Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
Pigeons open wounds  Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:02 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Pigeons open wounds  Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 3:34 pm

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
Pigeons open wounds  Emptyby David Today at 12:38 pm

» Good Morning
Pigeons open wounds  Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 11:19 am

» Scandalous .......
Pigeons open wounds  Emptyby David Today at 9:41 am

» Morgan's new job
Pigeons open wounds  Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:43 pm

» Another find
Pigeons open wounds  Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:14 pm

» birds on loan
Pigeons open wounds  Emptyby oldstrain Yesterday at 9:36 am

» Garlic .......
Pigeons open wounds  Emptyby Knackered Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:07 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Pigeons open wounds  20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 134 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 133 Guests :: 2 Bots

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Pigeons open wounds  Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
Pigeons open wounds  Vote_lcapPigeons open wounds  Voting_barPigeons open wounds  Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Pigeons open wounds  Vote_lcapPigeons open wounds  Voting_barPigeons open wounds  Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222569 messages in 13998 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Pigeons open wounds  Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Pigeons open wounds  Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Pigeons open wounds

Go down 
+2
steve b
Boosey
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

Pigeons open wounds  Empty
PostSubject: Pigeons open wounds    Pigeons open wounds  EmptySat May 13, 2017 11:49 pm

We were having a chat at the club on marking night about injured pigeons with bad open wounds, I've got one healing at the moment that took all of its skin off on wires on the underneath of its body. I gave it a salt bath and put it in the hospital hutch with thick wood shavings so it wouldnt be laying in its own droppings as its leg was also damaged.
The debate was about ho pigeons never seem to get an infection in an open wound, and they seem to heal so quickly and perfectly.
I said I'm not sure how much pain they feel as they seem so brave, and one very experienced well respected fancier, said that pigeons are quite unique in the fact that they can shut of the pain from certain parts of their body.
I'd never heard of this before.
Have other members had pigeons with open wounds get infected, surely the human medical feturnity should be looking at a pigeons biological make up.
Back to top Go down
steve b
Hatchling
Hatchling
steve b

PostSubject: Re: Pigeons open wounds    Pigeons open wounds  EmptySat May 13, 2017 11:55 pm

Germolene
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Pigeons open wounds    Pigeons open wounds  EmptySun May 14, 2017 7:54 am

salt water is ideal also have iodine spray to hand with the likes of savalon they attract dust/dirt as they are wet products the iodine spray is a dry type of spray its made by savalon excellent for wounds ...that's a interesting reply from the fancier steve one I have never heard ...I wonder if theirs any truth in it
Back to top Go down
redrog
Youngbird
Youngbird
redrog

PostSubject: Re: Pigeons open wounds    Pigeons open wounds  EmptySun May 14, 2017 8:39 am

have a bottle of that purple stuff they use for horses and such, works a treat but they look buggers for week or so
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: Pigeons open wounds    Pigeons open wounds  EmptySun May 14, 2017 11:51 am

One of our cocks has a cut foot. It looks as if it has cut the main pad between its toes.

I can tell you this cock feels pain in the foot. Last night I looked at the bird's foot after bathing it in TCP all week. It had a bit stuck to the underside of the foot that I thought at first was droppings, but when I tried to remove it, the pigeon jumped! Obviously with pain.

I will try some Iodine in a small spray bottle as the TCP does not seem to be healing the foot so well.

All the best with your bird Boosey.

Phil
Back to top Go down
http://www.philongold.net
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Pigeons open wounds    Pigeons open wounds  EmptySun May 14, 2017 12:06 pm

baking powder phil........ Wink
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Pigeons open wounds    Pigeons open wounds  EmptySun May 14, 2017 12:51 pm

blueskylofts wrote:
One of our cocks has a cut foot.  It looks as if it has cut the main pad between its toes.

I can tell you this cock feels pain in the foot.  Last night I looked at the bird's foot after bathing it in TCP all week.  It had a bit stuck to the underside of the foot that I thought at first was droppings, but when I tried to remove it, the pigeon jumped!  Obviously with pain.

I will try some Iodine in a small spray bottle as the TCP does not seem to be healing the foot so well.

Phil

probably hardened skin phil I have seen it on one of my cocks and thought the same but it is actually attached ...the cut probably goes through that area so not clear to see
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: Pigeons open wounds    Pigeons open wounds  EmptySun May 14, 2017 1:59 pm

oldstrain wrote:
blueskylofts wrote:
One of our cocks has a cut foot.  It looks as if it has cut the main pad between its toes.

I can tell you this cock feels pain in the foot.  Last night I looked at the bird's foot after bathing it in TCP all week.  It had a bit stuck to the underside of the foot that I thought at first was droppings, but when I tried to remove it, the pigeon jumped!  Obviously with pain.

Phil

probably hardened skin phil I have seen it on one of my cocks and thought the same but it is actually attached ...the cut probably goes through that area so not clear to see

Yes Darren - I think you are spot on!

Phil
Back to top Go down
http://www.philongold.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pigeons open wounds    Pigeons open wounds  Empty

Back to top Go down

Pigeons open wounds
Page 1 of 1