Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
How's training going ? Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:13 am

» Good Morning
How's training going ? Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:12 am

» come join us
How's training going ? Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
How's training going ? Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
How's training going ? Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:19 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
How's training going ? Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
How's training going ? Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
How's training going ? Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
How's training going ? Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) How's training going ? 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 29 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 28 Guests :: 1 Bot

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.How's training going ? Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
How's training going ? Vote_lcapHow's training going ? Voting_barHow's training going ? Vote_rcap 
David
How's training going ? Vote_lcapHow's training going ? Voting_barHow's training going ? Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222849 messages in 14006 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
How's training going ? Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
How's training going ? Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

How's training going ?

Go down 
+2
oldstrain
peel bros
6 posters
AuthorMessage
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

How's training going ? Empty
PostSubject: How's training going ?   How's training going ? EmptyMon Jul 25, 2016 5:03 pm

We are a bit behind ourselves as per usual after a few mishaps.just wondering how others are doing with their training .how far are you .have you lost many.do you let them all up together or do you split them ect ect ...thanks
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: How's training going ?   How's training going ? EmptyMon Jul 25, 2016 5:14 pm

we had our last toss at 22 mile today all home 1 was late and has worked hard to get back...lost 6 training 5 in one hit they have had 12 tosses 3 at 5 miles 4 at 12 miles and 5 at 22 miles training in the stroud valley maybe a 12 mile toss midweek then into first race for my naturals
Back to top Go down
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

PostSubject: Re: How's training going ?   How's training going ? EmptyMon Jul 25, 2016 5:25 pm

Trainings been going unbelievably well 14 tosses started with 3 tosses at 17 miles and toss them now at 20 or 30.
They are smashing it home and I'm not home when they come home but by the time they are registering they can't be hanging about trapping, last Thursday they were all in within 12 seconds.
Then on their 1st race Saturday they were 33 minutes behind.
I feel I'm doing everything right, it's like banging your head against a wall.
Training them Tuesday and Thursday this week, weather permitting.
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: How's training going ?   How's training going ? EmptyMon Jul 25, 2016 7:29 pm

Are you on natural steve
Back to top Go down
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

PostSubject: Re: How's training going ?   How's training going ? EmptyMon Jul 25, 2016 8:01 pm

Yeah some of the youngens are on eggs Ray
Back to top Go down
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

PostSubject: Re: How's training going ?   How's training going ? EmptyMon Jul 25, 2016 8:02 pm

I'm sure they will come good this weekend.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: How's training going ?   How's training going ? EmptyMon Jul 25, 2016 8:09 pm

hope they do boosey... cheers
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: How's training going ?   How's training going ? EmptyMon Jul 25, 2016 9:26 pm

Not being funny but they will not compete with Darkies,that's why we went back on it..
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: How's training going ?   How's training going ? EmptyMon Jul 25, 2016 9:30 pm

peel bros wrote:
Not being funny but they will not compete with Darkies,that's why we went back on it..

its possible first few races but difficult after that mine only have 4/5 flights to go its the body and around the head that worries me
Back to top Go down
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

PostSubject: Re: How's training going ?   How's training going ? EmptyMon Jul 25, 2016 9:31 pm

Yeah your right Ray
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: How's training going ?   How's training going ? EmptyMon Jul 25, 2016 9:34 pm

Boosey wrote:
Yeah your right Ray

how many flights to go for yours steve
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: How's training going ?   How's training going ? EmptyMon Jul 25, 2016 10:38 pm

Totally agree Darren I won one on natural but it was only 120 miles after that I was well behind .it was a one off but they will better yearlings
Back to top Go down
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

PostSubject: Re: How's training going ?   How's training going ? EmptyMon Jul 25, 2016 10:41 pm

Mine are the same Darren, all with 4 or 5 flights to go.
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: How's training going ?   How's training going ? EmptyTue Jul 26, 2016 5:36 am

Boosey wrote:
Trainings been going unbelievably well 14 tosses started with 3  tosses at 17 miles and toss them now at 20 or 30.
They are smashing it home and I'm not home when they come home but by the time they are registering they can't be hanging about trapping, last Thursday they were all in within 12 seconds.
Then on their 1st race Saturday they were 33 minutes behind.
I feel I'm doing everything right, it's like banging your head against a wall.
Training them Tuesday and Thursday this week, weather permitting.

Had you given your y/bs any tosses with other peoples birds, in training, Boosey?

If not, it might be that they just freaked a bit with all those other birds around them. Don't let it get you down just yet, I am trusting that they will be right on the mark very soon.

Your birds have shown you that they have the speed and the orientation to your loft because they have done so well in training.

As a matter of interest - how far was your first race?

ATB
Phil
Back to top Go down
http://www.philongold.net
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

PostSubject: Re: How's training going ?   How's training going ? EmptyTue Jul 26, 2016 5:58 am

Cheers Phil, I decided not to train with anyone else's birds this year.
Last year I sent them with a local trainer to teach them to split and they caught Yb sickness just before the season started.
1st race was Peterborough 75 miles to me.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: How's training going ?   How's training going ? EmptyTue Jul 26, 2016 6:58 am

oldstrain wrote:
we had our last toss at 22 mile today all home 1 was late and has worked hard to get back...lost 6 training 5 in one hit they have had 12 tosses 3 at 5 miles 4 at 12 miles and 5 at 22 miles training in the stroud valley maybe a 12 mile toss midweek then into first race for my naturals

Looks OK to me O/S Smile Smile if they haven't twigged yet Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes the message your trying to send them by now lol! lol! lol! another 12 tosses would just be a waste of time & effort etc from my perspective Wink Wink. For me here, I tossed mine for the first time south into a gale on Sunday & the took 78 minutes for 30 odd miles & today I gave them the pleasure lol! lol! lol! of doing it all over again into a gale from the same spot & they did it in 55 minutes etc & I class that as racing speed, with the way the wind was today here Wink Wink but I have to admit thou  bounce  bounce one is out there some where, dragging his bum sadly. cheers
Back to top Go down
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

PostSubject: Re: How's training going ?   How's training going ? EmptyTue Jul 26, 2016 10:16 pm

30 miles today, all home in 34 minutes.
17 seconds between 1st and last through the trap.
Hopefully weather will be ok for another one Thursday.

When you believe your doing something right you've got to stick at it.
lol!
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: How's training going ?   How's training going ? EmptyWed Jul 27, 2016 12:18 am

Boosey wrote:

lol!

Hope it wasn't a head wind their Boosey Smile Smile lol! lol! lol! as your time "34 minutes' makes mine time look rather sick etc Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: How's training going ?   How's training going ? EmptyWed Jul 27, 2016 5:37 am

Boosey wrote:

lol!

That sounds fantastic to me Boosey.

How do you get your birds to trap so quickly? Do you use a Sputnik with Bob wires, or another system.

Phil
Back to top Go down
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

PostSubject: Re: How's training going ?   How's training going ? EmptyWed Jul 27, 2016 6:09 am

Just a normal trap with Bolton wires, they trap quickly because there's blended peanuts mixed in with the diat on their return, there's not that much food in their trough on return so they've got to get in quick to get some.
They've had 16 tosses now so they know the routine.
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: How's training going ?   How's training going ? EmptyWed Jul 27, 2016 8:15 am

Boosey wrote:
Just a normal trap with Bolton wires, they trap quickly because there's blended peanuts mixed in with the diat on their return, there's not that much food in their trough on return so they've got to get in quick to get some.
They've had 16 tosses now so they know the routine.

You say there is not much in their food trough Steve, do you give them more when they are all in? Or do you give them a small ration in the mornings anyway?

I am just wanting to learn.
Phil
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: How's training going ?   How's training going ? EmptyWed Jul 27, 2016 8:25 am

good luck for the weekend steve sounds like their coming well ...phil we always leave about a tea spoon per bird in the hopper as i dont have the luxury of being at the loft on their return from a toss as usually they will beat me home
Back to top Go down
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

PostSubject: Re: How's training going ?   How's training going ? EmptyWed Jul 27, 2016 9:42 am

I've got 8 young birds, and they come home to about 5 table spoonfuls of food.
And I give them their main feed when I get home from work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How's training going ?   How's training going ? Empty

Back to top Go down

How's training going ?
Page 1 of 1