOU GOING TO SEND YB THIS YEAR EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 11:18 am

Madas you say you are sending your youngbirds all the way, if you send half your birds to the race and keep the other half home, I dont mean the ones that are no good some you think will be allright and see next year on a par how many you have left compered to the ones you have flown I think you will find the young one that was trained and not pushed you would have just as many if not more than the ones you flow the year befor things are going wrong with young birds now, you try it and see I think its got something to do with the vacination but thats my way of thinking any way scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch
Back to top Go down
Ginger
Youngbird
Youngbird
Ginger

PostSubject: Re: HOW FAR YOU GOING TO SEND YB THIS YEAR   HOW FAR YOU GOING TO SEND YB THIS YEAR EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 11:51 am

This is my opinion study we are breeding too many youngsters,which leads to over crowding which is no good for the birds, we are breeding allmost from everything, we are not being serlective enough with the birds breed less and things would or should get better, We all no what problems the birds have to face these days, but I dont think we are doing anything to help the way we are going, a few years ago there was small back garden lofts/sheds where they had to breed from the good ones as their was not enough room to house all and I think then they where on a par better flyers then they lost some but they allways had their 20 24 in the loft I dont think the birds are as good now as they was then we might be getting better results but we are lossing a hell of a lot more birds WHERE HAVE WE GONE WRONG scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: HOW FAR YOU GOING TO SEND YB THIS YEAR   HOW FAR YOU GOING TO SEND YB THIS YEAR EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 8:41 pm

mine are at 137 miles at the moment, our next race is billericay which im not sure of the distance, im not going to push them too far because i will need them as an oldbird team next season as ive only got 8 ybs......so if i loose them i`ll be back to square one again,the trouble is i need to decide when to stop them and when to send ???
Back to top Go down
madas26
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)

PostSubject: Re: HOW FAR YOU GOING TO SEND YB THIS YEAR   HOW FAR YOU GOING TO SEND YB THIS YEAR EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 11:27 am

why keep pigeons that aint gonna do anything for u?,wots point in feeding them all through winter just to loose em at the start of next season?, in my experience if u dont send them as young birds they make shite old birds
Back to top Go down
Ginger
Youngbird
Youngbird
Ginger

PostSubject: Re: HOW FAR YOU GOING TO SEND YB THIS YEAR   HOW FAR YOU GOING TO SEND YB THIS YEAR EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 6:55 pm

Madas all I was trying to say if you want to keep going with pigeons you have to builed a team of birds you should keep some for next year not all if you have trained them they be allright just trying help some one stay in pigeons I have made all the mistakes you can think of and will make a lot more if you loss all your birds it dont make me any richer or poorer just trying to help
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: HOW FAR YOU GOING TO SEND YB THIS YEAR   HOW FAR YOU GOING TO SEND YB THIS YEAR EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 3:54 pm

madas26 wrote:
why keep pigeons that aint gonna do anything for u?,wots point in feeding them all through winter just to loose em at the start of next season?, in my experience if u dont send them as young birds they make shite old birds

in a way i agree midas, ive found that ybs who dont race were no good and i lost them pretty quickly.........also the reason why im considering stopping my ybs is because i only have 8 ybs and if i push tem any further and loose them this means i dont have an old bird team for next year, as ive just restarted in the sport after a long lay off im finding it very hard to get a team built up...........
Back to top Go down
bikesfred54
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: HOW FAR YOU GOING TO SEND YB THIS YEAR   HOW FAR YOU GOING TO SEND YB THIS YEAR EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 5:32 pm

i no when i raced there were some flyers that never raced young birds but still had top results racing them as yearlings and older.and if you dont race your young birds but still train theres no reason they should not turn out just as good.
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: how far are you going to send yb this year   HOW FAR YOU GOING TO SEND YB THIS YEAR EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 8:26 pm

david is there a reason you only have 8 young birds to race and what do you think will be there best distance as old birds .as you have kept pigeons before you must know young bird results mean very little i did post that the wind this weekend was going to be north east not sure if it still is so you could do well this weekend or get cleaned out it is a difficult decision good luck what ever you do
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: HOW FAR YOU GOING TO SEND YB THIS YEAR   HOW FAR YOU GOING TO SEND YB THIS YEAR EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 8:52 pm

ive heard that the K index the sun solar flares is going to be very high this weekend
so take care with sending yb .
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: HOW FAR YOU GOING TO SEND YB THIS YEAR   HOW FAR YOU GOING TO SEND YB THIS YEAR EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 9:06 pm

rainbow wrote:
david is there a reason you only have 8 young birds to race and what do you think will be there best distance as old birds .as you have kept pigeons before you must know young bird results mean very little i did post that the wind this weekend was going to be north east not sure if it still is so you could do well this weekend or get cleaned out it is a difficult decision good luck what ever you do

hi rainbow, i only started with 11 ybs this year.......this is due to sending 2 to ian for the fut race, and 4 to mark brown for the nfc test loft, i also sent 2 to martyn for the yb exchange so out of originally breeding 20 ybs i was left with approx 12, and by the time i started to race i had 11 to compete with...........

one thing i have learned tho is to breed as many as i can in one round, and keep them all to race because after joining the club two seasons ago im still no wiser as to which, if any are any good.

thanks for the tip re the weather, im maybe thinking to save them at home until our comeback race.......no point throwing them away.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HOW FAR YOU GOING TO SEND YB THIS YEAR   HOW FAR YOU GOING TO SEND YB THIS YEAR Empty

Back to top Go down

HOW FAR YOU GOING TO SEND YB THIS YEAR
Page 1 of 1