Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Myths a must read. Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 3:34 pm

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
Myths a must read. Emptyby David Today at 12:38 pm

» Good Morning
Myths a must read. Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 11:19 am

» Scandalous .......
Myths a must read. Emptyby David Today at 9:41 am

» Weather today
Myths a must read. Emptyby David Today at 9:30 am

» Morgan's new job
Myths a must read. Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:43 pm

» Another find
Myths a must read. Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:14 pm

» birds on loan
Myths a must read. Emptyby oldstrain Yesterday at 9:36 am

» Garlic .......
Myths a must read. Emptyby Knackered Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:07 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Myths a must read. 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 114 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 113 Guests :: 2 Bots

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Myths a must read. Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
Myths a must read. Vote_lcapMyths a must read. Voting_barMyths a must read. Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Myths a must read. Vote_lcapMyths a must read. Voting_barMyths a must read. Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222568 messages in 13998 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Myths a must read. Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Myths a must read. Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Myths a must read.

Go down 
+2
oldstrain
MISTY
6 posters
AuthorMessage
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Myths a must read. Empty
PostSubject: Myths a must read.   Myths a must read. EmptyThu Mar 29, 2018 9:47 am

Just read in the RP an article by a Silvio Mattacchione.

If there is a better article anywhere I would be shocked.

It is too long for me to attempt to print it but well worth just buying this weeks RP.

It says what I and others have been attempting to point out for the past 50 odd years.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Myths a must read. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Myths a must read.   Myths a must read. EmptyThu Mar 29, 2018 2:05 pm

It would be a great pity if fanciers did not read this article, it is very enlightening regarding many aspects of the sport.

In particular the nonsense regarding feeding, he fed the same as me the same all the year round and many other such matters that the EXPERTS decry.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Myths a must read. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Myths a must read.   Myths a must read. EmptyThu Mar 29, 2018 6:34 pm

don't get the rp is it online
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Myths a must read. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Myths a must read.   Myths a must read. EmptyThu Mar 29, 2018 6:44 pm

Hi oldstrain,
These machines are still a mystery to me so I do not know if the RP is on the net.

But I would be pleased to send my copy to you if I had your address.

It is well worth a read as it dispells many of the experts ideas as to whats necessary to be successful in the sport and any new prospect thinking of joining the sport ought to read it.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Myths a must read. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Myths a must read.   Myths a must read. EmptyThu Mar 29, 2018 6:50 pm

that's very kind of you thankyou
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

Myths a must read. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Myths a must read.   Myths a must read. EmptyThu Mar 29, 2018 7:00 pm

Didn't no they still printed the rp was never a lot in it but what was printed was a good read
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

Myths a must read. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Myths a must read.   Myths a must read. EmptyThu Mar 29, 2018 7:03 pm

Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

Myths a must read. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Myths a must read.   Myths a must read. EmptyThu Mar 29, 2018 7:09 pm

Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Myths a must read. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Myths a must read.   Myths a must read. EmptyThu Mar 29, 2018 7:20 pm

How you found it so easily is beyond me, but what surprised me more was the actual number of opinions and articles there are based on such a simple and easy sport to be engaged in and be successful no wonder any new prospect may be put off.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird
fieldwalker

Myths a must read. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Myths a must read.   Myths a must read. EmptyThu Mar 29, 2018 7:55 pm

noticed he also sells pigeons and his services.... pirat
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Myths a must read. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Myths a must read.   Myths a must read. EmptyThu Mar 29, 2018 8:05 pm

What has that got to do with the actual facts related?

It is easy to be a cynical all the time but it does not help the sport.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

Myths a must read. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Myths a must read.   Myths a must read. EmptyFri Mar 30, 2018 1:06 am

I have visited the site many times. Met the guy. He writes and publishes books on parrots finches and a whole range of stuff. He wrote the article on the site, "Never say die" Or as of a year ago. about David Clausing and his Houbens, well worth the time to read. So asked him, if the Clausing pigeons are that good, million dollar winners, how come you do not have them? Told me his best pigeon or two, best breeders from years ago, were at the Clausing loft. David inbreeds quite heavily. So they wondered if the breed or strain could be improved. What they are working on now. Or were last year. To me he is a honest guy. Says it like it is. H is not strapped for cash!
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Myths a must read. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Myths a must read.   Myths a must read. EmptyFri Mar 30, 2018 1:07 am

MISTY wrote:
It would be a great pity if fanciers did not read this article, it is very enlightening regarding many aspects of the sport.

In particular the nonsense regarding feeding, he fed the same as me the same all the year round and many other such matters that the EXPERTS decry.

Regards.
Every aspect of our sport Misty to a degree has been turned into a money making machine for/by some one down the line sadly & unfortunately from my perspective. Food, magic mixes, medications, training Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes the next super must have breed  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes . The sport has lost its sole I would suggest Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad in a big big way Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Myths a must read. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Myths a must read.   Myths a must read. EmptyFri Mar 30, 2018 9:40 am

Yes, the sport would be greatly improved if more people realised the road they are being fleeced on and the actual damage both to the sport and in particular the pigeon, they are causing.

I have been saying and publishing exactly the same for over50 years but you always get the commercial boys to entice the gullible to help them relieve the ordinary fancier of their hard earned cash.

As I have said numerpous times, keep things simple, there is nothing complicated about keeping a pigeon healthy and able to perform to it's best ability but is also easy to ruin it through bad management and stupid theories, but at the same time you cannot turn a sows ear into a silk purse, and for every pigeon having the badic requirements to start with you will have thousands that have not, and if younstart with the latter ?????.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Myths a must read. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Myths a must read.   Myths a must read. Empty

Back to top Go down

Myths a must read.
Page 1 of 1