Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
seeds   percentage   Emptyby David Yesterday at 7:23 pm

» is channel racing finished
seeds   percentage   Emptyby David Yesterday at 2:52 pm

» Good Morning
seeds   percentage   Emptyby David Yesterday at 2:51 pm

» The end of the RPRA Weekly
seeds   percentage   Emptyby David Thu Jun 13, 2024 7:47 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
seeds   percentage   Emptyby David Thu Jun 13, 2024 5:50 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
seeds   percentage   Emptyby David Tue Jun 11, 2024 11:08 am

» Bacon & eggs !!!.
seeds   percentage   Emptyby Knackered Sat Jun 01, 2024 2:53 am

» Race Results
seeds   percentage   Emptyby oldstrain Fri May 31, 2024 10:14 am

» PR For Pigeons
seeds   percentage   Emptyby David Sun May 26, 2024 8:41 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) seeds   percentage   20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 21 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 21 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.seeds   percentage   Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
seeds   percentage   Vote_lcapseeds   percentage   Voting_barseeds   percentage   Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
seeds   percentage   Vote_lcapseeds   percentage   Voting_barseeds   percentage   Vote_rcap 
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1298 registered users
The newest registered user is Marcdvc11

Our users have posted a total of 223199 messages in 14013 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
seeds   percentage   Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
seeds   percentage   Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

seeds percentage

Go down 
+6
oldstrain
chris perry
David
birdy2011
Gaz b
seanl
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
seanl
Youngbird
Youngbird

seeds   percentage   Empty
PostSubject: seeds percentage    seeds   percentage   EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 7:47 pm

what seeds do members feed and why
black rape
lin seed
hemp
canary seed
ect what percentage
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: seeds percentage    seeds   percentage   EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 8:20 pm

Depends on the time of year, I feed high carbs during the racing season and peanuts when I need to give it a bit of weight.
Back to top Go down
http://kjlofts.yolasite.com/about-our-birds.php
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: seeds percentage    seeds   percentage   EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 8:56 pm

feed has changed so much but to be honest the basics havent the corn merchants aint really got a clue
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: seeds percentage    seeds   percentage   EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 8:58 pm

whatever the season racing, resting, i always feed 50/50 a corn mix and super diet.......as super diet is a high energy mix with some good small seeds in it......including linseed.

i dont use it when breeding tho.
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: seeds percentage    seeds   percentage   EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 9:02 pm

I'll be honest a lot of fanciers ain't got a clue, especially with racing mixes. There's very little fat in my mix and when I need it I add it.
The pigeons will tell ya what they want, just watch what they favour at diggerent times of the year. Breeding times the fattier stuff, racing the smaller stuff.
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: seeds percentage    seeds   percentage   EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 9:04 pm

barley is my leveler feed small amounts of food at all times by hand your right some will run round for the best bits but they soon get fed up with barley
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: seeds percentage    seeds   percentage   EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 9:15 pm

I only use wheat, peas, maize for racing with red cell and honey in the water.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: seeds percentage    seeds   percentage   EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 10:28 pm

i stopped using the mixture od honey and cider vinegar, think i might start using it again........ scratch

i gave them it three times a week mixed in the water.
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: seeds percentage    seeds   percentage   EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 10:43 pm

I only give honey in its own or mixed with yerba tea. I use cider vinegar with the younguns early on.
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: seeds percentage    seeds   percentage   EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 11:03 pm

never tried cider vin is it any good
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: seeds percentage    seeds   percentage   EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 11:09 pm

It's great for younguns. Not only for the digestive system, but also for clearing any mucus they may have.
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: seeds percentage    seeds   percentage   EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 9:19 am

whats it like on chips
Back to top Go down
chris perry
Hatchling
Hatchling
chris perry

PostSubject: Re: seeds percentage    seeds   percentage   EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 9:33 am

seanl wrote:
what seeds do members feed and why
black rape
lin seed
hemp
canary seed
ect what percentage

i allways mix my homoform 50/50 with mixed canary seed , dont last 5 mins in the feeder gone in seconds , i give it them once a week on a sunday except when they are rearing young birds i give twice a week.
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: seeds percentage    seeds   percentage   EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 10:21 am

Never tried it g. lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: seeds percentage    seeds   percentage   EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 10:47 am

i think homofrom is over priced to be honest
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: seeds percentage    seeds   percentage   EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 11:00 am

never used it graham, i know plenty who do but just never bothered.....it quite expensive so im told.

2011 season i only fed breeding mix in the boxes and always made sure they had plenty, other years ive added pellets and to be honest i never seen any difference in the ybs but this year my yb team was the best yet............weather this was down to what i fed the parents i dont know,
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: seeds percentage    seeds   percentage   EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 11:51 am

i make my own hormoform groats cod liver oil and yeast and i add some provit to it works out alot cheaper
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: seeds percentage    seeds   percentage   EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 11:59 am

Homoform is like any other convenience mixture, you pay through the nose for it.
All these things are easily done, cheaply, with a little thought and educating yourselves about pigeon nutrition.
You have got to make this hobby as cheaply as you can, I don't mean that by cutting corners. On the contrary, but procuring your own mixes like your corn, grits and minerals. It can save you a small fortune.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: seeds percentage    seeds   percentage   EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 12:03 pm

yes i agree gary, if you read up and get the knowleage im sure we could make pigeon keeping a lot cheaper for our selves.........the thing is, its convienient to go to the corn supplies and buy it, rather than mixing and preparing it your self.
Back to top Go down
yorkshireterrier77
Chipping
Chipping
yorkshireterrier77

PostSubject: Re: seeds percentage    seeds   percentage   EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 12:11 pm

i agree with you there gary lad , you make the sport/hobbie as cheap or as expensive as you wish , there are fanciers that win at all levels with expensive and inexspensive systems . old school maybe verses new school some may say, but either way they win . we all do things are own way, with the money we want to spend that differs all across the board but the fundamentals are the key , right housing , right birds and right manegment all the suppliments and tonics in the world wont make didley squat of a difference if they aint right . and you dnnt need to be an experianced fancier to know that. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cawdy
Chipping
Chipping
cawdy

PostSubject: Re: seeds percentage    seeds   percentage   EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 12:19 pm

deffo agree there gary and david thers allot of things that you can make up your self for a fraction of the price. my uncle has always used his own supplements whic are for the most part natural and mixed his own feed and i think you learn allot more doing that that just giving them this or that because someone said so

if you realy look into some of the supplements you can they most of them have very simple active ingredients which can be bought on there own and in most cases would have the same effect

before i got into heavily involved in the pigeons i used to keep British finches and there the guys to ask about doing thinks cheep. they collect allot of there conditioning seeds from the wild. most make there own soft food for when feeding young and also for the brits that need insects when feeding young they breed there own
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: seeds percentage    seeds   percentage   EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 12:34 pm

CANT BEAT BABY MILK ON THE CORN WHEN BREEDING IT HAS THE LOT
LOOK HOW QUICK THEM WEE BABIES GROWN ON IT FOR SIX MONTHS
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: seeds percentage    seeds   percentage   EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 12:56 pm

birdy2011 wrote:
CANT BEAT BABY MILK ON THE CORN WHEN BREEDING IT HAS THE LOT
LOOK HOW QUICK THEM WEE BABIES GROWN ON IT FOR SIX MONTHS

Agree there with you Graham
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: seeds percentage    seeds   percentage   EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 1:40 pm

i think theres a lot of pigeon men make pigeon keeping/racing harder than it needs to be, make it simple............some think too much Razz
Back to top Go down
seanl
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: seeds percentage    seeds   percentage   EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 3:53 pm

David wrote:
i think theres a lot of pigeon men make pigeon keeping/racing harder than it needs to be, make it simple............some think too much Razz

keep it simple and stick to your system and the results will come
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: seeds percentage    seeds   percentage   Empty

Back to top Go down

seeds percentage
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next