Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
loft ventilation - Page 2 Emptyby David Yesterday at 9:16 pm

» Good Morning
loft ventilation - Page 2 Emptyby David Yesterday at 2:48 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
loft ventilation - Page 2 Emptyby David Yesterday at 1:35 pm

» APHA Forms .......
loft ventilation - Page 2 Emptyby David Fri May 17, 2024 11:38 am

» come join us
loft ventilation - Page 2 Emptyby David Thu May 16, 2024 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
loft ventilation - Page 2 Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
loft ventilation - Page 2 Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
loft ventilation - Page 2 Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
loft ventilation - Page 2 Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) loft ventilation - Page 2 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 22 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 22 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.loft ventilation - Page 2 Resise10
Top posting users this week
No user
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1298 registered users
The newest registered user is Marcdvc11

Our users have posted a total of 222884 messages in 14007 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
loft ventilation - Page 2 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
loft ventilation - Page 2 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
loft ventilation - Page 2 Vote_lcaploft ventilation - Page 2 Voting_barloft ventilation - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
oldstrain
loft ventilation - Page 2 Vote_lcaploft ventilation - Page 2 Voting_barloft ventilation - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

loft ventilation

Go down 
+10
cowandchicken
Knackered
oldstrain
peel bros
Rudderfett
Lightning
David
IANYOUNG
Don Webb
steve1952
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

loft ventilation - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: loft ventilation   loft ventilation - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 10:39 pm

is this not a draft though
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: loft ventilation   loft ventilation - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 10:47 pm

If the holes are very small lets say 1/4 inch holes then it slows the cold air movement down and reduces any form of draft happening, this is if your loft is always facing the wind but if not then you would not need the boards to stop drafts
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: loft ventilation   loft ventilation - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 10:52 pm

so without the boards it is still ok
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: loft ventilation   loft ventilation - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 11:01 pm

The only time i would use boards would be when the wind is blowing into the loft and causing a draft which can make the pigeons uncomfortable within the loft

But as long as there are no gales and you have a good supply of air entering the loft no need to use boards
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: loft ventilation   loft ventilation - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 11:06 pm

ok thanks
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: loft ventilation   loft ventilation - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 11:17 pm

on our old widowhood loft we had louvres at the front which were fixed so they couldnt be opened or closed and these worked quite well and like don says never caused a draft.........i think loft ventilation is often overlooked and not took seriously enough, i know..........ive neglected it. geek clown
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: loft ventilation   loft ventilation - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 11:24 pm

All you need is a good air supply at a steady flow which if you stand in your loft you can feel a very small moment of air which does not disturb the birds
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: loft ventilation   loft ventilation - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 11:44 pm

Don Webb wrote:
All you need is a good air supply at a steady flow which if you stand in your loft you can feel a very small moment of air which does not disturb the birds
i have a stock loft which is 8x5 ft at the bottom of the front is a louvre and on the sides are openings 5ft x 2ft with mini flights attatched do you think this is a correct air flow don its pretty blowy in there at times Laughing also on the front where the door is open by day is a mesh inner door but its at night i have a concern and i house 12 birds in this loft ,anyones point of view would be appreciated ,thanks
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: loft ventilation   loft ventilation - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 9:40 am

darren i have spinning cowls on my lofts so even when darkening youngbirds they still have a steady airflow

loft ventilation - Page 2 P1010119
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: loft ventilation   loft ventilation - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 11:18 am

thats a good idea ian,but my neighbours are so objectional that i would not want to rock the boat as they have already phoned the council up on my loft erecting and the thing is they cant even see it Mad so i have to be careful now and cannot have loft no4 Laughing or make any changes to the airspace so im told.
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: loft ventilation   loft ventilation - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 4:22 pm

oldstrain wrote:
thats a good idea ian,but my neighbours are so objectional that i would not want to rock the boat as they have already phoned the council up on my loft erecting and the thing is they cant even see it Mad so i have to be careful now and cannot have loft no4 Laughing or make any changes to the airspace so im told.

Ask the council the amount of air space allowed mate and have it in writing then you can work things mate or have a word with the RPRA

It is just like when you ask for a conservatory they always ask about the volume of air space
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: loft ventilation   loft ventilation - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 4:30 pm

oldstrain wrote:
Don Webb wrote:
i have a stock loft which is 8x5 ft at the bottom of the front is a louvre and on the sides are openings 5ft x 2ft with mini flights attatched do you think this is a correct air flow don its pretty blowy in there at times Laughing also on the front where the door is open by day is a mesh inner door but its at night i have a concern and i house 12 birds in this loft ,anyones point of view would be appreciated ,thanks

For me the more air the better but you have to have the flow coming in in a way the it is not like a gale force wind which hits your birds as this can cause one eye colds

With having the cowls which Ian has they pull the air through the loft so there is a steady air flow coming into the loft

Darren this is only my opinion as i did this at my own loft get some quarter ply with holes drilled in it and place it over the lovers this will slow the air flow down because at night the louvers allow to much cold air and if the wind direction hits the louvers then your birds will feel uncomfatable
Hope this helps you out mate PM me if you need to know anymore

Last edited by Don Webb on Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: loft ventilation   loft ventilation - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 11:17 pm

Very Happy I must say I agree that ventilation is over looked in 80% of all lofts I have seen locally, they are often stuffy and quite closed in, I prefer the wind howling through the loft than a dry still loft. My atic loft has produced excellant results racing and the birds always look well in it. And I have the window wide open most days except windy wet days, and any sawdust/chippings that I put down are blown around often, the news papers in the nestboxes are flapping, but to me this is best, Don had it right I like to feel a little change of air in the loft rather than it to be still, but my attic loft is like this but mostly its windy...lol
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: loft ventilation   loft ventilation - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 11:40 pm

Cheers Martyn
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: loft ventilation   loft ventilation - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 2:36 pm

thankyou all for your views and help Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: loft ventilation   loft ventilation - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 15, 2017 12:58 am

oldstrain wrote:
thankyou all for your views and help  Very Happy
Just did a google Smile Smile in space, on a little brown bottle lol! lol! lol! etc & this topic surprise surprise by chance  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes come up Wink Wink.  cheers
Back to top Go down
cowandchicken
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: loft ventilation   loft ventilation - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 15, 2017 8:00 am

Feed plenty of beans and there will always be wind in the loft Laughing
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: loft ventilation   loft ventilation - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 15, 2017 9:28 pm

cowandchicken wrote:
Feed plenty of beans and there will always be wind in the loft Laughing
lol! lol! lol! Beans Smile Smile Baked beans on toast, same same  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes I suspect CC Wink Wink.  cheers
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: loft ventilation   loft ventilation - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 15, 2017 10:25 pm

Bloody hell this is an old post lol
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: loft ventilation   loft ventilation - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 16, 2017 2:53 am

Not relevant.

Last edited by halcanada on Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: loft ventilation   loft ventilation - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 16, 2017 7:57 am

feck me this is years old that lofts gone now Laughing
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: loft ventilation   loft ventilation - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 16, 2017 11:21 pm

oldstrain wrote:
lol! lol! lol! Maybe so Smile Smile relevant/irelevant Wink Wink just remember though O/S bounce bounce I was on the look out etc Wink Wink for a little brown bottle as such. cheers
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: loft ventilation   loft ventilation - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 18, 2017 12:06 am

I deleted the post. Did not know it was an old one.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: loft ventilation   loft ventilation - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 18, 2017 12:20 am

halcanada wrote:
I deleted the post. Did not know it was an old one.
Old Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes you should know/understand Hal Smile Smile some times one must dig into the past etc  Wink  Wink to find a solution for the sorry mess this sport is in now, with the over use of antibiotic's as such. cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: loft ventilation   loft ventilation - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 18, 2017 10:07 am

Knackered wrote:
oldstrain wrote:
lol! lol! lol! Maybe so Smile Smile relevant/irelevant Wink Wink just remember though O/S bounce bounce I was on the look out etc Wink Wink for a little brown bottle as such. cheers

come on oz spill the beans what ya looking for Suspect
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: loft ventilation   loft ventilation - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

loft ventilation
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next