Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» King removes Patronage
next years competitions Emptyby David Today at 4:18 pm

» Weather today
next years competitions Emptyby David Today at 4:16 pm

» Good Morning
next years competitions Emptyby David Today at 11:34 am

» escaped birds return
next years competitions Emptyby David Today at 10:25 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
next years competitions Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
next years competitions Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» Scandalous .......
next years competitions Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
next years competitions Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
next years competitions Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) next years competitions 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 90 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 89 Guests :: 2 Bots

barnie

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.next years competitions Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
next years competitions Vote_lcapnext years competitions Voting_barnext years competitions Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
next years competitions Vote_lcapnext years competitions Voting_barnext years competitions Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222760 messages in 14003 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
next years competitions Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
next years competitions Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

next years competitions

Go down 
+4
Boosey
Lofty
peel bros
oldstrain
8 posters
AuthorMessage
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

next years competitions Empty
PostSubject: next years competitions   next years competitions EmptySun Dec 18, 2016 2:59 pm

looking for any members ideas for competitions I have a few ideas myself but maybe members have some ideas themselves ....don't be shy no idea is a daft one we have a selection of pigeon products to bring in for prizes and pigeon corn too cheers hopefully everyone will get a bite at the cherry Basketball

Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: next years competitions   next years competitions EmptyMon Dec 19, 2016 8:59 am

Best one bird performance. Yb and old bird .cock or hen ect...
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: next years competitions   next years competitions EmptyMon Dec 19, 2016 9:39 am

thanks for the input ray
Back to top Go down
Lofty
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: next years competitions   next years competitions EmptyMon Dec 19, 2016 10:11 am

Myself and probably some others won't be racing old birds next year, so you'll have to excuse me if I think of something for ybs only, still thinking, so should get summat by July lol!
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: next years competitions   next years competitions EmptyMon Dec 19, 2016 11:54 am

thanks roy maybe lowest winning velocity at club level or something like that or maybe do a raffled yb exchange and member with best results gets prize 50/50 with the breeder 5 bags of corn each just ideas at the mo
Back to top Go down
Lofty
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: next years competitions   next years competitions EmptyMon Dec 19, 2016 1:39 pm

oldstrain wrote:
thanks roy maybe lowest winning velocity at club level or something like that or maybe do a raffled yb exchange and member with best results gets prize 50/50 with the breeder 5 bags of corn each just ideas at the mo

I'll win that hands down, most of my ybs walked home last year Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

PostSubject: Re: next years competitions   next years competitions EmptyTue Dec 20, 2016 6:02 pm

Ha ha
Back to top Go down
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

PostSubject: Re: next years competitions   next years competitions EmptyTue Dec 20, 2016 6:03 pm

Ha ha
Back to top Go down
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

PostSubject: Re: next years competitions   next years competitions EmptyTue Dec 20, 2016 6:03 pm

Ha ha
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: next years competitions   next years competitions EmptyTue Dec 20, 2016 6:24 pm

peel bros wrote:
Best one bird performance. Yb and old bird .cock or hen ect...

Great idea Ray - BUT how will be judged?

Would it be the bird that has the most places over the season?

If so, would you take into account the distance, the number of birds that that pigeon was flying against, the weather conditions, the terrain the bird flies over e.g . mountains, a lot of water etc?

I am not picking holes in the idea - it is just - if you get a bird back in 8th place and it has flown over Scottish mountains with the wind on it's nose for 450 miles - is that equal to a bird that has flown 200 miles up one of the corridors in England and wins the thing?

All the very best you guys.

Phil
Back to top Go down
http://www.philongold.net
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: next years competitions   next years competitions EmptyWed Dec 21, 2016 4:15 pm

I think our yb exchange was always popular, and it would have been a good idea like Darren suggested 50/50 breeder buyer.......but I think the main thing which would scupper anything like this is the courier costs, which arnt cheap, plus added to our yearly bill of racing, feeding, training etc would/could make it a none starter for some members.

i think we need to think of a competition for 2017 which can be decided on more than one performance, but to do this we need as many members as we can to forward their results every week, so it can be a decision decided upon by Darren and the rest of the forum who deserves the prize most.
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: next years competitions   next years competitions EmptyThu Dec 22, 2016 7:22 am

Exactly
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: next years competitions   next years competitions EmptyThu Dec 22, 2016 9:11 am

as you say david the courier fee kills off all hope of a breed and exchange type of thing ...we need some idea that has a weekly interest
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: next years competitions   next years competitions EmptyThu Dec 22, 2016 4:23 pm

Most improved? Best new idea? Best money saving tip? Best video of you guys/gals dancing? Joke of the week?
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: next years competitions   next years competitions EmptyThu Dec 22, 2016 5:56 pm

halcanada wrote:
Most improved? Best new idea? Best money saving tip? Best video of you guys/gals dancing? Joke of the week?

best video dancing sounds probably the best idea to date hal I am sure their will be a few sights over the coming 10 days santa lol! lol! lol! most improved I like the sound of Wink
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: next years competitions   next years competitions EmptyThu Dec 22, 2016 6:15 pm

I think any success of our yearly competitions depends on member participation.........the more who get actively involved by posting up or sending in their results, the better the competitions will be, and more chance of any prizes going to members who have supported the forum and the competitions, rather than someone who contributes nothing the rest of the time, and only logs in to take whats on offer........JMO
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: next years competitions   next years competitions EmptyThu Dec 22, 2016 7:34 pm

First yearling to win over 300 miles?
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: next years competitions   next years competitions EmptyThu Dec 22, 2016 8:01 pm

Totally agree david
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: next years competitions   next years competitions EmptyFri Dec 23, 2016 9:14 am

yes I agree david we need something on a weekly basis that creates interest through the race season or yb season as some of our members wont be racing old birds
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: next years competitions   next years competitions Empty

Back to top Go down

next years competitions
Page 1 of 1