Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
what you feeding Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:35 am

» Scandalous .......
what you feeding Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
what you feeding Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
what you feeding Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
what you feeding Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:25 pm

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
what you feeding Emptyby David Yesterday at 12:38 pm

» Good Morning
what you feeding Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 11:19 am

» Morgan's new job
what you feeding Emptyby Knackered Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:43 pm

» Another find
what you feeding Emptyby David Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:14 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) what you feeding 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 83 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 83 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.what you feeding Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
what you feeding Vote_lcapwhat you feeding Voting_barwhat you feeding Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222577 messages in 14000 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
what you feeding Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
what you feeding Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

what you feeding

Go down 
+5
redrog
fieldwalker
Lofty
Knackered
oldstrain
9 posters
AuthorMessage
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

what you feeding Empty
PostSubject: what you feeding   what you feeding EmptyFri Dec 15, 2017 4:29 am

what are you feeding at present guys now the moult is over ours are on the left over moulting mix with barley and wheat added
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

what you feeding Empty
PostSubject: Re: what you feeding   what you feeding EmptyFri Dec 15, 2017 5:54 am

oldstrain wrote:
what are you feeding at present guys now the moult is over ours are on the left over moulting mix with barley and wheat added
Cheapest feed mix on the block etc 50%. Chicken layer pellet's 10% & then Farm peas, safflower & rapeseed straight out of a farmers paddock. Safflower, grain store Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes $38/48 a bag Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Farmer, delivered to ones door $20 Smile Smile Smile I bought up etc "Big time" Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
Lofty
Youngbird
Youngbird

what you feeding Empty
PostSubject: Re: what you feeding   what you feeding EmptyFri Dec 15, 2017 8:04 am

Ours are on a 50/50 lo-cost high protein and depurative, they're looking ok on it , and as fit as fiddles with no excess weight, will be perfect for breeding time in a couple of weeks Wink
Back to top Go down
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird
fieldwalker

what you feeding Empty
PostSubject: Re: what you feeding   what you feeding EmptyFri Dec 15, 2017 9:15 am

mornings a hand full of the following mix...layers pellets..bos pellets...linseed...tk conditioner.
3pm.4 seasons farm barley wheat equal measures.
if really cold...drinkers frozen cold I add handful of beans each feed tray extra. Smile
Back to top Go down
redrog
Youngbird
Youngbird
redrog

what you feeding Empty
PostSubject: Re: what you feeding   what you feeding EmptyFri Dec 15, 2017 11:33 am

breeder/racer cheap and cheerful
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

what you feeding Empty
PostSubject: Re: what you feeding   what you feeding EmptyFri Dec 15, 2017 12:50 pm

fieldwalker wrote:
mornings a hand full of the following mix...layers pellets..bos pellets...linseed...tk conditioner.
3pm.4 seasons farm barley wheat equal measures.
if really cold...drinkers frozen cold I add handful of beans each feed tray extra. Smile

very similar to my morning feed
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

what you feeding Empty
PostSubject: Re: what you feeding   what you feeding EmptyFri Dec 15, 2017 12:59 pm

3/4 best all round and 1/4 depurative
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

what you feeding Empty
PostSubject: Re: what you feeding   what you feeding EmptyFri Dec 15, 2017 7:36 pm

100% bamfords premier gold for mine
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

what you feeding Empty
PostSubject: Re: what you feeding   what you feeding EmptyFri Dec 15, 2017 7:52 pm

I quite like bamfords corns, the depurative im giving now is bamfords.....its a decent clean corn, not too expensive compared to some of them, and better than a lot of them...
Back to top Go down
mufc rick
Youngbird
Youngbird
mufc rick

what you feeding Empty
PostSubject: Re: what you feeding   what you feeding EmptyFri Dec 15, 2017 8:02 pm

100% Bamfords multi task at the moment Very Happy that's there base mix all year round , I add other bamfords corn as and when needed through out the year .plus a pocket of peanuts in my loft coat they will take my fingers off for them if I'm not careful lol!
Back to top Go down
mufc rick
Youngbird
Youngbird
mufc rick

what you feeding Empty
PostSubject: Re: what you feeding   what you feeding EmptyFri Dec 15, 2017 8:03 pm

markevans wrote:
100% bamfords premier gold for mine

Best stuff on the market for the channel imo santa
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

what you feeding Empty
PostSubject: Re: what you feeding   what you feeding EmptyFri Dec 15, 2017 8:07 pm

mufc rick wrote:
100% Bamfords multi task at the moment Very Happy that's there base mix all year round , I add other bamfords corn as and when needed through out the year .plus a pocket of peanuts in my loft coat they will take my fingers off for them if I'm not careful lol!

whats multi task like rick, is it a heavy type of mix, or like an all round type of mix.......has it a lot of maize in it..or much small seeds...?
Back to top Go down
mufc rick
Youngbird
Youngbird
mufc rick

what you feeding Empty
PostSubject: Re: what you feeding   what you feeding EmptyFri Dec 15, 2017 8:14 pm

David imo its the dogs danglers as a base mix lol! 22 different types of corn if my memory is right , I just add a little diat 2000 up to 150 mile then premier gold for the long races, it's got plenty of popcorn maize , it's got a little red/dark maize and a little of the big yellow maize mate it works for me mate santa
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

what you feeding Empty
PostSubject: Re: what you feeding   what you feeding EmptyFri Dec 15, 2017 8:18 pm

ah right, is this for old bird racing or young bird racing rick...?
Back to top Go down
mufc rick
Youngbird
Youngbird
mufc rick

what you feeding Empty
PostSubject: Re: what you feeding   what you feeding EmptyFri Dec 15, 2017 8:25 pm

Old bird racing David , young bird racing they get 100% multi task and plenty of peanuts as much as they want .no hungry ybs here but I do only feed once a day with the ybs , just want them to learn and come home Wink santa
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

what you feeding Empty
PostSubject: Re: what you feeding   what you feeding EmptyFri Dec 15, 2017 9:00 pm

Multi task is a very good mix but I like their young bird pop corn mix for the youngsters easily to digests
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

what you feeding Empty
PostSubject: Re: what you feeding   what you feeding EmptyFri Dec 15, 2017 10:09 pm

markevans wrote:
Multi task is a very good mix but I like their young bird pop corn mix for the youngsters easily to digests

is that like Gerry plus mark...?
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

what you feeding Empty
PostSubject: Re: what you feeding   what you feeding EmptyFri Dec 15, 2017 11:10 pm

No maple peas or any other peas small seeds and three types of maize popcorn size you can feed as much as they can eat and in the morning its gone and they are hungry again good corn I will use it again this coming season have a look on bamfords web site its around £13.00 pound a bag
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

what you feeding Empty
PostSubject: Re: what you feeding   what you feeding EmptySat Dec 16, 2017 1:26 am

Lots of large corn. Wheat, milo etc,. Corn keeps them warm. Popcorn? No, unless it is in the mix. Too hard for them to digest. Cheap stuff is what I feed.
Bag I got today. Red corn, Yellow corn, Hard red wheat, Red Milo, Red millet, Yellow peas, Maple peas. 12.7 protein. Fat 3% Carbs 66%. That I will mix daily with the cheaper stuff. As the eggs get nearer hatching will boost the protein.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

what you feeding Empty
PostSubject: Re: what you feeding   what you feeding EmptySat Dec 16, 2017 2:30 am

halcanada wrote:
Lots of large corn. Wheat, milo etc,. Corn keeps them warm. Popcorn? No, unless it is in the mix. Too hard for them to digest. Cheap stuff is what I feed.
Bag I got today. Red corn, Yellow corn, Hard red wheat, Red Milo, Red millet, Yellow peas, Maple peas. 12.7 protein. Fat 3% Carbs 66%. That I will mix daily with the cheaper stuff. As the eggs get nearer hatching will boost the protein.
Put ones thoughts out there Hal on feed etc Smile Smile & it's like walking in a mine field Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes as chances are things will go belly up with your views Wink Wink in some ones eye's etc. Peas are poison, pop corn maize is bad, wheat is a killer Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Chicken pellets, are for chickens Smile Smile or a mix with 20 plus grains, is better for our birds than one with 5/6grains as such. Pigeons I suspect just want the simple life Wink Wink but us owners sadly, with our wisdom ???? do tend at times to make life rather difficult for them all I would suggest Smile Smile.
Back to top Go down
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird
fieldwalker

what you feeding Empty
PostSubject: Re: what you feeding   what you feeding EmptySat Dec 16, 2017 6:03 am

Years ago...early 70s my grandfather used to get canadian wheat (docks) it was darker and harder and a more nutty taste ( i was about 10y.o)good stuff...pity the bloke who supplied it got caught lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

what you feeding Empty
PostSubject: Re: what you feeding   what you feeding Empty

Back to top Go down

what you feeding
Page 1 of 1