Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
Training Old birds now the season has started Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:17 am

» Good Morning
Training Old birds now the season has started Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:16 am

» Gst Filing Consultants In Chennai
Training Old birds now the season has started Emptyby tharunjohar50 Today at 7:16 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Training Old birds now the season has started Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Training Old birds now the season has started Emptyby David Yesterday at 4:53 pm

» SEO Company in Chennai
Training Old birds now the season has started Emptyby tharunjohar50 Yesterday at 11:37 am

» escaped birds return
Training Old birds now the season has started Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 10:42 am

» Scandalous .......
Training Old birds now the season has started Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
Training Old birds now the season has started Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Training Old birds now the season has started 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 79 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 77 Guests :: 1 Bot

George & Morgan, tharunjohar50

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Training Old birds now the season has started Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
Training Old birds now the season has started Vote_lcapTraining Old birds now the season has started Voting_barTraining Old birds now the season has started Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Training Old birds now the season has started Vote_lcapTraining Old birds now the season has started Voting_barTraining Old birds now the season has started Vote_rcap 
tharunjohar50
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222733 messages in 14004 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Training Old birds now the season has started Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Training Old birds now the season has started Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Training Old birds now the season has started

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

Training Old birds now the season has started Empty
PostSubject: Training Old birds now the season has started   Training Old birds now the season has started EmptyMon Apr 24, 2017 6:07 pm

I know we touched on this subject a little with the other Phil's posting which was headed 'is it too much?' My question is, what do you think about training old birds once the racing season is underway?

Should one keep training for example once a week well into the old bird season, or is once a week not enough, or do you feel that training old birds at all once they get past 200 miles is a waste of time?

Phil
Back to top Go down
http://www.philongold.net
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Training Old birds now the season has started   Training Old birds now the season has started EmptyMon Apr 24, 2017 6:11 pm

the latter for me phil
Back to top Go down
redrog
Youngbird
Youngbird
redrog

PostSubject: Re: Training Old birds now the season has started   Training Old birds now the season has started EmptyMon Apr 24, 2017 6:17 pm

same here, lost 3 hens training, one of them scored my only first place last season, its feeding time for hawks
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: Training Old birds now the season has started   Training Old birds now the season has started EmptyMon Apr 24, 2017 8:17 pm

We don't have that kind of hawk problem here in my part of frogland - would that make any difference to your training?

Phil
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Training Old birds now the season has started   Training Old birds now the season has started EmptyMon Apr 24, 2017 8:19 pm

phil, I know you might have already said on another topic.....but how are your old birds racing, natural, widowhood or roundabout...?
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: Training Old birds now the season has started   Training Old birds now the season has started EmptyMon Apr 24, 2017 8:29 pm

I would like to say we are on "Widowhood" but we only have 4 hens to 8 cocks.

Last weekend I took 4 stock hens that are resting at the moment, and put them into one side of a cock's nest box. We are using standard widowhood nest boxes with plastic fronts.

The 4 hens that have been with a cock before, know which box to go into, so they are happy. I am using the 4 stock hens to gee the other 4 cocks up somewhat.

I only used this for the first time last weekend so none of the birds are really used to any system yet, bearing in mind last week was only their second race. I am trusting that, as the weeks go on, I can play with them a bit more, and hopefully motivate them.

The only slight snag with the system as it is at the moment is that, if a cock comes back before its racing hen, it might be a little disgruntled. We will have to see.

Phil
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

PostSubject: Re: Training Old birds now the season has started   Training Old birds now the season has started EmptyMon Apr 24, 2017 8:38 pm

As I have said before I like to train for days a week as I feed a heavy mix and they don't fly around home very well but if they do fly well at home then I wouldn't think training would help
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: Training Old birds now the season has started   Training Old birds now the season has started EmptyMon Apr 24, 2017 8:40 pm

markevans wrote:
As I have said before I like to train for days a week as I feed a heavy mix and they don't fly around home very well but if they do fly well at home then I wouldn't think training would help

How far do you train your birds Mark?

Phil
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

PostSubject: Re: Training Old birds now the season has started   Training Old birds now the season has started EmptyMon Apr 24, 2017 8:44 pm

30miles Phil Monday to Thursday weather permitted its just what I have all ways done then I feel its up to the birds
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Training Old birds now the season has started   Training Old birds now the season has started Empty

Back to top Go down

Training Old birds now the season has started
Page 1 of 1