Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» escaped birds return
training youngbirds - Page 7 Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 7:59 pm

» Weather today
training youngbirds - Page 7 Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 11:44 am

» Good Morning
training youngbirds - Page 7 Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 11:42 am

» King removes Patronage
training youngbirds - Page 7 Emptyby George & Morgan Tue May 07, 2024 7:21 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
training youngbirds - Page 7 Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
training youngbirds - Page 7 Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» Scandalous .......
training youngbirds - Page 7 Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
training youngbirds - Page 7 Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
training youngbirds - Page 7 Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) training youngbirds - Page 7 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 80 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 80 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.training youngbirds - Page 7 Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
training youngbirds - Page 7 Vote_lcaptraining youngbirds - Page 7 Voting_bartraining youngbirds - Page 7 Vote_rcap 
David
training youngbirds - Page 7 Vote_lcaptraining youngbirds - Page 7 Voting_bartraining youngbirds - Page 7 Vote_rcap 
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222742 messages in 14003 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
training youngbirds - Page 7 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
training youngbirds - Page 7 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

training youngbirds

Go down 
+9
littlehen
peel bros
notykinlofts
Don Webb
doveside
David
Grizzle cock
dark_chequer
IANYOUNG
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

training youngbirds - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: training youngbirds   training youngbirds - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 8:29 am

you still have to race them all david to find out which are trying ,you sometimes get a surprise with birds so thought that might not win and they do just that,thats what makes it so rewarding sometimes,then again how many have we had that you thought might win and are rubbish...pigeons... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: training youngbirds   training youngbirds - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 3:10 pm

you just cant figure them out
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: training youngbirds   training youngbirds - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 3:15 pm

im not saying you do ray, or not saying anyone in particular....but i still yhink a lot of fanciers go by what a pigeon looks like, if it looks nice they assume its a good un. ive realised that not all good looking birds are winners and that the ones i thought were not so good are in fact the best ones..... geek
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: training youngbirds   training youngbirds - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 3:24 pm

yes some prove you wrong david when a pigeon wins or scores you look at them in a different light
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: training youngbirds   training youngbirds - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 3:38 pm

yes thats true ian, you might think they are ugly but if/when they win they are the best looking bird in the loft...... Very Happy lol!
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: training youngbirds   training youngbirds - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 8:31 pm

Yes your right Ian get rid before the moult is done no messing
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: training youngbirds   training youngbirds - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 8:34 pm

when we have a clear out at the end of the racing season to get down to nest box numbers the only way to decide on which to keep has got to be on how each bird has performed during racing....and be tough in selection, its the only way to build a strong foundation. (just my opinion) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: training youngbirds   training youngbirds - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 9:58 pm

Yes your right David
Back to top Go down
dharshini
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)

PostSubject: Re: training youngbirds   training youngbirds - Page 7 EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 1:17 pm

I left them in the crates overnight - to get them used to it - and then released them 800 feet away. Tomorrow, I'll take them a kilometer away. It's supposed to rain Wednesday. I ordered vaccines for PMV-1. I was going to parter with another club member since I don't need 100 doses. Coordinating that was a hassle so I just bought some myself. It should last two seasons based on the expiration date. A bit late. It'll trow off my training schedule a bit. I'm taking it slow this year. Most of my birds are from the 3rd round - terrible winter this year!

======================

HDMI Cable | HDMI Cables
Back to top Go down
spencerline
Hatchling
Hatchling
spencerline

PostSubject: Re: training youngbirds   training youngbirds - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 11:27 pm

Ybds need to be organised from a very early age. Basket trained by 5 weeks old or sooner, trained to 30 miles in a flock around 16 to 20 weeks old then dropped back in distance to be singled up at first 5 miles each then 2 days later 10 miles each then 25 or 30 miles every day or every other day minimum in a flock again. If you want to win out of turn. Never keep them short of grub but feed more protien after the race and more energy and corn closer to the race. I have always found that during training Young Birds who do not conform to the system, IE do not come in when the corn tin is shaken or they are whistled in are rubbish and are usually lost by 150 miles but stupidly I still send them instead of disposing of them before racing begins. I am too soft with them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.algarvepigeonracing.webs.com
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: training youngbirds   training youngbirds - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 8:34 am

i know what your saying about training them one at a time but when you have 60 or more this cannot be done, it would take to long to do espcially twice a like we used to do,maybe in groups of 3 or 4
Back to top Go down
spencerline
Hatchling
Hatchling
spencerline

PostSubject: Re: training youngbirds   training youngbirds - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 7:41 pm

Yes it is difficult but it can still be done, I am lucky in the fact that I have nothing else to do on the day I take them, I prepare a picnic and go were I am going to release the birds and throw one out every 5 mins or so if it takes 5 hours then so be it, I feel it is worth the time and effort.

i will only do it twice, once at 5 miles then a couple of days later at 10 miles then I will train normally as a flock. You could split them into two teams of 30 and one week go with team A then next week team B but you would need around 3 hrs per trip to chuck them up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.algarvepigeonracing.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: training youngbirds   training youngbirds - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

training youngbirds
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7