Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
Weaned youngsters Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 1:29 pm

» Weather today
Weaned youngsters Emptyby David Today at 1:12 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
Weaned youngsters Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
Weaned youngsters Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
Weaned youngsters Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
Weaned youngsters Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Weaned youngsters Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Weaned youngsters Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» Scandalous .......
Weaned youngsters Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Weaned youngsters 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 53 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 53 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Weaned youngsters Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Weaned youngsters Vote_lcapWeaned youngsters Voting_barWeaned youngsters Vote_rcap 
David
Weaned youngsters Vote_lcapWeaned youngsters Voting_barWeaned youngsters Vote_rcap 
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222806 messages in 14005 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Weaned youngsters Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Weaned youngsters Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Weaned youngsters

Go down 
+6
fletch
edgie
seanl
oldstrain
David
Rudderfett
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

Weaned youngsters Empty
PostSubject: Weaned youngsters   Weaned youngsters EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 1:01 pm

I saw these on facebook today this chap had weaned off his youngsters, I thought bloody hell those are a bit young, I leave mine possibly another week as the flights and tail has hardly grow, but he assures me they are fine. What do members think?? I do believe if he has them feeding for them selves that young then they will be fine, He said anything any good will come on great at that age.
Weaned youngsters 484859_280411895468422_1794250104_n

Last edited by Rudderfett on Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Weaned youngsters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weaned youngsters   Weaned youngsters EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 1:12 pm

I would say that by the look of them they are too young, altho I hear some wean them off around 14 - 16 days with the hens....which feed all/any of the ybs between them.

I suppose this is survival of the fittest in its extreme...... study 
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Weaned youngsters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weaned youngsters   Weaned youngsters EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 1:14 pm

well its not what nature intended and I just don't see what the rush is to wean over at this stage what can be gained certainly a lot could be lost 25 days for me
Back to top Go down
seanl
Youngbird
Youngbird

Weaned youngsters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weaned youngsters   Weaned youngsters EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 1:18 pm

looking at them   bit on the young side for me but i know plenty who wean them at that age  as they be eating out the pots   but i certainly dont like leaving trays of corn in front of  them   i also like straw and shavings down when first   weaned   just got to make sure they all drinking   sean
Back to top Go down
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

Weaned youngsters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weaned youngsters   Weaned youngsters EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 2:42 pm

bit young for my likes i ,would rather get them to 24 days old, if they are eating and drinking then o/k, but if they take a setback then your in trouble, and wasted alot of time .
Back to top Go down
fletch
Hatchling
Hatchling
fletch

Weaned youngsters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weaned youngsters   Weaned youngsters EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 5:16 pm

always wean at 21 days old, any longer ya risk them coming out of the box

to be fair have moved them over at 13-14 days with all the hens in the section as well, and you willbe suprised how well they come on with all the hens feeding them
Back to top Go down
VanReet Man123
Youngbird
Youngbird
VanReet Man123

Weaned youngsters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weaned youngsters   Weaned youngsters EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 5:48 pm

Way to young i would leave them at least another week but every one has there own ways.
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

Weaned youngsters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weaned youngsters   Weaned youngsters EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 9:01 pm

Well every ones thoughts are the same as mine, I thought wow too young again why the rush they don't spend long in the nest as it is.
I suppose birds are quite unique really they go from an egg with just yolk and white to adult in 4 weeks now that's rapid growth.lol

But this chap is from Holland and seems that all his friends agree with him best at this age, and they don't seem phased by the picture at all. un like us.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Weaned youngsters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weaned youngsters   Weaned youngsters EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 9:27 pm

Rudderfett wrote:
Well every ones thoughts are the same as mine, I thought wow too young again why the rush they don't spend long in the nest as it is.
I suppose birds are quite unique really they go from an egg with just yolk and white to adult in 4 weeks now that's rapid growth.lol

But this chap is from Holland and seems that all his friends agree with him best at this age, and they don't seem phased by the picture at all. un like us.

Interesting Rudd  Smile Smile The thing that got me, was "That here" we would have 99% of the hens down on eggs again at 14 days. Differant strokes for differant folks  Wink  Wink I suspect.  cheers
Back to top Go down
EssexSteve
Youngbird
Youngbird
EssexSteve

Weaned youngsters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weaned youngsters   Weaned youngsters EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 5:02 pm

Look young to me, does he take them away that young every year or is this the 1st time he has tried it? Also does he put some hens in with them?
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Weaned youngsters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weaned youngsters   Weaned youngsters EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 9:26 pm

EssexSteve wrote:
Look young to me, does he take them away that young every year or is this the 1st time he has tried it? Also does he put some hens in with them?

Look young to me also  Smile Smile "In my loft" they would have Big trouble, climbing the ladder  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes to get to the water troughs etc.  cheers
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

Weaned youngsters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weaned youngsters   Weaned youngsters EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 9:58 pm

The hens do not go In with them, and he always does it. He was told by albert marcelis if they cant survive from 22/23 days then they are not good stock and should be disposed of anyway?
Back to top Go down
sjrw
Hatchling
Hatchling
sjrw

Weaned youngsters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weaned youngsters   Weaned youngsters EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 5:03 pm

look like there abit too young for me,. I wean mine about 30 days old . if no longer than that,. am never in a hurry too take them away. but every body too there own. atb stan
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

Weaned youngsters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weaned youngsters   Weaned youngsters EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 5:36 pm

I think perhaps 30 days is too long, I always feel when they are left longer than 28 ish they are not so active and healthy cant reall explain but at 25-28 they learn better and seem to come on better, I know its just a few days but remember in 28 they go from an egg to fully grown so days are like months really.
Bottom line I suppose is if they eat by them selves even at 21 days then they should survive and come on ok.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Weaned youngsters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weaned youngsters   Weaned youngsters EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 3:00 am

Rudderfett wrote:
I think perhaps 30 days is too long, I always feel when they are left longer than 28 ish they are not so active and healthy cant reall explain but at 25-28 they learn better and seem to come on better, I know its just a few days but remember in 28 they go from an egg to fully grown so days are like months really.
Bottom line I suppose is if they eat by them selves even at 21 days then they should survive and come on ok.

14 / 21 / 28  etc Smile Smile lol! lol! lol! how do the birds put up with us  Wink Wink quite a differance there I would say. You would think ??????? that by now Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes  we would have found the perfect system "Appears not" unfortunately. cheers
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

Weaned youngsters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weaned youngsters   Weaned youngsters EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 5:08 pm

lol! 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Weaned youngsters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weaned youngsters   Weaned youngsters Empty

Back to top Go down

Weaned youngsters
Page 1 of 1