Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
todays race melton mowbray - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 2:06 am

» come join us
todays race melton mowbray - Page 2 Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:21 am

» Weather today
todays race melton mowbray - Page 2 Emptyby David Yesterday at 9:45 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
todays race melton mowbray - Page 2 Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
todays race melton mowbray - Page 2 Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:19 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
todays race melton mowbray - Page 2 Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
todays race melton mowbray - Page 2 Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
todays race melton mowbray - Page 2 Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
todays race melton mowbray - Page 2 Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) todays race melton mowbray - Page 2 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.todays race melton mowbray - Page 2 Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
todays race melton mowbray - Page 2 Vote_lcaptodays race melton mowbray - Page 2 Voting_bartodays race melton mowbray - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
David
todays race melton mowbray - Page 2 Vote_lcaptodays race melton mowbray - Page 2 Voting_bartodays race melton mowbray - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222847 messages in 14006 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
todays race melton mowbray - Page 2 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
todays race melton mowbray - Page 2 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

todays race melton mowbray

Go down 
+3
David
peel bros
IANYOUNG
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Grizzle cock
Hatchling
Hatchling

todays race melton mowbray - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: todays race melton mowbray   todays race melton mowbray - Page 2 EmptyTue May 19, 2009 6:55 pm

Don Webb wrote:
Agree with you David but do you ever see a top sports person in condition fat or eating everything and anything

I find the best way to feed you birds is by hand or in a troff as soon as two pigeons go to the water fountain then remove the feed as the ones left are getting over fed,your best pigeons never eat a lot of food compared to the pigeons which never win

Now this is a statement i tottaly agree on.
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: todays race melton mowbray   todays race melton mowbray - Page 2 EmptyTue May 19, 2009 7:57 pm

i feed my widownood cocks in there boxes in a pot but i put there corn in by hand so they get used to me
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: todays race melton mowbray   todays race melton mowbray - Page 2 EmptyTue May 19, 2009 8:37 pm

yes , i do the same....have pots in nestbox and feed them in their boxes. some of them are used to my hand and fight with me or at least stand their ground. although some fly out of the box when i put my hand in....
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: todays race melton mowbray   todays race melton mowbray - Page 2 EmptyWed May 20, 2009 8:13 pm

same here david i like the ones that stand there ground and fight these make excellent widowhood cocks dont like the scary ones
Back to top Go down
Grizzle cock
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: todays race melton mowbray   todays race melton mowbray - Page 2 EmptyWed May 20, 2009 8:54 pm

Most cute for me is the 10 day old chics with their fearsome attacks and clicking sounds lol!
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: todays race melton mowbray   todays race melton mowbray - Page 2 EmptyWed May 20, 2009 10:13 pm

Thanks Grizzle Cock for your reply glad to see i am doing something right
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: todays race melton mowbray   todays race melton mowbray - Page 2 EmptyWed May 20, 2009 10:15 pm

Hi David

I hate widowhood cocks which will fly out of there box when you place your hand by them for me they have to go if they can not defend there home or trust you them they are no go to me
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: todays race melton mowbray   todays race melton mowbray - Page 2 EmptyWed May 20, 2009 10:19 pm

Hi Ian

always find that if a widowhood cock bird flys from his box then he will up set the rest of the birds

The best team of widowhood cock i ever saw was at mike lennon's loft he would open the door and they would just look at you and if anyone went by them they would just fight there hand this to me is how a widowhood cock should be for me monkey
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: todays race melton mowbray   todays race melton mowbray - Page 2 EmptyWed May 20, 2009 10:45 pm

Grizzle cock wrote:
Most cute for me is the 10 day old chics with their fearsome attacks and clicking sounds lol!

yes its starange niel how at 10-14 days old they guard the nest and attack yuor hand...then when they are older birds they are scared of you.... Question
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: todays race melton mowbray   todays race melton mowbray - Page 2 EmptyWed May 20, 2009 10:48 pm

i agree don, i would think a good widowhood cock would be aggressive over his terratory and guard it against anything.... cyclops
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: todays race melton mowbray   todays race melton mowbray - Page 2 EmptyWed May 20, 2009 10:56 pm

Some times you can find this with yearligs new section new surrounding that is why some fanciers and only a few or the money fanciers race there young birds and place boxes in the same loft to help them get use to the nest boxes this would mean no moving the birds to race to a different part of the loft
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: todays race melton mowbray   todays race melton mowbray - Page 2 EmptyWed May 20, 2009 11:03 pm

sometimes when i am watching my yearlings i think certain ones would make good widowers by how they want to dominate the loft and certain perches...im looking forward to racing next season to see how my birds do . jocolor
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: todays race melton mowbray   todays race melton mowbray - Page 2 EmptyWed May 20, 2009 11:22 pm

If you are going to race widowhood then remove all perches and have two single V perches which you can fit to any part of the section and you use this method when you want to fire them up mid way through the season

Just place one perch on each side of the loft and add one extra pigeon in the loft also the cocks will want to have the new perch but the extra cock will then go to the empty box this will then fire up the cock who is on the perch

That is just something else
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: todays race melton mowbray   todays race melton mowbray - Page 2 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 5:23 pm

never done this before with widowhood cocks raced widowhood for 8 years now sounds good tho ,loads of different ways just finding the right one for your pigeons
Back to top Go down
Grizzle cock
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: todays race melton mowbray   todays race melton mowbray - Page 2 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 7:07 pm

Widowhood cock racing seem to be very effective ?
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: todays race melton mowbray   todays race melton mowbray - Page 2 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 7:09 pm

dont you fly widowhood niel if not you should try it
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: todays race melton mowbray   todays race melton mowbray - Page 2 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 7:18 pm

iany wrote:
dont you fly widowhood niel if not you should try it

yes niel, dont you fly it? you should give it a try niel and see the difference......do other fanciers in your club fly w/hood?
Back to top Go down
Grizzle cock
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: todays race melton mowbray   todays race melton mowbray - Page 2 EmptyFri May 22, 2009 6:17 pm

Nobody in my club Very Happy Twisted Evil Idea lol!
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: todays race melton mowbray   todays race melton mowbray - Page 2 EmptyFri May 22, 2009 6:22 pm

give it a try should beat them all the time wiyh widowhood
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: todays race melton mowbray   todays race melton mowbray - Page 2 EmptyFri May 22, 2009 9:16 pm

yes niel, race them on widowhood and you will beat them every time....why dont they fly on this system? have they heard of it? you would be the top man if you flew this system. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Grizzle cock
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: todays race melton mowbray   todays race melton mowbray - Page 2 EmptySat May 23, 2009 5:06 pm

lol! Twisted Evil Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: todays race melton mowbray   todays race melton mowbray - Page 2 EmptySat May 23, 2009 10:00 pm

It is the best system around if you get it right you can have your birds returning very fast and as soon as you have one you have got the lot
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: todays race melton mowbray   todays race melton mowbray - Page 2 EmptySat May 23, 2009 10:07 pm

hi don, was talking to a local fancier who i competed against in the 80s and he still isnt flying widowhood.....i cant belive that people are still trying to compete with the top men and persist in flying natural. he also doesnt fly ybs on the dark so no wonder he is disheartened......
a few of the fanciers i talk to whom i raced against in the past all complain about the top flyers in our area but what do they expect when they are probably flying the desendants of the pigeons that didnt win for them 20 years ago.....cant understand them. affraid
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: todays race melton mowbray   todays race melton mowbray - Page 2 EmptySat May 23, 2009 10:50 pm

Hi David

They are what i call stick in the mud and will not change, the only way forward is to try different things which make your pigeons race faster, if you look back the widowhood was raced in the 30/40's in belgium how far am we behind
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: todays race melton mowbray   todays race melton mowbray - Page 2 EmptySat May 23, 2009 10:56 pm

youre right don, when we raced we were either top winners or around the top each year and we were only experimenting with widowhood as there was only a few doing it....hardly anyone else in the club new anything about it so no wonder we did so well, thing is they are still not doing anything any different now...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: todays race melton mowbray   todays race melton mowbray - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

todays race melton mowbray
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next