Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
racing pigeon or doves Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 2:06 am

» come join us
racing pigeon or doves Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:21 am

» Weather today
racing pigeon or doves Emptyby David Yesterday at 9:45 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
racing pigeon or doves Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
racing pigeon or doves Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:19 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
racing pigeon or doves Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
racing pigeon or doves Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
racing pigeon or doves Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
racing pigeon or doves Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) racing pigeon or doves 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 27 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 26 Guests :: 1 Bot

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.racing pigeon or doves Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
racing pigeon or doves Vote_lcapracing pigeon or doves Voting_barracing pigeon or doves Vote_rcap 
David
racing pigeon or doves Vote_lcapracing pigeon or doves Voting_barracing pigeon or doves Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222847 messages in 14006 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
racing pigeon or doves Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
racing pigeon or doves Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

racing pigeon or doves

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
goldenbrown
Chipping
Chipping

racing pigeon or doves Empty
PostSubject: racing pigeon or doves   racing pigeon or doves EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 3:47 pm

hello,My name is james and I am having a dove cott built by some friends but in the process of asking for advice from locals i have been advised/pushed/ towards racing pigeons so I am asking for some advice. I have never kept them,the wife and kids would love doves(pretty). Any help/advice would be greatl, ie, how much time a week, how big does the pigeon loft have to be for 30/40 pigeons i have done a search but thought i would ask any way, i am based on the isle of wight.

all the best goldenbrown
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: racing pigeon or doves   racing pigeon or doves EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 4:10 pm

hi goldenbrown, welcome to the site.........i dont think there is a set size for pigeon lofts or an exact amount of birds you have in a section, personally i have my loft split into 6 x 6 sections and although i have maybe 16 per section at the moment i would prefer to house maybe 12 in a 6 x 6...........

the most important thing is not to over crowd, good ventilation and a dry loft.......

hope this helps, and im sure others will advise when they log onto the site.......altho it is a bit quiet at the moment due to it been christmas.
Back to top Go down
lvlasked
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: racing pigeon or doves   racing pigeon or doves EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 9:44 am

racing pigeons all day for me Very Happy you dont need a bit shed 6x6 would do
Back to top Go down
http://cing.co.uk/
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: racing pigeon or doves   racing pigeon or doves EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 11:46 am

30 or 40 theirs a big difference for starters ,will they fly out or be prisoner stock ?

ok lets say 30 ..........at minimum i would say 12 x 6 feet the criterias are good air flow and not to overcrowd as both these will bring you problems i have read a few times that 1 sq metre of air space per bird is ideal and this is what i keep to its no good packing the pigeons in and overcrowding as you will never have a healthy enviroment nor a happy one best to have fewer birds that are healthy and happy that can do you justice jmo
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: racing pigeon or doves   racing pigeon or doves EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 12:41 pm

if your serious about keeping racers look at some of the topics on
here about health and house keeping of racers its a time consuming hobby
so be prepared to look after them 7 days aweek keep them cleaned out and give them a good sound
mixture of corn , peas beans wheat barley maize , also they need fresh water every day and make sure the shed there in as good ventilation with air vents in the front of the loft at the bottom and air vents at the back of the loft where the walls meet the celling and most of all keep the loft dry don,t let the rain in the loft as you
will have problems they also need grit and minerals , any more questions ask away every one will give you advice but 30 pigeons is to many i would say start with 12 start small and build up your learning so don,t take on to much . cheers kev
Back to top Go down
goldenbrown
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: racing pigeon or doves   racing pigeon or doves EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 11:14 pm

many thanks for advice,I have an 8x12 being built for 20 racers,am very happy with the loft so far concrete base with water/electric seemed a bit over the top at first but after looking at others seems about right, will post some pics as soon as i can,thanks for advice,

happy new year all.

golden

I have so much to learn.
Back to top Go down
goldenbrown
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: racing pigeon or doves   racing pigeon or doves EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 11:07 am

racing pigeon or doves DSCN0213

seems to live in the fields behind my garden!likes my new loft.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: racing pigeon or doves   racing pigeon or doves Empty

Back to top Go down

racing pigeon or doves
Page 1 of 1