Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
ETS over Clocking system - Page 3 Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 12:30 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
ETS over Clocking system - Page 3 Emptyby David Today at 11:48 am

» Weather today
ETS over Clocking system - Page 3 Emptyby David Today at 10:31 am

» BHW Subscriptions
ETS over Clocking system - Page 3 Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
ETS over Clocking system - Page 3 Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
ETS over Clocking system - Page 3 Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
ETS over Clocking system - Page 3 Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
ETS over Clocking system - Page 3 Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» Scandalous .......
ETS over Clocking system - Page 3 Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) ETS over Clocking system - Page 3 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 51 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 51 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.ETS over Clocking system - Page 3 Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
ETS over Clocking system - Page 3 Vote_lcapETS over Clocking system - Page 3 Voting_barETS over Clocking system - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
ETS over Clocking system - Page 3 Vote_lcapETS over Clocking system - Page 3 Voting_barETS over Clocking system - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222791 messages in 14005 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
ETS over Clocking system - Page 3 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
ETS over Clocking system - Page 3 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

ETS over Clocking system

Go down 
+11
edgie
Boosey
VanReet Man123
mufc rick
birdy2011
Don Webb
Knackered
seanl
EssexSteve
sj lofts
northern monkey
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

ETS over Clocking system - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ETS over Clocking system   ETS over Clocking system - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 6:45 pm

spencerline wrote:
Each to their own, allthough if you are taking 1st 10 places thats more to do with the days elements and your loft position as well as a team of birds ready to do the job at the chosen distance on the day.
As regards the position of the ETS pads that is up to the club to ensure they are in the correct position but the rule is within the confines of the loft "Whatever that means".
For years the fancier with plenty of birds and  real estate and an open door with a team of guys helping him to clock em has had a huge advantage of the little guy in his tiny back yard surrounded by houses that the bird has to land on before it can fly down to trap.
ETS is just a great equalizer, we never had a grant in our club, we saved up for one and put it into use the very first raceday it was cleared for use in the UK.
Here in Portugal they were on ETS years before the UK legalised the use of ETS and everybody has it. It is impossible to cheat the clock too and this has happened many times with the old rubbers system with Printer clocks and Toulet clocks.
The only drawback is the cost of ETS rings but thats the individuals choice and if he or she wants them they can buy as many as they like.
This is only the beggining of modern technology in pigeon racing as not too far in the future the birds will carry a ring that will be store information of its line of flight and if it stopped and for how long and maybe even the bird will be able to be tracked live during the race. Time will tell but it will make pigeon racing even more appealing to some new starters along with established fanciers with a mind to know more about their homing skills.
It makes life easier and it is better for the birds and the fanciers for many reasons already pointed out.
Spot on Kev the sport is changing
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

ETS over Clocking system - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ETS over Clocking system   ETS over Clocking system - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 12:24 am

stewhit wrote:
spencerline wrote:
Each to their own, allthough if you are taking 1st 10 places thats more to do with the days elements and your loft position as well as a team of birds ready to do the job at the chosen distance on the day.
As regards the position of the ETS pads that is up to the club to ensure they are in the correct position but the rule is within the confines of the loft "Whatever that means".
For years the fancier with plenty of birds and  real estate and an open door with a team of guys helping him to clock em has had a huge advantage of the little guy in his tiny back yard surrounded by houses that the bird has to land on before it can fly down to trap.
ETS is just a great equalizer, we never had a grant in our club, we saved up for one and put it into use the very first raceday it was cleared for use in the UK.
Here in Portugal they were on ETS years before the UK legalised the use of ETS and everybody has it. It is impossible to cheat the clock too and this has happened many times with the old rubbers system with Printer clocks and Toulet clocks.
The only drawback is the cost of ETS rings but thats the individuals choice and if he or she wants them they can buy as many as they like.
This is only the beggining of modern technology in pigeon racing as not too far in the future the birds will carry a ring that will be store information of its line of flight and if it stopped and for how long and maybe even the bird will be able to be tracked live during the race. Time will tell but it will make pigeon racing even more appealing to some new starters along with established fanciers with a mind to know more about their homing skills.
It makes life easier and it is better for the birds and the fanciers for many reasons already pointed out.
totally agree kev gtta be the best thing since sliced bread m8 ive been in the igeon game about 35 yrs on and off and its a sign of things to come m8 wud never use manual clockin again if had my choice Wink 
What I'm about to say here as Sad  as it is in many ways, highlites one of the benefits of the EC system & modern technology type of thing. Yesterday here !!!!!!!! I mentioned how when I woke up & saw the wind was on the nose for the birds here that were racing I decided to go to my mates place to watch him clock etc "Which I did" Unfortunately !!!!!!!!! when I got there no one was to be seen anywhere "strange I thought to myself" 40 miles for nothing at least my old cocks had a toss etc, thou lol! lol! lol!  a few of them are still coming. Anyway !!!! being long time mates Smile Smile Smile  I wandered around in his lofts "Drooling" at what I saw & the shed was open also so I had a peak in there also "Found a few goodies". Anyway, decided to pull up a chair & wait as there was feed in the tray's for the race birds "Peas & safflower mainly" & funny coloured water in the drinkers etc Wink Wink. I forgot to mention earlier that his truck was there which also was on the strange side etc Now !!!!!! after a while a car pulls in & his son jumps out who I greet. Nice bloke, known him since he was a toddle type of thing. Honest as the day is long. "Runs his own real estate business" & he also is into horses like his dad. Wheres dad I said with a smile. In hospital !!!!! had a massive heart attack & is in intensive care & things are not all that good I'm afraid. Well !!!!!!! being a real man/bloke I nearly cried when he told me. "Enough said" Now !!! as nice as his son is he is useless with the pigeons & wouldn't know one end from the other type of thing, but he come to do what he could for the race birds etc. They had been basketed up by his dad's mate who he tosses with in his club, for the race etc "Like mates do" Anyway after a short while a pigeon comes screeming in & traps 9+ hours on the wing straight on th EC pad then throu the bobs, his boy was all a dither lol! lol! lol! wondering if everything was alright, which it was. His boy is big on technology etc "I'm not" Smile Smile  & down the road another flyer flys in another fed etc whose birds we watch trap on race day. After an hour or so Smile Smile Smile out comes his mobile phone, flick flick flick Smile Smile Smile & here he has the fed results coming throu type of thing for the bloke down the road in his fed on his phone. I was utterly amazed etc but it shows you we should never stick our head in the sand type of thing & we should embrace technology in everyway possible for the pigeons, at least in my view. Now !!! back to my mate, I waited till dark then left as his boy was taken the clock to the club etc & when I got home I looked up the results for the race on the internet. S**t happens at times in live & you just have to go with the flow etc, but also good things happen also fortunately because when I saw the Fed results & he had won 1st Fed another tear come. I just hope things pick up for him etc & he finds out how his weekend turned out. cheers
Back to top Go down

ETS over Clocking system
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3