Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
Nearly that time again  - Page 3 Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:35 am

» Scandalous .......
Nearly that time again  - Page 3 Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
Nearly that time again  - Page 3 Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
Nearly that time again  - Page 3 Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Nearly that time again  - Page 3 Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:25 pm

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
Nearly that time again  - Page 3 Emptyby David Yesterday at 12:38 pm

» Good Morning
Nearly that time again  - Page 3 Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 11:19 am

» Morgan's new job
Nearly that time again  - Page 3 Emptyby Knackered Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:43 pm

» Another find
Nearly that time again  - Page 3 Emptyby David Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:14 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Nearly that time again  - Page 3 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 93 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 93 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Nearly that time again  - Page 3 Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
Nearly that time again  - Page 3 Vote_lcapNearly that time again  - Page 3 Voting_barNearly that time again  - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Nearly that time again  - Page 3 Vote_lcapNearly that time again  - Page 3 Voting_barNearly that time again  - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222577 messages in 14000 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Nearly that time again  - Page 3 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Nearly that time again  - Page 3 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Nearly that time again

Go down 
+10
friendsloft
blueskylofts
redrog
Knackered
fieldwalker
halcanada
Boosey
oldstrain
David
phil411
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

Nearly that time again  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nearly that time again    Nearly that time again  - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2018 9:11 am

David wrote:
yes I started straight away phil, but I think its going to be a long job......... Crying or Very sad

In my humble experience, it takes about 4 weeks to get the y/b's used to a whistle or tin or 'come-on'.

Good luck with it.

Can I just add, it is best JUST to use sort of call - not a whistle and a 'come-on'.

Phil
Back to top Go down
http://www.philongold.net
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Nearly that time again    Nearly that time again  - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2018 7:42 pm

not sure what call to use, one continuous blow, or small short blows on the whistle........ Suspect Suspect

I would prefer to whistle my self, but as ive got older ive found I cant whistle lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
morb
Chipping
Chipping
morb

PostSubject: Re: Nearly that time again    Nearly that time again  - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2018 8:40 pm

I think what ever you do, do it the same all the time. I whistle short bursts while shaking a coffe can with peas in it, works pretty good.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Nearly that time again    Nearly that time again  - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2018 9:28 pm

yep, short bursts seems to be best I think, whenever I blow it the ybs are all curious and seem to be getting the idea a little bit.....time will tell if its a good idea or not eh lol!
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: Nearly that time again    Nearly that time again  - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2018 12:00 am

Young birds can be encouraged to enter the loft on a call or whistle or whatever. Just a matter of conditioning to relate to sound equals feed. Remember years back on the allotments birds homing from a race. Whistles, cans being shaked, fanciers calling and yelling. I doubt if the birds could even diffrentiate. Young birds here I just talk them in. Old birds..they need encouragement to trap they have lost anyway.
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: Nearly that time again    Nearly that time again  - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2018 7:58 am

I disagree with Morb - I think whistling and shaking a tin is too confusing for the birds.

I have seen people use a whistle, then shout 'come-on', then shake the tin - WHY!!!

One type of call is enough.

Also - Don't over do the whistling - I blow the whistle TWICE - toot - toot then WAIT - don't blow and blow and blow. The birds can hear you perfectly well and blowing too much just makes them unresponsive.

A very good friend of mine, blows his whistle twice - toot - toot, then waits a bit. Then if the birds don't come in, he does it again, then WAITS to give them a chance to come in. If they are not all in, he gives one final double blow on the whistle. Any that have not come in by then, he locks out until the next meal time.

They soon get the message!

Phil
Back to top Go down
http://www.philongold.net
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird
fieldwalker

PostSubject: Re: Nearly that time again    Nearly that time again  - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2018 8:09 am

all only learnt response to food,brainwashing more you do it the more they respond,you could just as easy use a duck call.
Got a mate uses a cordless battery door bell inside his loft (traps thru raised bobs) setting is a dog bark
sounds abit like he's saying ''how how how' they go in champion Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Nearly that time again    Nearly that time again  - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2018 10:57 am

I just used to shout dinner, no problem.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

PostSubject: Re: Nearly that time again    Nearly that time again  - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2018 7:14 pm

I used to whistle them in, but now just shake the corn tin, but to be honest as soon as they see the corn tin they start to come in, even before I shake it, but I’m also struggling to whistle as I’m getting older. Sad
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

PostSubject: Re: Nearly that time again    Nearly that time again  - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2018 7:18 pm

At this time of the year I call them in but in the race season we sit down the garden and watch the trap to the Sputnik them selves no need to call or shake the tin
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Nearly that time again    Nearly that time again  - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 17, 2018 12:31 am

MISTY wrote:
I just used to shout dinner, no problem.

Regards.

lol! lol! lol! I used to shout Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes last one get's nothing Smile Smile worked Ok bounce bounce  once they come out of my gum trees etc Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nearly that time again    Nearly that time again  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nearly that time again
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3