Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» York Road & District Results 2024
e.t.s. timing Emptyby David Today at 1:35 pm

» Good Morning
e.t.s. timing Emptyby David Today at 1:33 pm

» Weather today
e.t.s. timing Emptyby David Today at 1:32 pm

» APHA Forms .......
e.t.s. timing Emptyby David Fri May 17, 2024 11:38 am

» come join us
e.t.s. timing Emptyby David Thu May 16, 2024 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
e.t.s. timing Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
e.t.s. timing Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
e.t.s. timing Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
e.t.s. timing Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) e.t.s. timing 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 33 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 32 Guests :: 1 Bot

David

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.e.t.s. timing Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
e.t.s. timing Vote_lcape.t.s. timing Voting_bare.t.s. timing Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1298 registered users
The newest registered user is Marcdvc11

Our users have posted a total of 222878 messages in 14007 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
e.t.s. timing Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
e.t.s. timing Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

e.t.s. timing

Go down 
+6
Don Webb
seanl
EssexSteve
peel bros
birdy2011
edgie
10 posters
AuthorMessage
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

e.t.s. timing Empty
PostSubject: e.t.s. timing   e.t.s. timing EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 8:03 pm

for those fanciers that already have e.t.s. would you go back to a conventional clock & rubbers ?.
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

e.t.s. timing Empty
PostSubject: Re: e.t.s. timing   e.t.s. timing EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 8:18 pm

no mate i wouldnt go back the advantages out weighs all disadvantages

and and i dont mean clocking birds at a fast rate of knots its just the way

forward now clock can be left running for late birds or training great for disabled folk or elderly who cant get around so fast

also if something comes up and you have to go out just leave clock running
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

e.t.s. timing Empty
PostSubject: Re: e.t.s. timing   e.t.s. timing EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 8:56 pm

yes for yb racing,especially with all the losses. when you lose about 20 plus ybs it mounts up...plus unikon rip us off every single year with their pathetic prices
Back to top Go down
EssexSteve
Youngbird
Youngbird
EssexSteve

e.t.s. timing Empty
PostSubject: Re: e.t.s. timing   e.t.s. timing EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 8:58 pm

No, it doesnt spook the birds by keeping having to catch them to clock
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

e.t.s. timing Empty
PostSubject: Re: e.t.s. timing   e.t.s. timing EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 9:17 pm

it does steve,the birds do get wise during the racing season.you might et a bird to come 3 or 4 times but after that i think they know whats happing/jmo
Back to top Go down
seanl
Youngbird
Youngbird

e.t.s. timing Empty
PostSubject: Re: e.t.s. timing   e.t.s. timing EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 10:45 pm

EssexSteve wrote:
what a crock of crap I only clock my y/bs when I have to I have a hen would have had 5 cards but only clocked her twice why I rest my case sean
Back to top Go down
EssexSteve
Youngbird
Youngbird
EssexSteve

e.t.s. timing Empty
PostSubject: Re: e.t.s. timing   e.t.s. timing EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 11:28 pm

peel bros wrote:
it does steve,the birds do get wise during the racing season.you might et a bird to come 3 or 4 times but after that i think they know whats happing/jmo

I agree Ray, they get shy of being clocked
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

e.t.s. timing Empty
PostSubject: Re: e.t.s. timing   e.t.s. timing EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 11:51 pm

EssexSteve wrote:
Steve I am sorry but that's a load of balls mate the races I have lost when you a youngster have been caught a few times they do shy away but with ETS they never get shy as you don't have to catch them what more can be said

The only down side with ETS is when fanciers time over 10 birds to take all the places
Back to top Go down
EssexSteve
Youngbird
Youngbird
EssexSteve

e.t.s. timing Empty
PostSubject: Re: e.t.s. timing   e.t.s. timing EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 11:55 pm

Sorry don that reads wrong lol it should say

No ets doesnt spook birds.
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

e.t.s. timing Empty
PostSubject: Re: e.t.s. timing   e.t.s. timing EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 11:57 pm

EssexSteve wrote:
Sorry don that reads wrong lol it should say

No ets doesnt spook birds.
Sorry had a few beers. LOL
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

e.t.s. timing Empty
PostSubject: Re: e.t.s. timing   e.t.s. timing EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 12:04 am

seanl wrote:
EssexSteve wrote:
what a crock of crap  I only clock  my y/bs when I have to  I have  a hen would have had 5 cards but only clocked her twice   why   I rest my case   sean
Spot on Sean here's one for you my mate Barry Fellows raced a pigeon called Bungalow Bill he won 6x1st which included 2 classic opens 4clubs and 4x1st Feds but Barry would not time him in every race if he had timed Bungalow Bill every race he would have won 10 first and the Fed every race
Some pigeon but Barry wanted him for the classic opens which he won both of them big time

It's all about the next race another fancier who does the same A.K.Tonks of Wednesbury
Back to top Go down
sjrw
Hatchling
Hatchling
sjrw

e.t.s. timing Empty
PostSubject: Re: e.t.s. timing   e.t.s. timing EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 8:56 am

peel bros wrote:
yes for yb racing,especially with all the losses. when you lose about 20 plus ybs it mounts up...plus unikon rip us off every single year with their pathetic prices

spot on ray. and I wouldent be surprized if unikon don't put there prices up again this coming year. and ybs do get shy ive had plenty sit and look at me from the roof. so it does not bother me If clock from yb races, as long as there home.atb stan
Back to top Go down
northroadracer
Chipping
Chipping

e.t.s. timing Empty
PostSubject: Re: e.t.s. timing   e.t.s. timing EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 4:35 pm

no because i hate writing out race sheets if am running late and clock checking is so much easier and what about all those plonkers who claim they would have won more but never clocked them in !! maybe that is why they dont use it cos the truth will out
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

e.t.s. timing Empty
PostSubject: Re: e.t.s. timing   e.t.s. timing EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 9:50 pm

our club wont hear of using ETS, they dont like it even being mentioned........but i if i had the chance i would certainly use it as the advantages over normal clocking are numerous.

also another local club in our fed use ETS, and i think this gives them a distinct advantage over our members on fed races, ok it doesnt make a bird a winner if it isnt one, but precious seconds can be the difference in topping the fed or coming second....JMO
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

e.t.s. timing Empty
PostSubject: Re: e.t.s. timing   e.t.s. timing EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 12:43 am

northroadracer wrote:
no because i hate writing out race sheets if am running late and clock checking is so much easier and what about all those plonkers who claim they would have won more but never clocked them in !! maybe that is why they dont use it cos the truth will out
I will agree

Heres one comment made during racing a fancier comes in the club house all worked up when asked what was the problem his comment was today his first pigeon was on line and 3 minutes infront of the expected time
When the pigeon entered the loft the next doors cat got the pigeon and ran of with it according to the fancier in question the bird would have won the club by at least 5 minutes beat that hey:lol!: lol! 
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

e.t.s. timing Empty
PostSubject: Re: e.t.s. timing   e.t.s. timing EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 12:45 am

David wrote:
our club wont hear of using ETS, they dont like it even being mentioned........but i if i had the chance i would certainly use it as the advantages over normal clocking are numerous.

also another local club in our fed use ETS, and i think this gives them a distinct advantage over our members on fed races, ok it doesnt make a bird a winner if it isnt one, but precious seconds can be the difference in topping the fed or coming second....JMO

I agree with your comment but there are advantages and disadvantages in everything
But as Geoff \Kirkland says in one of the DVD films it ok having ETS but you have to get the pigeon from the race point to the pad first ever mind thinking its going to help you win study study 

food for thought
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

e.t.s. timing Empty
PostSubject: Re: e.t.s. timing   e.t.s. timing EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 6:00 am

Don Webb wrote:
northroadracer wrote:
I will agree

Heres one comment made during racing a fancier comes in the club house all worked up when asked what was the problem his comment was today his first pigeon was on line and 3 minutes infront of the expected time
When the pigeon entered the loft the next doors cat got the pigeon  and ran of with it according to the  fancier in question  the bird would have won the club by at least 5 minutes beat that hey:lol!: lol!   
Beat that !!!!! Smile Smile  I wouldn't even try to etc, I would have just given him the red card so to speak Wink Wink. Now !!!! as old as I'm type of thing I'm all for modern technology in our sport. The Internet, E/clocks, Mobile phones or what ever it may be we should all embrace it to it's fullist, at least in my view. When I hear flyers talk about advantage/disavantege & there is !!!!!!  have no doubt on that fact with E/clocks, but still I just Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes & think there is something missing in the brain department sadly (no offence to anyone here). I have only ever had one clock in my life time Smile Smile 1958  STB special & towards the end Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad  I couldn't even put the rubber in the thimble to then put it in the clock etc "I new my time had come" Wink Wink. Now !!!!!!!! through modern techology etc here, I can sit back & watch all the results of all the federations in my local area (5) plus other feds results intrestate, as they are all posted online at there pullovers etc sitting in my armchair at home. Now !!!! If all that is not a good thing/advancement etc for our sport compared to  how things were done in the past I don't know what is or what would please those that wish to live in the past etc. cheers 
Back to top Go down
northroadracer
Chipping
Chipping

e.t.s. timing Empty
PostSubject: Re: e.t.s. timing   e.t.s. timing EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 8:03 am

Knackered wrote:
Don Webb wrote:
northroadracer wrote:
I will agree

When the pigeon entered the loft the next doors cat got the pigeon  and ran of with it according to the  fancier in question  the bird would have won the club by at least 5 minutes beat that hey:lol!: lol!   
Beat that !!!!! Smile Smile  I wouldn't even try to etc, I would have just given him the red card so to speak Wink Wink. Now !!!! as old as I'm type of thing I'm all for modern technology in our sport. The Internet, E/clocks, Mobile phones or what ever it may be we should all embrace it to it's fullist, at least in my view. When I hear flyers talk about advantage/disavantege & there is !!!!!!  have no doubt on that fact with E/clocks, but still I just Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes & think there is something missing in the brain department sadly (no offence to anyone here). I have only ever had one clock in my life time Smile Smile 1958  STB special & towards the end Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad  I couldn't even put the rubber in the thimble to then put it in the clock etc "I new my time had come" Wink Wink. Now !!!!!!!! through modern techology etc here, I can sit back & watch all the results of all the federations in my local area (5) plus other feds results intrestate, as they are all posted online at there pullovers etc sitting in my armchair at home. Now !!!! If all that is not a good thing/advancement etc for our sport compared to  how things were done in the past I don't know what is or what would please those that wish to live in the past etc. cheers 
*EXCELLENT POST OLD BOY:lol!: lol! ****
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

e.t.s. timing Empty
PostSubject: Re: e.t.s. timing   e.t.s. timing EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 10:24 am

Don Webb wrote:
David wrote:

I agree with your comment but there are advantages and disadvantages in everything
But as Geoff \Kirkland says in one of the DVD films it ok having ETS but you have to get the pigeon from the race point to the pad first ever mind thinking its going to help you win study study 

food for thought
hi don, like i say in my post, the ETS wont make a winner out of an also ran......but apart from race rubbers being cheap compared to the ETS ring, what advantages does a T3 or STB have over ETS ...?
i cant think of any. scratch 
Back to top Go down
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

e.t.s. timing Empty
PostSubject: Re: e.t.s. timing   e.t.s. timing EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 5:17 pm

it is my oppinion that if fanciers dont get with the times,and e,t,s, is but one of them, then the sport will dramaticly increase its decline, this is one of the best things to come into the sport to attract young people, the expence should be secondary, and for those less fortunate fanciers that cant afford it, then lets have some help from the blackpool show, instead of giving it away to all those charrities that certanly would not help us when the time comes?.affraid 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

e.t.s. timing Empty
PostSubject: Re: e.t.s. timing   e.t.s. timing Empty

Back to top Go down

e.t.s. timing
Page 1 of 1