Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
What prizes have gained over the years that you have raced  Emptyby oldstrain Today at 12:21 pm

» Weather today
What prizes have gained over the years that you have raced  Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 12:09 pm

» King removes Patronage
What prizes have gained over the years that you have raced  Emptyby oldstrain Today at 11:04 am

» York Road & District Results 2024
What prizes have gained over the years that you have raced  Emptyby David Yesterday at 1:35 pm

» APHA Forms .......
What prizes have gained over the years that you have raced  Emptyby David Fri May 17, 2024 11:38 am

» come join us
What prizes have gained over the years that you have raced  Emptyby David Thu May 16, 2024 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
What prizes have gained over the years that you have raced  Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
What prizes have gained over the years that you have raced  Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
What prizes have gained over the years that you have raced  Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) What prizes have gained over the years that you have raced  20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 61 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 60 Guests :: 1 Bot

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.What prizes have gained over the years that you have raced  Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
What prizes have gained over the years that you have raced  Vote_lcapWhat prizes have gained over the years that you have raced  Voting_barWhat prizes have gained over the years that you have raced  Vote_rcap 
oldstrain
What prizes have gained over the years that you have raced  Vote_lcapWhat prizes have gained over the years that you have raced  Voting_barWhat prizes have gained over the years that you have raced  Vote_rcap 
David
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1298 registered users
The newest registered user is Marcdvc11

Our users have posted a total of 222893 messages in 14007 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
What prizes have gained over the years that you have raced  Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
What prizes have gained over the years that you have raced  Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

What prizes have gained over the years that you have raced

Go down 
+3
oldstrain
halcanada
Fairweather-Turner
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Fairweather-Turner
Chipping
Chipping

What prizes have gained over the years that you have raced  Empty
PostSubject: What prizes have gained over the years that you have raced    What prizes have gained over the years that you have raced  EmptyWed Mar 08, 2017 11:06 pm

What prizes have gained over the years that you have raced ? Smile
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: What prizes have gained over the years that you have raced    What prizes have gained over the years that you have raced  EmptyThu Mar 09, 2017 1:01 am

Last few years not much here. Quite often will not bother clocking off. Hour there to the club and a hour back. So why do I bother? Love to see them come home, pleasure to have them. I do not sell them. Gave lots away. 30 young last year and stock birds every year. Some of them. As most fanciers I have too many. To win requires more dedication than I have had last few years. However! This year will apply the same strategy I had a lot of years ago. I do not fly widowhood so have to pay attention to nest position, keep records etc,. All birds must race. regardless of the distance. If in shape. From what is left the top percent stay. Plus their parents. Rest are eliminated. Next season will do the same again, but narrow down the percentage kept. Example if I have six good racers and parents, the rest are just dead weight. Cost of feed etc, gets to be a loss. Also the time looking after so many. Beautiful looking pigeons that one gets attached to are hard to cull.  However, no second chances. I admire fanciers who send  many birds to each race. It is their choice and keeps the clubs going. Without the big fliers the sport would probably die. Never knock a mob flier! Only one bird wins the race. Regardless of wind or drag or any of the other excuses some fanciers make. The most back biting sorest losing people I have ever met race pigeons. It will never change so a consistent winner has to have a thick skin. Years ago I went through it. Won the club quite often and the Federation occasionally. From 100 miles to 600 miles. Many times only day birds. Back in those days 20 years or so ago, we got trophies. I took dozens to the local dump. 600 mile trophy had to be returned, annual trophy. Anyway. One loft races entered just two. few years back now. $1000 from one, $1200 from another. 600 mile winner was a Des Mathys x Stichlbaut. Got out of birds then started again. Now have Jannsens from Tom Mackowecki who lives in Alberta. He wins consistently. All distances to 500. They are crossed but then crossed back in with imports. His originals were from Jules Gallez many years ago. 50% here are red or mealy. Original cock he imported was a red. The birds are good!! The management sucks! Does not do them justice. However. management will smarten up this year!! I often wonder..is it the management or the bird that contributes most to winning? PS. Toms birds won me the money in the one loft races. He also sent but did not do good.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: What prizes have gained over the years that you have raced    What prizes have gained over the years that you have raced  EmptyThu Mar 09, 2017 4:04 pm

won club races and had fed and open positions racing north and south only been racing 6 years last 3 have been a bit quiet due to having a new born and him growing up and needing a lot of attention I am also my wifes carer but the lads just started school so more time this year cheers racing with my grandfather and then my uncle their was many performances but the one that stands out is the only bird on the day from lambelle when their was a storm in the channel she arrived wet through never forget that little red cheq hen she was something else a brave little bird Smile the main thing is to enjoy yer birds I know some really good fanciers who have never won a race and do much for the club Wink
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: What prizes have gained over the years that you have raced    What prizes have gained over the years that you have raced  EmptyThu Mar 09, 2017 8:14 pm

halcanada wrote:
Last few years not much here. Quite often will not bother clocking off. Hour there to the club and a hour back. So why do I bother? Love to see them come home, pleasure to have them. I do not sell them. Gave lots away. 30 young last year and stock birds every year. Some of them. As most fanciers I have too many. To win requires more dedication than I have had last few years. However! This year will apply the same strategy I had a lot of years ago. I do not fly widowhood so have to pay attention to nest position, keep records etc,. All birds must race. regardless of the distance. If in shape. From what is left the top percent stay. Plus their parents. Rest are eliminated. Next season will do the same again, but narrow down the percentage kept. Example if I have six good racers and parents, the rest are just dead weight. Cost of feed etc, gets to be a loss. Also the time looking after so many. Beautiful looking pigeons that one gets attached to are hard to cull.  However, no second chances. I admire fanciers who send  many birds to each race. It is their choice and keeps the clubs going. Without the big fliers the sport would probably die. Never knock a mob flier! Only one bird wins the race. Regardless of wind or drag or any of the other excuses some fanciers make. The most back biting sorest losing people I have ever met race pigeons. It will never change so a consistent winner has to have a thick skin. Years ago I went through it. Won the club quite often and the Federation occasionally. From 100 miles to 600 miles. Many times only day birds. Back in those days 20 years or so ago, we got trophies. I took dozens to the local dump. 600 mile trophy had to be returned, annual trophy. Anyway. One loft races entered just two. few years back now. $1000 from one, $1200 from another. 600 mile winner was a Des Mathys x Stichlbaut. Got out of birds then started again. Now have Jannsens from Tom Mackowecki who lives in Alberta. He wins consistently. All distances to 500. They are crossed but then crossed back in with imports. His originals were from Jules Gallez many years ago. 50% here are red or mealy. Original cock he imported was a red. The birds are good!! The management sucks! Does not do them justice. However. management will smarten up this year!! I often wonder..is it the management or the bird that contributes most to winning? PS. Toms birds won me the money in the one loft races. He also sent but did not do good.
Same, same Hal Smile Smile "the dump trick" lol! lol! lol! dust collectors I called all my trophy's etc here, except for those that were house hold items for the house or the loft as such. Clock Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes No clock Wink Wink same, same here.   cheers
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: What prizes have gained over the years that you have raced    What prizes have gained over the years that you have raced  EmptyThu Mar 09, 2017 9:09 pm

Too many to put on here as we have been racing a long time,from nearly day one we won about 2 races a year in a very hard club.now we get about 5 to 6 wins but it's different now due to less members but more birds.I think it was harder then as a lot more flyers to beat...
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: What prizes have gained over the years that you have raced    What prizes have gained over the years that you have raced  EmptyFri Mar 10, 2017 7:39 pm

ive only had about 6 races in 6 years..............but got a few cards even so.. Razz Razz lol!

I`m just a pigeon keeper/hoarder.. lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
friendsloft
Youngbird
Youngbird
friendsloft

PostSubject: Re: What prizes have gained over the years that you have raced    What prizes have gained over the years that you have raced  EmptySat Mar 11, 2017 7:33 am

Just mainly club and fed and combine the best ive done in the north west grand national is 5th west section 9th open
Ken
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/friendsloft/index.htm
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: What prizes have gained over the years that you have raced    What prizes have gained over the years that you have raced  EmptySat Mar 11, 2017 7:00 pm

friendsloft wrote:
Just mainly club and fed and combine the best ive done in the north west grand national is 5th west section 9th open
Ken
Sounds OK to me  Smile Smile I always have a certain thought as such Wink Wink when some one is in their glory etc sitting in front of all there trophy's Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes as if they have just shot an elephant/lion sadly Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad with joy Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: What prizes have gained over the years that you have raced    What prizes have gained over the years that you have raced  EmptySun Mar 12, 2017 12:29 am

Have to say. Was going to delete my previous post. That was in the past. Over here we also got diplomas for the first 3 positions. After a while did not mean anything. Won a 300 yb race and won $500 with a van loon. Did not really like the other prize I won. Big fat Muscovy duck! Gave him away before I got home from the club.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: What prizes have gained over the years that you have raced    What prizes have gained over the years that you have raced  EmptySun Mar 12, 2017 12:51 am

halcanada wrote:
Have to say. Was going to delete my previous post. That was in the past. Over here we also got diplomas for the first 3 positions. After a while did not mean anything. Won a 300 yb race and won $500 with a van loon. Did not really like the other prize I won. Big fat Muscovy duck! Gave him away before I got home from the club.
The duck trick Smile Smile Millionare, once gave me a large bottle of Champagne etc here Hal, years ago Smile Smile  for winning a 600 mile Fed at the time Wink Wink & I must admit lol! lol! lol! it lasted longer than your duck etc. cheers
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: What prizes have gained over the years that you have raced    What prizes have gained over the years that you have raced  EmptySun Mar 12, 2017 12:58 am

Was nothing personal with the duck We already had one previous at the place. Got cold he would knock on the screen door with his beak to be let in. At 1 or 2 am it was annoying. Set the dogs off barking. Who then wanted to go out and pee. besides, once in he commandeered the wood stove. Tried to keep everybody, people animals away.
Portuguese guy who finally took him said he tasted good.
Dr Penfolds was Plonk when I was over there. Cheap crap.Over here it is expensive stuff.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: What prizes have gained over the years that you have raced    What prizes have gained over the years that you have raced  EmptySun Mar 12, 2017 1:19 am

halcanada wrote:
Was nothing personal with the duck We already had one previous at the place. Got cold he would knock on the screen door with his beak to be let in. At 1 or 2 am it was annoying. Set the dogs off barking. Who then wanted to go out and pee. besides, once in he commandeered the wood stove. Tried to keep everybody, people animals away.
Portuguese guy who finally took him said he tasted good.
Dr Penfolds was Plonk when I was over there. Cheap crap.Over here it is expensive stuff.
 Trust me Hal Smile Smile My bottle at the time  Wink  Wink  was high range etc. A certain Mr Veal Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes was my benefactor at the time here. Toorak type Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes & I will not tell you about the story, where he found himself in possession  lol!  lol!  lol!  of 68 eggs from Emiel Deweerdt Smile Smile of which 67 hatched out, when they just happened to fall out of the sky by chance here, back then.
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: What prizes have gained over the years that you have raced    What prizes have gained over the years that you have raced  EmptySun Mar 12, 2017 2:08 am

Can relate to the eggs falling. Some fanciers here and in Europe produce enough youngsters from a cock usually that is mathematically impossible. Or the scenario were in Europe one guy was advertising birds from 1st and 2nd etc race birds. Friend of mine, now dead, used to import lots from the UK. Top flier. Karl von Gardony, originally from Hungary. So he called the guy. Said he did not see his name in the results published there. Fellow told him the results "were to my loft". So much crap nowadays. We have real fanciers and money merchants. Sometimes (and there are some) Win a lot and sell a lot. Reputation for honesty is every thing in this sport. Supersedes all other factors. But again, old fashioned as when a guy gives his word I accept it.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: What prizes have gained over the years that you have raced    What prizes have gained over the years that you have raced  EmptySun Mar 12, 2017 8:34 am

great stuff hal and oz I enjoyed those few paragraphs Smile
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: What prizes have gained over the years that you have raced    What prizes have gained over the years that you have raced  EmptySun Mar 12, 2017 8:45 am

oldstrain wrote:
great stuff hal and oz I enjoyed those few paragraphs Smile
lol! lol! lol! Not bad for a pair of old blokes I suspect O/S Smile Smile. Just let's hope here now Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes we both can hang in there here, for a few more years etc Wink Wink lol!  lol! .   cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: What prizes have gained over the years that you have raced    What prizes have gained over the years that you have raced  EmptySun Mar 12, 2017 9:00 am

yes may you both reach 3 figures and have a special meal of duck pate and champagne to wash down with and then sit back in a recliner and have one of hals mint specials cheers flower afro
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: What prizes have gained over the years that you have raced    What prizes have gained over the years that you have raced  EmptyMon Mar 13, 2017 5:56 pm

oldstrain wrote:
yes may you both reach 3 figures and have a special meal of duck pate and champagne to wash down with and then sit back in a recliner and have one of hals mint specials cheers flower afro
100 Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Smile Smile Night mare  scenario for me O/S. Just amagine Hal & the  alien lol! lol! lol! attempting here at that age to waffle on as we do & you lot try & make sense of what we could be saying Wink Wink.   cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What prizes have gained over the years that you have raced    What prizes have gained over the years that you have raced  Empty

Back to top Go down

What prizes have gained over the years that you have raced
Page 1 of 1